Police Chase 2D

+
I was doing a lot of comments regarding to patch 1.2 fixing the police chase and I got a lot pessimistic view points regarding patch.

So to be more optimistic I decided to show how even just few days of work you could do a lot of changes and I'm personally expecting them to hold up to their promise of doing a lot of quality improvements.

My most recent post got taken down because it was no longer within the topic range so I decided to create a separate post to keep you up to date if I happen to further develop the game.

End result is here (so far) where I've in 3 days created a project from nothing and managed to get it up and running.
- independent loop for refreshing screen
- cars traveling toward destination that can be collided with
- hitting police cars gets then to attack you, and also spawn another car (outside of players view) to chase you
- monitoring game status, where you can pause the game and has a separate ending screen
- police cars shooting bullets travelling near to their current angle
- health meter and taking damage

Police Chase 2D

Currently thinking of:
- Animating police lights when chasing you
- Creating graphics for pathways
- Altering end points
- Creating health pickups to keep you alive longer
- Some form of goal like going 10 circle across the path

Let me know what you'd like to see added. Also if you got better places to share the code let me know :)

I've seen your previous post and stopped myself from commenting, thinking someone else will point out the obvious for you...

This is absolutely not relevant to developing a 3d game, within game engine environment that consists of complex system of other mechanics within the game and having other dependencies as well as being a bigger part of the picture/project.

I dont know what exactly is your point, but there is absolutely no correlation between your uhhh '2d project' and cyberpunk's lack of ai or chase, absolutely no correlation whatsoever.

How can you even remotely think that comparing html to c++/c# is worth a while? Not to mention the above massive differences ommitted just show how little you know about game development itself or programming in general.

No disrespect, but this thread is pointless.

Aside from silly comparison or 'demonstration' that brings nothing at all to any of your aforementioned discussions - this is a nice beginner project if you're starting to learn html or beginning your programming journey, keep it up.

Top Bottom