POLICE CAR SPAWN. THey even chased me!

+
Hey there guys!
I just did the first quest in the Us cracks questline, where Kerry asks you to burn a truck. After that the system spawns some police in your ass, as usually, but then something happend, what never happend before, and i can't find anything on the internet about it.... THE GAME JUST SPAWNED A POLICE CAR!!!! with 4 cops, shooting at me, and chasing me, for a good 5 seconds lol, then they disappeared. It was odd, but still... it further prooves that something cracks the code, can't function properly, so they added this placeholder shit of an ai, but it would be great if they would be willing to communicate with us. Anyway, i see this as a big thing, and i look forwart to see the game in the next 6 months. Hopefully they are going to add, or enable the proper ai. As far as i know, a guy on reddit found some npc having a day/night cycle too, so who knows...
Have you guys seen anything like this ?

Is this scripted as part of the quest?

Or just happened later on in the game?
It can be scripted, but however, i found some videos about the quest and in only one case spawns some police car. Like in this video
as you can see, there's no car chasing.
So who knows...

Thats a quest that they are suppose to chase you... but heres the problem. They cant chase you more than lets say 10 miles and hr... the reason that i say this is because i once hit a police car and they were driving and chased me but very slow... like idiots lol ..
Now i actually wondered what is wrong UNTIL i played the racing quest with Claire... i dont know if you noticed but the cars are constantly respawning cause they cant go fast or turn and they have to keep up with you sooo.. what CD project did was making them restart every 5 seconds...

I dont know what happened with the AI department in CD project BUT this is one of the worst AI system i have ever seen. My friend works on Ai projects and he cant believe this.. id pay dev to know what happened. My money is that the engine cant keep up with car chases or racing in general without breaking... because if its just something else i dont know why would anyone leave this... i installed gta 3 just to check on the AI.. It was better then this.. ..shame really...

Icinix

Forum veteran
Thats a quest that they are suppose to chase you... but heres the problem. They cant chase you more than lets say 10 miles and hr... the reason that i say this is because i once hit a police car and they were driving and chased me but very slow... like idiots lol ..
Now i actually wondered what is wrong UNTIL i played the racing quest with Claire... i dont know if you noticed but the cars are constantly respawning cause they cant go fast or turn and they have to keep up with you sooo.. what CD project did was making them restart every 5 seconds...

I dont know what happened with the AI department in CD project BUT this is one of the worst AI system i have ever seen. My friend works on Ai projects and he cant believe this.. id pay dev to know what happened. My money is that the engine cant keep up with car chases or racing in general without breaking... because if its just something else i dont know why would anyone leave this... i installed gta 3 just to check on the AI.. It was better then this.. ..shame really...

So a while ago I thought there was not AI implemented - but now I think the AI is there - but they've never been able to get it working properly through the way the world is broken up. Once you cross over into another chunk of the world, the spawning becomes necessary otherwise whoever is following you will never leave their chunk of the world. If you've got say - 500 chunks of the world or more, this might be playing absolute hell with any AI systems.

At least that's what it looks like is happening at the engine level.

Yeah the ai is ridiculous. I never expecting this game to be gta, it was never meant to be gta, but for the love of God the driving and the police ai is completely unfinished

lelxrv

Forum veteran

Yep, from the engine, to AI and optimization - tech. side of it is a disaster.

Top Bottom