Pleeeeease make a hacking mod

+

Guest 4478408

wonder what people have for ideas for a "hacking game"
as i see it any minigame is always shit no matter how well its done. even if its fun the first time, heck the 10th time, it will get really borring really fast and it will always become a chore.
the cyberpunk game cp77 is based on had a very sophisticated hacking system. this would have been a great modell for the game i think. but it would not have been a minigame then.

I just think the hacking interface is so overused. It just becomes so repetative that it is not fun, and maby with a mod, we dont have to use so much time doing it on the second playtrough.

I feel like every location on the map has way to many hacking interfaces, those red dots on the minimap you can hack for money and resourses. I'm having a hard time walking by them, but now, I have just given them up, just because the hacking is so boring.

Again, please someone make a mod that makes everything 1C or something so we don't need to use more time on hacking than we absolutely have to. o_O

I do not like to think too much when I am trying to unwind after work. Except for scripting to make mods (GOD I use to love doing that, scripting for mods I mean ). So the hacking mini game I always thought was THE most realistic and just challenging enough to be serviceable and could be beaten in a variety of ways (brute force or careful deduction) was Fallout 4.

My very first mods in the 80's were made using a hex editor and the hack mini game in fallout 4 brought back that same feeling.

But even if I could not have that in Cyberpunk game I would want a mini hack game that allowed for multiple ways to beat it. So that you could use either slow rhythm, good memory, quick reflexes or angry bird like mouse movements thru obstacles or weaving patterns on the screen to beat it.

BUT NOT ALL COMBINED to beat it it must be able to beat it with good skill in ONE of the above but all could work.

This way ALL players would find something to enjoy (analytical, artists and athletes).

Last edited:
I dunno, I code for work at least 10 hours a day and I kind of enjoy the hack mini game. My only complaint is... I wish there was more to it that just piecing together 3 hex lines.

Guest 4375874

I can not for the life of me understand how the company that made Gwent, perhaps the best minigame of all time, could make something as boring as the hacking minigame in this game. It was boring already the second time, and now I have hacked probably 500 times just on the first playtrough.

Can someone please create a mod that hacks automatically, or change all values to 1C so you can just click through the hacking quickly?

I do not know anything about modding myself, but hope it can be done.

If it's as boring as you put it then skip it, I'm not aware of anything that forces you to hack all the time.

Also...you're bored of hacking but you want them to design something that keeps us in it longer? the protocal system is not a gwent. It's purpose isn't to pass time with, it should be quick...in and out so you can focus on the mission at hand.

Like this?

It is not hard if you want to hack one "rank" but with multiple it could be challenging.
And it is true that later in the game I wished "I really hope there will be no acces points..."

But all I miss to make the minigame OK is a perk that would make me plan the way.
Holding 3 four-digit paths on 6x6 table in memory is annoying.
I would hope that RPG helps me there. After all, V is the one with super inteligence.

But I think the minigame itself is pretty good one. Just a bit overused.
If you're playing a netrunner build, the Breach Protocol skill and perk tree can eventually make the hacking minigame ridiculously easy. My current playthrough I'm doing a cyberware-only run, so I'm doing a bit of hacking even though I'm trying to focus mainly on Gorilla Arm melee. Since I'm devoting most of my perks to Athletics, Street Brawling, and Cold Blood, the hacking minigame is pretty challenging and I'm often not able to enter in all of the lines.

But my first playthrough was a netrunner with most of my perks going into Breach Protocol and Quickhacks, and eventually I got it to where each line was only two numbers and the first line was automatically successful. AND I had something ridiculous like 2 minutes on the timer. And since by that point I had a number of quickhacks that added additional demons to Breach Protocol, it basically let me choose which of them, if any, I wanted to apply to the combat. Getting all of them was super easy, but I was able to be selective on which of them I wanted to use. For example, the legendary Weapons Glitch allows you to upload it as a demon in Breach Protocol, but since my character was something of a pacifist and weapons glitches can be lethal, I usually chose not to include that one in the hacking minigame unless I was fighting all robots and drones.

So... I get how people who aren't specced into hacking might find it frustrating, but I think it does exactly what it's intending to do. For people who aren't specced into hacking, it's a bit of a challenge, but for people who are it allows for some additional strategic choices.

As for the person or people who said that they'd prefer just an RNG check.... I personally think this game would be a lot better if most of the RNG elements were stripped out of it. The RNG aspects of clothing and armor are part of what makes the crafting system so crappy, and why save scumming is such a viable solution to so many things in this game. (Side note to developers: with the new generation of consoles using superfast SSDs that make reloading a save trivial, if your game promotes save scumming due to RNG elements, it's just bad design.) Tabletop games tend to use dice to simulate the complexity of trying to do things within an imaginary world, but we really don't need that in the simulated worlds of video games. I really don't think anything would be lost if a gun in CP2077 did a fixed amount of damage with each shot rather than a random amount within a pretty wide range. The things that dice represent in a tabletop game are handled in the process of moving your character, aiming your weapon, and the NPC being able to move around and take cover. So... no. Please don't add more RNG crap to this game.

Look at the original hacking gameplay shown early on. It was supposed to be a graphical minigame that took place "in" cyberspace with moving blocks. It got changed at some point to make it easier to code and it is just super bland now.

Top Bottom