Please Update Wcc_lite for TW3

+
Could we please get one last wcc_lite update that enables files not currently editable such as srt files to be in an editable format? Also would it be possible to allow textures in higher resolutions such as 8192 x 8192 (just increasing the upper limit of texture resolutions that can be processed by wcc_lite). Not sure if this can be done already but it's also worth a shot in asking: can we get the ability to add textures such as displacement maps into the game? Any of those features would be AMAZING. Thanks for your time.

I’m not sure that huge resolutions are necessary at the moment. A lot of PCs already have a tough time with 4k which is a lot smaller than that.

However, I doubt there‘s going to be an update anytime soon, since CDPR currently focusses on Cyberpunk and Gwent. Also, if there are restrictions, there‘s usually a reason for that.

Anyhow, for MOD discussions our MOD thread is probably better suited. Thread moved,

Thanks for moving the thread as I couldn't make a post in the mod discussions. The main thing I would like to see is editable srt files. The higher resolution support is most likely for later on, but no better time than the present to ask for such a thing because as the game gets older, the less likely they will be to support it. Plus maybe it is something that could easily be updated.

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

You can only edit DDS textures for trees, not SRT files. SRT files are part of SpeedTree, which is 3rd party proprietary tech.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know, :( maybe somehow they could get us the models since they were using SpeedTree?

Guest 3841499

I already tried, even asked on SpeedTree forums. Can't be done without some license and special tools. BTW - great job on the Oaks! There's a PROXY mesh (and XBM texture) for main game oak that you can edit. I think it is broken because parts of the tree are disconnected, although it doesn't appear to be so in the game.

EDIT: I think you should edit the proxy texture for main game oaks to fit your modded non-proxy textures :D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the compliment. I'm not too familiar with proxy meshes/textures. How do the oak's proxy meshes/textures work in the game? Are they used far away?

The .srt file is in packed (more specifically compiled) format, and cannot be unpacked.

We would need the .spm - file format from CDPR to access vanilla trees.

And we'd most likely need the SCS and SFC (configuration files) too, for game specific exports.

Top Bottom