Please rework the melee take-downs

+
I really enjoy fighting with melee weapons in the game, but the takedowns are very stiff and Immersion breaking. Additionally, it would be very cool if you guys could add multiple takedown animations for the most prominent melee weapons (idk, i guess katana and mantis blades). Far Cry 3, 4 and Dishonored would be a nice example for very well made takedown animations, they vary especially regarding from where the takdown takes place, they're not too long, the audio is nice and visceral, and the NPCs react better (they look shocked or in pain). I'm currently glad when i don't trigger takedown-animations in Cyberpunk since they don't feel nice and they just slow you down.

This also applies to the takedowns while grabbing people. V always breaks the targets neck using his/her hands while usually having plenty of blades in the inventory. It would be nice, if the player could choose beforehand, whether V should perform lethal or non lethal takedowns (Splintercell blacklist solves this perfectly by integrating a toggle for lethal/non lethal in the weapon wheel). This would also allow direct takedowns without needing to grab people first, which is also kinda annoying as it slows down the gameplay immensely.

Last edited:
Top Bottom