Police Suggestion - NCPD

+
How the police work and your heat are often criticized elements in the game which focuses on criminal conduct - it's kind of important.

That said, instead of cops and robbers car chases, why not Cyberpunk-Capitalism it, and make "crimes" cost a fine (say some netrunner scrubs your record and deletes/blocks the police report). The more severe the crime, the more costly. Hitting pedestrians w/ your car might be $50 (for sake of ex), shooting them might be $100, and shooting an officer or whatever might be $1000. Perhaps the heat system could be a cost multiplier? Fines from additional crimes multiplied by some factor based on your heat.

Then you can just treat security and police as another gang (as it should be) - maybe give them higher quality loot and higher-powered abilities and quick-hacks to offset the fine and leave up to the player how they interact.

It would be cool if the current police reinforcement model could be loosely applied to all gangs, so when you get into fights, they can escalate all on their own (and potentially pull nearby spawns). Again, if police (or any other "lawful" security or armed entity - perhaps rando civilians?) are a gang, then this could work for them too, just as it does now. It would be sweet if a similar mechanic to how you hail one of your owned vehicles was used for gang reinforcement if your fight occurred near a road.

Remember, the police really are just another gang which are sanctioned by the state, IRL. Pour it on in Cyberpunk!

As far as I understand, Police system will be improve in the futur (maybe in next update?).
But knowing that the NCPD was intended (and only intended) to be a "punishment" for doing something wrong, I won't expect any kind of reward for fighting/killing them (a bit like civilians).

As far as I understand, Police system will be improve in the futur (maybe in next update?).
But knowing that the NCPD was intended (and only intended) to be a "punishment" for doing something wrong, I won't expect any kind of reward for fighting/killing them (a bit like civilians).
Ouch l, that hurts.

The police in NC sort of growls on sight and go for it in mere seconds if V doesn't act on it.

What you're saying there is that my V is a wrong. And I am not buying it.

The police is a wrong in NC to be fixed! Did so with hundreds if not thousands of officers by now.

What you're saying there is that my V is a wrong. And I am not buying it.
You play as you wish, nothing "wrong", but the NCPD was/is intended to be more like a "repression" force. And not "something" that you fighting/killing to earn rewards like gangoons (loot/xp).
As far as I understand CDPR announced that they will improve the Police system in the future, but I don't see CDPR make the police system different as it currently is (maybe fun to fight, but not rewarding). So they will probably improve how they react (most consistent), how they spawn,... But not make them really different than it is now.

I am trying to sound funny. The long story short is that the police implementation in CP2077 is a joke, over the entire lifecycle of every encounter with them. A bad joke, I might add.

With a few exceptions. The tortoise and River quests are deep.

well, they already have pretty strong weapons in my experience and I never used the word reward (and actually mention a significant penalty that would likely outweigh or balance out any "reward" but why not offer the opportunity? It's like an opportunity for an opportunity and costs nothing - modders have done it already).

Plus, how it was intended didn't work and hardly makes sense in the hopelessly overwhelmed Night City anyhow (unless they're funded by corpos like private security)... I'm just saying, they keep promising "overhauls" and allude to car chases when none of the algorithms they would need to put that in the game appear to be present, when they could just treat them like a gang with the mechanics they already have in the game and be done with it.

I am trying to sound funny. The long story short is that the police implementation in CP2077 is a joke, over the entire lifecycle of every encounter with them. A bad joke, I might add.
Yeah it is... simple and "bad".
There is a lot of room for improvments. But when I say "improvments", it's more like :
- Make cops no longer spawning from nowhere (cops would arrive in the area in cars, MaxTac guys are dropped from AVs).
- Make them more consistent about how they react. Currently, sometimes they're almost instantly hostile and sometimes totally peaceful... Ins hort, a more coherent reaction to the player to know exactly what you can expect.
- Make them following V in their cars if V is driving.
- And so on...

It's just my opinion, but I don't think the general "philosphy" of cops will change, which is more or less only a "repression" force, nothing more (as it was in TW3 with guards). And above all, not another "gang" to fight for fun or rewards. But we will see that soon enough :)

Top Bottom