Please share your opinion about Knights of the Old Republic with me

+
I'm briefly hijacking this thread to turn your attention towards this rather badass star wars fan film.

It's actually worth it. First rate lightsaber combat action! :wazzzup:

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw it (it was posted in the films thread here before). It's very well done for a fan film. Some even say it's better than The Force Awakens, haha ;)

Yup, saw it before too. Pretty good quality for a fan-made film (Although I enjoyed Force Awakens too :) Not too conservative about that). But a movie about Darth Maul would be pretty nice. The one after that Han Solo movie maybe? :p

I think I played 4 or 5 hours straight today, completing Nar Shaddaa in one go and
jedifying Atton, Bao Dur, Mira and Handmaiden all in one go. ;D
I think I will never love a game like I love KotOR II.
(Then again, Fallout New Vegas does similar things to me.)

Just wrote a script for extracting proper audio files from KoTOR II data. It's all posted on Youtube already, but it's good to have the original source.

[video=youtube;vyzS2l-W1Xc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyzS2l-W1Xc[/video]

I sometimes even listen to the KotOR II soundtrack at work. :)

Fun story, btw: saturday I was playing the game, when my girlfriend told me "you know, the soundtrack of this game is a blatant star wars-rip off!" ;D
I see that as a serious compliment to the composer(s) of the TSL soundtrack, when even people with no high affinity to star wars and/or star wars games can identify the 'starwarsianness' of it ^^

Last edited:
@M4xw0lf: It's indeed a praise. Both Jeremy Soule in KoTOR I and Mark Griskey in KoTOR II did a great job being close to the spirit of the original source by John Williams.

It reminds me how Clint Bajakian beautifully reproduced the spirit of Ennio Morricone's music in Outlaws.

I think I played 4 or 5 hours straight today, completing Nar Shaddaa in one go and
jedifying Atton, Bao Dur, Mira and Handmaiden all in one go. ;D
I think I will never love a game like I love KotOR II.
(Then again, Fallout New Vegas does similar things to me.)

I think that´s interesting. So many people point out KotoR 1 as being the good game. I always thought 2 was way much better, but only suffered from technical issues. (thrown out the door much to Obsidians anger) I mean...damn...Darth Nihilus is the most interesting villain in all of Star Wars in my opinion :x

I think that´s interesting. So many people point out KotoR 1 as being the good game. I always thought 2 was way much better, but only suffered from technical issues. (thrown out the door much to Obsidians anger) I mean...damn...Darth Nihilus is the most interesting villain in all of Star Wars in my opinion :x
I think I haven't played KotOR I even once after the release of KotOR II - it would feel a step back in every way, beginning with the gameplay.

Not long until my light side run is finished. I also got almost all achievements then (not that I usually care about that, but if you are a completionist, you'll get them anyways), only one or two failed to trigger.

KOTOR 1 and 2 are the very best SW games AND the very best SW media and they will never be surpassed, SPECIALLY KOTOR 2

Last edited:
Top Bottom