plz cd projekt red dont use any kind of propietary software gimmick

+
plz cd projekt red dont use any kind of propietary software gimmick

cd projekt red you are a great developer but plz dont split the community like you did with the witcher 3, do not use any kind of propietary software (aka gameworks) that only helps people who doesnt have nvidia cards to struggle with bad perfomance in games that use them

Last edited:

Kaebus2196

Kind of like Sardukhar says, there is too much variation in the potential system specs that a consumer might have to be able to appeal to all of them. They do try though.

One reason I stick to Intel, Nvidia, and the like hardware myself. While a tad more expensive compatibility issues almost never come up.
Sure most can be worked around, but I'd rather play the game then tinker with my system.

Radeon 290x..fine for the first couple patches, then stuttered, then mostly fine with the last couple.

I hear Nvidia crew also had a rough go of it for awhile.

My favourite bit was when you could get Hairworks to run with a hack on AMD at a MUCH higher framerate than Nvidia for awhile. Comedy gold.

I hear Nvidia crew also had a rough go of it for awhile.

Yup. I had problems with CTD until one specific driver release around August, and, judging by the posts in Tech Support, there have been a new round of issues with the latest drivers on Win 10.
I don't think that AMD vs Nvidia really applied here.

as long as gameworks stuff are additional features that can be disabled (and I'm pretty sure they always will be, since it's in no one's interest to make a game run badly on certain machines) then all we can really complain about is the ethical side of nvidia pushing their closed software really hard.
the point of gameworks (from the perspective of cdpr) is that they don't have to spend development time working on certain features, so they can concentrate on other things. the game looks better on a subsection of their costumers' computers with minimal work.
now they could use other middleware, namely tress fx (I actually have no idea how they compare, I've heard both that it's much better and that it's worse), but isn't that only hair? nothing else comes up if I google it. gameworks has lots of features, hbao for example is really nice.

Forum veteran
They should avoid it, but only because it's ugly as sin. It made Geralt's hair look like cooked pasta, and his beard became so scraggly and ugly that just thinking about it makes me want to drown something small and innocent.

It looks like they copy-pasted someone else's hair onto him, or went into Photoshop and reduced the contrast on his hair while leaving the rest of the scene intact. Just... so bad. Time saved avoiding gimmicky crap like this in 2077 is time they can put into fixing up bugs or doing any of the million other things that would actually make for a better game.

Yup. I had problems with CTD until one specific driver release around August, and, judging by the posts in Tech Support, there have been a new round of issues with the latest drivers on Win 10.

One reason I waited till a couple weeks ago to update to Win 10.
For some yet-to-be-comprehensible reason the last Win 7 auto-update made my PC "forget" it had 4x2 gig RAM chips and it only used one. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why Fallout 4 took so long to load and played like a slide show till I noticed.

cd projekt red you are a great developer but plz dont split the community like you did with the witcher 3, do not use any kind of propietary software (aka gameworks) that only helps people who doesnt have nvidia cards to struggle with bad perfomance in games that use them

Trust me, Gameworks works bad even on Nvidia cards.
I think devs should try to push technology further using their own creations, not gameworks.

In The Witcher 3, hairworks quality makes me laugh really hard.
The only necessary feature is HBAO+

Last edited:
Agreed.

Having a game jammed with hardware-specific features is cancer. You can save a whole lot of effort and time if you came up with your own moving hair simulations otherwise there's going to be a whole lot of issues with people that don't meet the hardware specifications.

Batman Arkham Knight comes to mind, the rain looking like absolute shit if you don't have a nVidia card.

Top Bottom