Politics in TW3

+
The way I see it, just like in real life, politics end when war starts. TW2 happened just before the war broke out, and that's when politics are at their peak; TW3 happens at a time of war, so from that perspective it is logical that the politics depicted in TW3 are not going to be as complex as they were in TW2.

sry but thats sounds like a lame excuse..

I don't think it's a lame excuse to believe the Nilfgaard situation puts into stark clarity a lot of the priorities of the North. In the end, there's a lot of Better the Devil You Know going on, I imagine with the North as NO ONE likes Redania. Redania is considered a snake-like and manipulative country which Temeria despises but it's STILL preferrable to the Black Ones.

Of course, no one liked Kaedwin either.

"Lame excuse"? Why is it a "lame excuse"?

In short, because:
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed." - Mao Tse Tung.

"War is too important a business to be left to the generals." - George Clemenceau.

"War is the continuation of politics by other means" - Carl von Clausewitz.

To suggest that war signifies the end of politics is an absurd and completely ahistorical idea.

Last edited:
In short, because:
"Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed." - Mao Tse Tung.

"War is too important a business to be left to the generals." - George Clemenceau.

"War is the continuation of politics by other means" - Carl von Clausewitz.

To suggest that war signifies the end of politics is an absurd and completely ahistorical idea.

Yeah, those are really cute quotes and all, but first:
"War is hell." - William Tecumseh Sherman.

And second, they don't reflect reality. Surely there may be a level of political activity during war, but not anything close to the level of political activity right before hostilities break out.

Minor Changes I'd make to the Politics of the Witcher 3

I.e. Stuff which could only be changed by dialogue.

* King Henselt is allied with King Radovid in any ending where he doesn't die and his forces are assisting in fighting Nilfgaard.

* The Order of the Flaming Rose is assisting on the front lines against the Emperor of Nilfgaard and their efforts are a significant military advantage.

* It's clear that the Witch Hunt is reserved solely to Novigrad and the majority of mages are fighting with the North against Radovid.

* Saskia in a "Saskia is free" ending devastated the Nilfgaard forces with dragonfire before being captured by their sorcerers, forcing Verden to surrender.

* King Stennis attempted to negotiate with Nilfgaard but was hung after his group was ambushed.

* The Scoia'tael have been harrying Nilfgaard's forces all the way to the North if Iorveth's path was taken and Saskia is free.

* If Saskia is dead, Iorveth is missing and his sucessor was persuaded to assist Nilfgaard by harrying the North in exchange for citizenship in the elven homeland. They are devastating Temerian partistan resistance.

* You can talk with Zoltan about Saskia if you took the Iorveth ending. He's disgusted by Radovid and Nilfgaard both.

* You can talk to Triss about the Nilfgaard invasion. She's lost any Northern patriotism and hopes Nilfgaard wins.

* Yennefer couldn't care either way about who sits in the Temerian throne.

* You can talk to Dandelion about the Nilfgaard invasion. He hopes Nilfgaard goes to die in a fire.

* You can talk to Ves during Reasons of State and before it, giving her opinions on the conflict.

More Substantial Changes to the Game

* Anais is located in Roche's camp if you took the Roche line. She's on Radovid's ship if you took the Iorveth path.

* There's a headquarters for the Order of the Flaming Rose on Temple Isle. Siegfried is there if you sided with them in the game. Add a Choice for It

* Radovid claims to be fighting for his wife, Queen of Temeria Adda, if you spared Adda. Add a choice for it. This is going over like a ton of bricks.

* Kaedwini soldiers in the Redanian camps complaining about Radovid.

* An option to rescue Saskia from Nilfgaard's camp in Velen where she's about to be unleashed on the Velens with magic if she's alive. Perhaps being forced to kill Cynthia to do it because the games are sadistic.

* An option to speak with Iorveth either in a tavern (if Saskia is dead) or at a Scoa'tael camp if she's alive.

* A nice "Kick the Dog" moment, you find Adda in the dungeon of the Church of Eternal Fire and discover Radovid is going to have her burned and marry Foltest's younger heir to better his claim on Temeria.

* If not killed, Cynthia may employ Geralt in several Pro-Nilfgaard missions. Ostensibly for humanitarian or anti-monster reasons.

* If not killed, Ves can employ Geralt in several Pro-Temeria missions. Ostensibly for humanitarian or anti-monster reasons.

* Fake Ciri as "The Queen of Cintra" is in the Vizima Palace and is aware she'll have to step down if Cirilla is named Empress. The Emperor's political enemies already suspect she's a fake and are very angry about her but Emhyr loves her.

Last edited:
I highly doubt TW3 could be changed enough in any EE version to suit the requests here. The reason is because CDPR made two very fundamental design decisions that can't be changed without creating a whole new game.

1) Open world vs. Linear game

The story must suffer in an open world game. linear games can control the story, plot, pacing etc. All the best story based games were linear while some of the best player developent type games were open world. It is almost impossible to control a deep story driven game in an open world setting. I don't think it's been done yet.

2) The decision to make the game about Geralt and Ciri's relationship using the world as a backdrop vs. a decision about making Geralt impact that world.

The game was written to highlight and focus on the Geral/Ciri relationship. It also wasn't a Geralt alone story but a Geralt/Ciri story. This was a crucial design decision. Those that want more outside world impact will never get it to their satisfaction because the whole design was that Geralt and Ciri are the focus. the world goes on. You may influence this or that but you are just a small cog in the assembly line of world politics.

So tweaks can be made. Better explanations can be made. But in the end it will be probably as deep as the revised endings to ME3. Explanations but no real changes.

So if Radovid win did he conquer all north or just Temeria and Aerdin cuz ending say he took all north including Novigrad but later it say pyres appear in liberated lands Temeria and Aerdin so i am confused, or witch hunt don`t happen in all north lands

So if Radovid win did he conquer all north or just Temeria and Aerdin cuz ending say he took all north including Novigrad but later it say pyres appear in liberated lands Temeria and Aerdin so i am confused, or witch hunt don`t happen in all north lands
I believe he takes the whole North.

Top Bottom