Please take the QoL effects of current itemization seriously. A complete overhaul is needed.

+
I found a Legendary mod for "face" armor (many of you already now know where this is going) and was pretty hyped about it.
And i cannot use it. It has sat in my inventory for over 25 in-game hours now. The last 5 of those hours were dedicated to trying to find a way to use it.
Yes, I checked to be sure - unlike some other mods, you cannot apply "face" mods to a face armor of lower quality than the mod.

Check this ridiculous nonsense out:

There are....
THREE
Legendary Face armors in the game that have even the potential to have even one mod slot.
They are:
- Johnny's Aviators
- An RNG-dependent possible drop from Sasquatch
- A vendor-sold "yellow sunstar" infovisor thing, supposedly

and that's it.
So if RNGeezus decided you don't get the Sasquatch glasses, that leaves two - one of them being a Silverhand item. So realistically while still playing most of the game....

One.

And, as an added bonus, I cannot get it to spawn by any means. I have done the advised "check shop, go away a little, waste 24 hours" trick 50 times before I gave up. Think about that a second. 50 times I advanced 24 hours. I spent nearly TWO MONTHS in-game as a homeless person outside this one shop lol. I suspect that my game will never spawn this item in the store it supposedly belongs to. And btw I have 49 street cred and I don't see SC listed as a req for this item anyway.

The real problem, tho, is not just this item. It's that this whole nonsense circus goes on with nearly ALL ITEMS.... this issue is hardly isolated to this incident. Itemization is a mess, it's all over the place. There is no info in-game that even tells you what half the mods DO or what they CONNECT TO. Crafting specs don't tell you what you're building... sometimes, not even the TYPE of thing, in the case of some Cyberware mods!

All this leads to breaking out of the game, breaking player engagement, looking stuff up on websites, going thru tedious save-scumming and timeskipping when all we want is some damn boots that don't look stupid with these pants, or something with a mod slot for this mod we found, or something with better stats because we haven't seen an upgrade drop or spawn in stores in 10 hours of game time. This is not good. There is no rational reason to argue in favor of keeping things this way. It's detracting, and distracting, from the game's many excellent qualities and replaces "getting caught up in the immersion" with "annoying tedious meta-task just to accomplish what should be a very basic function."

How is it 2077 and I have to physically visit a store to see what they have in stock, anyway? I don't have to do that in the real world today!
How do so many items have tooltips that tell you literally nothing about whether or not it's something you should get, or save up for, or care about, or could use right now, or will never need at all...?

Please, CDPR, now that you've got the game prepped to boost sales on nextgen consoles, please give this the attention it deserves. Almost no aspect of gear, crafting, or itemization is in any way internally consistent, and it delivers a lot of bad data - or no data - to the player.

And if you're reading this and you no longer mind because you've gotten used to it, and the other strengths of the game make up for it? Great! Glad to hear it. That in no way changes the fact that this is an ugly bit of the game's mechanics for new people to run into, and new people are exactly what they want to attract more of with the nextgen upate.

a lot of things in this game just seemed rushed and over looked. I think the botched console launch has drawn away from a lot of little fixes that are needed and with each update adding new bugs and problems it might be a long time before they can finally stop fixing the things they break.

its like they built an rpg world and disregarded the whole rpg element just to tell "the story" while the story was okay imo not really ground breaking new stuff. and by doing this the world they created has suffered. look at all the useless vendors and the useless internet they created.

hopefully somethings can be fixed but don't count on it really because so many little things need to be addressed

All things can be fixed. It just requires commitment and doing it, like most things. Create a small internal task force of just a few people to start getting to work on it, don't make excuses, and don't look back: just do it. A journey of a thousand lines of code begins with the first bugfix ;)

There are....
THREE
Legendary Face armors in the game that have even the potential to have even one mod slot.
They are:
- Johnny's Aviators
I think there are more :)
Here mines, I didn't really "search" for these items (like skipping time many times in shops) and somes (like two in the screenshots) have an ability who replace the mod slot.
And anyway there are more, for example, there are legendary glasses in the clothes shop not far from V's apartment, always available and at low level).
12-03-2022_01-59-42-yn2l5nkx.jpg

Edit : And just for "help", three more :
- Cop glasses - NorthSide
- Corpo glasses - Santo Domingo
- Fiver glasses - Santo Domingo

Last edited:
I went and got 2 of the three "more" you mention. None of them have mod slots.
I crafted 10 copies of the Sunspark. Not a single one came out with even a single mod slot.

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2022.03.12 - 06.55.45.09.png

I don't know which shop you mean, the one north of Goldsmith St. that's west of the Med Center metro? Never seen legendary glasses there.
Made 10 more after this screenshot. Nothing.

I suppose the data could be wrong or out of date but I'm going by what has so far been a pretty reliable online wiki/database of game data, the game8.co site for cp77. So far, the data they have (such as most of the "set" legendary glasses not having slots) matches what I see.

Any chance you're running a mod that changes the min number of modslots on things?

Edit: ugh also i don't want some boring-ass present day "aviator" cop sunglasses lol. There's already not a huge choice in styles available if you want a specific look, i have no idea why CDPR decided restricting their narrow selections even further was a good idea

Some of the design choices are just.... i don't even know
like there is one eyewear craft you unlock at Epic level, and they decided to go with..... bright dayglo lime green and yellow-lights ugly eyesore
like of all the possible color combos they could've choosen for the craft unlock you get for leveling the skill, wtf

White snow boots, awesome, very cyberpunk themed not

I think a large part of the problem might be that i was actually alive during the early 80s through the mid 90s and actually saw.... not to mention wore..... a lot of gothpunk / industrial inspired clothing (tho sadly none of it helped me jump higher or anything xD) and let's just say Trilby hats and gold hot pants were NOT part of the wardrobe....

Last edited:
I went and got 2 of the three "more" you mention. None of them have mod slots.
I crafted 10 copies of the Sunspark. Not a single one came out with even a single mod slot.
Hum... You save before pickup an item and reload until you have the mod slot or the ability that you want (and it's like that for every items in the game). And now, in 1.5, few reload are enough (it's ability or max mod slot).
Netrunner "glasses" always have "QHs reload time" ability, so you can't have mod slot on it (gaz masks always have poison resistance).

The shop (almost the same glasses as the Fixer's one). I will go take a screenshot, but I'm sure legendary glasses still available (like the pink shoes and the pant in the other Watson shops).
Map.png

PS : I'm on Series X, so I have the "base" game that everybody should have ;)
PS2^^: As far as I know, wiki(s) were not really updated since 1.23 or even before :D

Last edited:
You save before pickup an item and reload until you have the mod slot or the ability that you want (and it's like that for every items in the game). And now, in 1.5, few reload are enough (it's ability or max mod slot).
Yes, Fou, I know that. That's my point :). I have been trying to do that. It is not working.
Finally in exasperation I just went and crafted the 10 you see in the screenshot all at once. And still nothing.

According to the datamining site, some - most - of these items have a max modslot of ZERO. As in they will NEVER spawn with mod slots. What I see in game matches this data.

Your screenshot, however, shows items with modslots that the datamining site says can never spawn with them. And you are on console, you say, which makes this even more bizarre.

You know what, I am starting to wonder if there is not something wrong with my install. Maybe a bad update, maybe I have older/obsolete data files or archives from previous version that should no longer be present. I think i will try good ol' steam Validate Install and see what happens.

Yes, Fou, I know that. That's my point :). I have been trying to do that. It is not working.
Finally in exasperation I just went and crafted the 10 you see in the screenshot all at once. And still nothing.
Netrunner glasses always have this ability. Look my screeshot above, the blue ones, looted in a GIG (Wakako's favorite) have this ability too. So it's useless to try to have one mod slot. Even by crafting it 100 times, you won't get any with a mod slot ;)

Edit : glasses still available, screenshots available soon :)

I notice you are on PC.

With this mod you can remove the mod in the mod slot in your face wear and then put in your own. (they have mod slots, they are just fitted with a mod or should be, in my experience anyway, that doesn't allow itself to be removed or show as a mod.) I have not encountered a problem like you are having but would use this mod (together with cyber engine tweaks) to fix it.

Have some self control with the mod and it can fix your game, but if you lack self control it will ruin your game by making it too easy

There are in the shop ;)
(Available at the very beginning and require 10 SC at max, if I remember)
They are always available in the vendor inventory, so at max if you're (very) unlucky, you will have to skip 24H, 2 or 3 times to have it with a mod slot (fo
12-03-2022_13-17-57-u0eqspl1.jpeg12-03-2022_13-21-45-52odfup4.jpeg12-03-2022_13-22-11-wf4t5yku.jpg
And if you really want a special item with max mod slot (or an ability like me, bonuses against enemies), always save in front of the container (or the body) and reload until you have what you want :)
(for my legendary Quasar full mod slot/2 bullet per shot, I reloaded a save maybe 100 times this night^^).

Netrunner glasses always have this ability. Look my screeshot above, the blue ones, looted in a GIG (Wakako's favorite) have this ability too. So it's useless to try to have one mod slot. Even by crafting it 100 times, you won't get any with a mod slot ;)

Edit : glasses still available, screenshots available soon :)
Sorry if i'm not being clear.... i chose these specific items because the data source I was referring to lists them as havin *at least two* mod slots. So the "innate" ability thing should not be a factor.

However it seems that the site in question might be badly out of date - not simply a matter of a few details, but entirely invalid, if the underlying system was changed entirely, and these items no longer have multiple slots as previous experimenters demonstrated (such as Legendary items having the possibility to spawn, or be crafted, with random slots up to their maximum).

In any event I have given up trying to make sense of this disasterous, frustrating, RNG-laden loot system and fixed it all with mods :). Fortunately, depsite the lack of substantial support from CDPR, some folks have managed to do some impressive things with the game as far as tweaking systems and adding functionality.

Of course, this won't help CDPR in the slightest when the new wave of customers starts running into these issues on console, trying to remember what was where when they are all called "store" lol, having to trapise around each location physically to find something, and the still too much RNG.. But that's on them. if they want to keep telling themselves it's fine as it is, oh well.

I see that actually Cartlidge linked one of the mods I now have heh. I am diving into what tools there are now, and hope to be able to expand that function into a proper balanced system at some point (like needing to consume an item to improve another one, etc.).

Also, Fou, again, I know about saving and reloading. Like I said, i did it 50 times. I validated files, no change. I am now wondering if maybe console codebase has different loot and itemization rules than PC, not to mention, i will have to abandon the website - well all websites really - for loot and location data as it seems none of them are correct in 1.5 any more.

(Where'd you find the Quasar, anyway? Love the design of that gun, it's very original and i'd love to find a good one :) i choose to pretend not to see that its disc-cylander has the rounds held at an angle to the barrel and chamber lol)

Sorry if i'm not being clear.... i chose these specific items because the data source I was referring to lists them as havin *at least two* mod slots. So the "innate" ability thing should not be a factor.
Ok, so no. You can't have any mod slot on this item :(
The only netrunner glasses who have mod slot that I see in 1.5, are the legendary netrunner ones (from the Netrunner set), available in the Badlands (the first two in my very first post).
Before 1.5, they can have 3 mod slots at max. But now, they directly have the ability on it, which replace the mod slot.
(Where'd you find the Quasar, anyway? Love the design of that gun, it's very original and i'd love to find a good one :) i choose to pretend not to see that its disc-cylander has the rounds held at an angle to the barrel and chamber lol)
In a GIG (Gig: Severance Package) ;)

As far I remember in my last 1.5 playthrough, it's the only one that you can have in legendary and with an ability (my favorite one, "2 bullets per shot" who make it, almost the best weapon in the game).

I agree that some itemisation in the game is lacking (anyone who argues otherwise is being disingenuously supportive of the game) but there definitely are more options for legendary face with slots than those three.

Still, agreed that the list of options is very limited.

The real problem, tho, is not just this item. It's that this whole nonsense circus goes on with nearly ALL ITEMS.... this issue is hardly isolated to this incident

There are in the shop ;)
(Available at the very beginning and require 10 SC at max, if I remember)
They are always available in the vendor inventory, so at max if you're (very) unlucky, you will have to skip 24H, 2 or 3 times to have it with a mod slot (fo
View attachment 11291596View attachment 11291599View attachment 11291602
And if you really want a special item with max mod slot (or an ability like me, bonuses against enemies), always save in front of the container (or the body) and reload until you have what you want :)
(for my legendary Quasar full mod slot/2 bullet per shot, I reloaded a save maybe 100 times this night^^).
That's the shop where my V gets his aviators too. Stylishly, the aviator shop of the Night City since day 1 to 1.5

Four playthroughs and the same shop has always worked for me and my latest playthrough was with 1.5. Just went to check if place still is as reliable as earlier and Legendary Aviatiors with one mod slot, those I bought. So for my experience Stylishly is solid advice.

In general, even with less mod slots available in clothing in 1.5. Playing on normal difficulty, sure sticking one or two Armadillo's can give a lot of breathing room but I wonder if even those are really necessary.

It depends of goals and depending from those you may want to consider if going through wait cycle's to refresh shop stock is that important or if you want to solve problems in game with what you have.

That said, having certain look can be important, my Nomad V's has few things calling back to street wear from past decades and for that goal I have always found something. I did one playthrough where I went with certain kind of very niche thing, crafted things for that and all that running and as much I like the game, that aspect ended up hating but it was an experiment anyway.

If there really are more options than the old wiki sites list, then that's in a way even more of a problem because ni 40 hours on this playthrough i have not found a single one of them, and that's with devoting a few RL hours to looking for them too.

But the issue is not legendary glasses; it's finding glasses with a mod slot that will accept this Legendary mod I found. I can't believe that with one of the major criticisms of the game being lack of customization options, they add "you can change your hair" but then actually make items LESS modifiable? What on earth sort of logic is that? And I hate aviator glasses in RL, let alone in my sci fi game where they've made all these cool-looing high tech readouts and visors (some of them even animated).... and i can't use any of them for this mod i've been carrying around loose for 30 hours lol.

Oh well. It's really so weird. I mean it's not like loot systems in RPG-like or open world games or character customization are all new experimental concepts, there are well-established systems and basic principles that most successful games gravitate towards, across multiple genres. I have no idea why CDPR decided to ignore all of them and instead do.... this.

I mean as it is now my options seem to be, buy this one pair of Aviators that everyone uses to slot the mod in, or, finding good loose mods is now useless and frustrating because either you'll never get to use them or you'll be pushed to using some item you don't want to wear and would never choose so you can slot the mod. That's not defensible in any rational way as good design.

Edit: tho i have to say the silver-banded black cowboy hat (Gunlsinger something or other?) is really growing on me lol.

If "savescumming" for the best items is deemed acceptable as a feature then you may as well just make it so the items are fixed. Savescumming is not good game play.

I don't always end up using the Aviators by the way. I got them too early last time and so they became exorbitantly expensive to upgrade by about level 33. I ended up with the glasses you have on in the image above and it did have a mod slot. But several legendary items (not just face) I'd looted from hidden gems that same day had no slots.

Might as well not exist, an uncommon item with a single slot is better.

I found a Legendary mod for "face" armor (many of you already now know where this is going) and was pretty hyped about it.
And i cannot use it. It has sat in my inventory for over 25 in-game hours now. The last 5 of those hours were dedicated to trying to find a way to use it.
Yes, I checked to be sure - unlike some other mods, you cannot apply "face" mods to a face armor of lower quality than the mod.

Check this ridiculous nonsense out:

There are....
THREE
They are:
- Johnny's Aviators

and that's it.
So if RNGeezus decided you don't get the Sasquatch glasses, that leaves two - one of them being a Silverhand item. So realistically while still playing most of the game....

One.

And, as an added bonus, I cannot get it to spawn by any means. I have done the advised "check shop, go away a little, waste 24 hours" trick 50 times before I gave up. Think about that a second. 50 times I advanced 24 hours. I spent nearly TWO MONTHS in-game as a homeless person outside this one shop lol. I suspect that my game will never spawn this item in the store it supposedly belongs to. And btw I have 49 street cred and I don't see SC listed as a req for this item anyway.

The real problem, tho, is not just this item. It's that this whole nonsense circus goes on with nearly ALL ITEMS.... this issue is hardly isolated to this incident. Itemization is a mess, it's all over the place. There is no info in-game that even tells you what half the mods DO or what they CONNECT TO. Crafting specs don't tell you what you're building... sometimes, not even the TYPE of thing, in the case of some Cyberware mods!

All this leads to breaking out of the game, breaking player engagement, looking stuff up on websites, going thru tedious save-scumming and timeskipping when all we want is some damn boots that don't look stupid with these pants, or something with a mod slot for this mod we found, or something with better stats because we haven't seen an upgrade drop or spawn in stores in 10 hours of game time. This is not good. There is no rational reason to argue in favor of keeping things this way. It's detracting, and distracting, from the game's many excellent qualities and replaces "getting caught up in the immersion" with "annoying tedious meta-task just to accomplish what should be a very basic function."

How is it 2077 and I have to physically visit a store to see what they have in stock, anyway? I don't have to do that in the real world today!
How do so many items have tooltips that tell you literally nothing about whether or not it's something you should get, or save up for, or care about, or could use right now, or will never need at all...?

Please, CDPR, now that you've got the game prepped to boost sales on nextgen consoles, please give this the attention it deserves. Almost no aspect of gear, crafting, or itemization is in any way internally consistent, and it delivers a lot of bad data - or no data - to the player.

And if you're reading this and you no longer mind because you've gotten used to it, and the other strengths of the game make up for it? Great! Glad to hear it. That in no way changes the fact that this is an ugly bit of the game's mechanics for new people to run into, and new people are exactly what they want to attract more of with the nextgen upate.
Unless something changed, but that vendor in the middle of Kabuki sold a legendary glasses (bronze looking) from the beginning, like even before doing the heist.
Is it no longer there?

SomethingbI found rather funny btw: "tedious save-scumming and timeskipping when all we want is some damn boots that don't look stupid with these pants"
Then I presume you dont care about its rarity much?
While I understand the plight. I for one never really bothered much with that stuff tbh.
Used to fill everything with backpacker mods to hoard loads and loads.
Since that isnt possible anymore I pretty much slap armor on everything.

But the issue is not legendary glasses; it's finding glasses with a mod slot that will accept this Legendary mod I found.
I forgot this essential information about my experience with Stylishly, I found legendary aviators with a mod slot. I thought that go without saying in context of topic, my bad. But still, that's the shop I would keep checking.

What comes to item stuff in general, after four playthroughs, less I get involved with that, the better my experience has been. I tried to get to it on my second playthrough, went with crafting and tried to that certain kind of looks thing and ended up running in shops and in general I fucking hated it. Frankly, only thing that kept me from abandoning that playthrough was that I rediscovered some interconnecting plot related things from shards from various missions.

I can get it though, people wanting to their characters having certain looks and one of the big changes in gaming is how big role in-game photography connected to social media has. Role playing, whatever that is, but having looks that go with backstory and possible goals people may have in their minds for their V.

I think it's addictive mechanic. You find legendary mod for glasses, so now player wants to find legendary glasses to make use of it, or other way around. That +5% for crit chance, if my assumption is correct, may even look like good deal, but if you play on normal difficulty, you won't need it.

General idea I guess is that things like this not only appear logical, this goes with that, but also on feeling that it's there, if I don't put it to use I'm missing something. If you are to story and adventure game has to offer, sure you can go running after all the shops but then your game turns to playing shop inventory, then as game economy is inflation bases, you are spending your time in menus upgrading your items, looking for stuff, buying components, your character may come to revolve around Tech / Crafting.

I found that utterly unsatisfying, flip side of the coin is that it seems since looter shooters came around, this appears to be at the same time essential feature people want games to have.

For my part, I'm not one who can debate about this any further, for me one of the essential features of game is that I can ignore that stuff and if you want to focus on story aspects and enjoy with game what we have now, my advice would be to do that.

I don't have much to give to that discussion, but I have been thinking based on research that is not available in English or my sources at least, that addictive mechanics and that, it's very well researched subject well before video games, it goes to times when one armed bandits came around but it's focused what works, where is happening and what may be not that researched, simply due lack of samples as how do gather data from people who don't play games? is that when it doesn't work and mechanics that revolve a lot around needs of group that is important to industry, but overall small percentage of people in general what is win/lose point there and then that game could (practically already have) two economies supporting two kinds of approach already, if that could be developed further.

I think there are more :)
Here mines, I didn't really "search" for these items (like skipping time many times in shops) and somes (like two in the screenshots) have an ability who replace the mod slot.
And anyway there are more, for example, there are legendary glasses in the clothes shop not far from V's apartment, always available and at low level).
View attachment 11291467

Edit : And just for "help", three more :
- Cop glasses - NorthSide
- Corpo glasses - Santo Domingo
- Fiver glasses - Santo Domingo

You also have to make sure these Face items have been obtained on a save that was made after the 1.5 update. Some of my items on my oldest playthrough still have a mod slot, but in my newer playthroughs on 1.5, these same items, like this BD Wraith, have a built-in quickhack mod instead, and I cannot find it with an empty mod slot.
What I mean to say is, it seems the changes in 1.5 to some clothes do not affect items that were obtained in a 1.31 save for example.

Cyberpunk2077 2022-03-18 03-20-30.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom