Police in Cyberpunk are very poorly designed

+
Game was rushed towards the end.

You can tell there's a arbitrary disparity between the systems.
Cops bounty system wasn't priority number one hence the damn near broken system in place right now.

I have no doubt this is being worked on as we speak. This could also be bugged.
There's footage on youtube here even where the cops actually chase the player. However, this never happens. I think a lot of these systems are bugged. CDPR explained a lot of these issues will be patched out very soon. Suppose we'll see.

Game was rushed towards the end.

You can tell there's a arbitrary disparity between the systems.
Cops bounty system wasn't priority number one hence the damn near broken system in place right now.

I have no doubt this is being worked on as we speak. This could also be bugged.
There's footage on youtube here even where the cops actually chase the player. However, this never happens. I think a lot of these systems are bugged. CDPR explained a lot of these issues will be patched out very soon. Suppose we'll see.

I see why they wouldn't implement this system, but I hope they are working on all of this because the game has a lot of potential and it would be a shame to not see it as it should be. I was really expecting it to be like a futuristic GTA with rpg stats and builds but right now it's just weird.

bign

Forum regular
There is any Police in Night City ??
Never noticed any.

It's funny, you do the police's job by clearing out a gang harassing some civvies and one of the civvies decides to stand up in your line of fire, then BAM the police show up right away. :coolstory:

It's funny, you do the police's job by clearing out a gang harassing some civvies and one of the civvies decides to stand up in your line of fire, then BAM the police show up right away. :coolstory:
Ah, so Police in this game is just another fixer ? Good to know !

What about the police netrunners? I'm sure I've seen a few of them.
Hence why I said most of the police. They have netrunners and bots. I haven't tested on the netrunners yet as I rarely see them but the robots can be hacked and I was also able to hack a spawned flying droid after mowing down some people. More broken stuff but basic cops will most likely not be cybered at all

Last edited:
about the ncpd not being chipped, i've seen plenty of riot officers decked out in cybernetics. and we still can't hack their drones and turrets. so, i'd say it total bs myself.

Has the police spawning/teleportation actually been deactivated now?

Just noticed today when I messed around a bit that cops would not teleport to me anymore.
In one of the wealthier districts some security turrets were activated instead.

Maybe it's a (positive) bug in my save game.

Decided to nap their wheels, since they never use them. :p

20210101052617_1.jpg

20210101052553_1.jpg

Decided to nap their wheels, since they never use them. :p

View attachment 11123645

View attachment 11123651
There is one sidequest with Kerry where two police cars actually spawn and start chasing you. Your objective's even something like "Loose your tail." Thing is, the AI is so broken that it can't keep up and even if you drive slowly so you can have a chase they just crash their cars immediately. I really hope police AI is on the top of the list after bugfixes.

There is one sidequest with Kerry where two police cars actually spawn and start chasing you. Your objective's even something like "Loose your tail." Thing is, the AI is so broken that it can't keep up and even if you drive slowly so you can have a chase they just crash their cars immediately. I really hope police AI is on the top of the list after bugfixes.

Must've missed that one. Did the gig with Kerry where the car blew up, but left the following gigs for another playthrough. As is, the traffic in my game is so fragmented, that practically every car at some point gets stuck. Cars also sink into the road all the time.
So for a police chase to take place...

Last edited:
Would love to have a separate reputation with the cops. When you kill a lot of civilians agressors they start to contact you to give you more and more dangerous jobs. And at certain point, you can enter crime scenes and they give you the subquest by a dialog line with the officer...

Keep the dream alive...

Top Bottom