Politics in TW3

+
But if he conquer all north isn`t these lands included too, they are all on north

Radovid will conquer all of the North except, probably Kovir and a couple of others. Probably not Skellige either but definitely most of the lands of the North and will institute his purges throughout.

Thank you, I am glad my articles encouraged you to get TW2.

I understand that, and not only did I accept the fact that TW3 was going to be a more personal story, I thought it SHOULD be. I was one of those who supported the idea that TW3 should have less politics.

But this? There is a difference between less politics, and bad politics.

The portrayal in this game is bad, and it ignores TW2 almost compltely. Anais is not mentioned, Iorveth and Saskia are as if they never existed, the struggle between Nilfgaard and the North, where dozens of factions were involved, is reduced to Nilfgaard vs Redania (because somehow Radovid insanely decided to conquer all the North and succeeded because of supposed "tactical genius" that we never see. Because we al know that being a tactical genius makes insane idiotic strategies work *roll eyes*)

From my stand point, this is just a lazy way out. They could have kept the political struggles complex, and yet not explore them much. Leave it to the background, and I would have been satisfied. Instead, we got this.

I had a 15h straight marathon going to all section of thread stumbled here and give you all credits here have a red point :)
My first playtrough the TW3 was not influenced from the books but from the previous Games and i must admit it is a slap and a insult for the Adult Players who have going trough the torture of all quest and politics intrique/betrayal/lies/assasinations attempt from the Lodge/Kings/barons etc. Radovid rly a Madman/Strategist so playing chees makes you what exactly? Thx for the shares and i see iam not alone with this Weird feelings about the Politics in The Witcher World.

I didn't understand one thing about politics. The agreement that Roche,Ves, Thaler and Dijkstra negotiated with Emhyr was a peace treaty (more or less): Nilfgaard would retain Lyria and Aedirn, Temeria would become a vassal but Kaedwen and Redania would continue as independent countries but in the """"good ending"""" Nilfgaard conquered all the Northern Realms. How is this possible? Any explanation?

I didn't understand one thing about politics. The agreement that Roche,Ves, Thaler and Dijkstra negotiated with Emhyr was a peace treaty (more or less): Nilfgaard would retain Lyria and Aedirn, Temeria would become a vassal but Kaedwen and Redania would continue as independent countries but in the """"good ending"""" Nilfgaard conquered all the Northern Realms. How is this possible? Any explanation?

No, it was not about a peace treaty. This way it wouldn't make any sense - Nilfgaard already has Aedirn, Temeria, and Lyria. Why would they suddenly agree to make Temeria independent? It was about Roche killing Radovid, and thus pretty much giving Nilfgaardians Redania and Kaedwen (as they say in outro, without Radovid's tactical genius, both states fall to Nilfgaardians) in exchange for semi-independence of Temeria. As Dijkstra said, Roche agrees to give Emhyr the entire North in exchange for Temeria's independence, and Redanians won't stand for it.

No, it was not about a peace treaty. This way it wouldn't make any sense - Nilfgaard already has Aedirn, Temeria, and Lyria. Why would they suddenly agree to make Temeria independent? It was about Roche killing Radovid, and thus pretty much giving Nilfgaardians Redania and Kaedwen (as they say in outro, without Radovid's tactical genius, both states fall to Nilfgaardians) in exchange for semi-independence of Temeria. As Dijkstra said, Roche agrees to give Emhyr the entire North in exchange for Temeria's independence, and Redanians won't stand for it.

I remember perfectly when Thaler said that Emhyr will hold Aedirn and Lyria, Temeria will become a vassal state and that the agreement was a truce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7Va6gqmoM

I remember perfectly when Thaler said that Emhyr will hold Aedirn and Lyria, Temeria will become a vassal state and that the agreement was a truce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7Va6gqmoM

Sure, it is correct. They tell it several times, actually, but they are talking about the territories already conquered. The deal is about killing Radovid in exchange for Temerian independence. Realistically, with Radovid's death the rest of the North will be conquered as well, and it is what Dijkstra is talking about.

Sure, it is correct. They tell it several times, actually, but they are talking about the territories already conquered. The deal is about killing Radovid in exchange for Temerian independence. Realistically, with Radovid's death the rest of the North will be conquered as well, and it is what Dijkstra is talking about.

Dikjstra was in the talks for the agreement they were negotiating with Nilfgaard. He is supposed to asume the government of Redania after Radovid's death. So, Nilfgaard shouldn't keep the war with what was left of the North. Maybe the excuse would be that without Dikjstra or Radovid there would no one capable to lead the redanian armies and, for that reason, Emhyr didn't keep his word and finished his massacre

Sam2305;n1990955 said:
Dikjstra was in the talks for the agreement they were negotiating with Nilfgaard. He is supposed to asume the government of Redania after Radovid's death. So, Nilfgaard shouldn't keep the war with what was left of the North. Maybe the excuse would be that without Dikjstra or Radovid there would no one capable to lead the redanian armies and, for that reason, Emhyr didn't keep his word and finished his massacre

However its a big mistery how would Dikjstra even become ruler of Redania with no royal nor noble blood, without being married to royalty nor nobility, without having clear backing from the army(all we see is him having influence with the underground crime gangs, not with the Redanian army), and with Adda the rightfull Queen being alive?

Willowhugger;n1943297 said:
Minor Changes I'd make to the Politics of the Witcher 3

I.e. Stuff which could only be changed by dialogue.

* King Henselt is allied with King Radovid in any ending where he doesn't die and his forces are assisting in fighting Nilfgaard.

* The Order of the Flaming Rose is assisting on the front lines against the Emperor of Nilfgaard and their efforts are a significant military advantage.

* It's clear that the Witch Hunt is reserved solely to Novigrad and the majority of mages are fighting with the North against Radovid.

* Saskia in a "Saskia is free" ending devastated the Nilfgaard forces with dragonfire before being captured by their sorcerers, forcing Verden to surrender.

* King Stennis attempted to negotiate with Nilfgaard but was hung after his group was ambushed.

* The Scoia'tael have been harrying Nilfgaard's forces all the way to the North if Iorveth's path was taken and Saskia is free.

* If Saskia is dead, Iorveth is missing and his sucessor was persuaded to assist Nilfgaard by harrying the North in exchange for citizenship in the elven homeland. They are devastating Temerian partistan resistance.

* You can talk with Zoltan about Saskia if you took the Iorveth ending. He's disgusted by Radovid and Nilfgaard both.

* You can talk to Triss about the Nilfgaard invasion. She's lost any Northern patriotism and hopes Nilfgaard wins.

* Yennefer couldn't care either way about who sits in the Temerian throne.

* You can talk to Dandelion about the Nilfgaard invasion. He hopes Nilfgaard goes to die in a fire.

* You can talk to Ves during Reasons of State and before it, giving her opinions on the conflict.

More Substantial Changes to the Game

* Anais is located in Roche's camp if you took the Roche line. She's on Radovid's ship if you took the Iorveth path.

* There's a headquarters for the Order of the Flaming Rose on Temple Isle. Siegfried is there if you sided with them in the game. Add a Choice for It

* Radovid claims to be fighting for his wife, Queen of Temeria Adda, if you spared Adda. Add a choice for it. This is going over like a ton of bricks.

* Kaedwini soldiers in the Redanian camps complaining about Radovid.

* An option to rescue Saskia from Nilfgaard's camp in Velen where she's about to be unleashed on the Velens with magic if she's alive. Perhaps being forced to kill Cynthia to do it because the games are sadistic.

* An option to speak with Iorveth either in a tavern (if Saskia is dead) or at a Scoa'tael camp if she's alive.

* A nice "Kick the Dog" moment, you find Adda in the dungeon of the Church of Eternal Fire and discover Radovid is going to have her burned and marry Foltest's younger heir to better his claim on Temeria.

* If not killed, Cynthia may employ Geralt in several Pro-Nilfgaard missions. Ostensibly for humanitarian or anti-monster reasons.

* If not killed, Ves can employ Geralt in several Pro-Temeria missions. Ostensibly for humanitarian or anti-monster reasons.

* Fake Ciri as "The Queen of Cintra" is in the Vizima Palace and is aware she'll have to step down if Cirilla is named Empress. The Emperor's political enemies already suspect she's a fake and are very angry about her but Emhyr loves her.

Damm this was really on point! Way superior to what we currently have.

Last edited:
Yeiiow;n8433540 said:
However its a big mistery how would Dikjstra even become ruler of Redania with no royal nor noble blood, without being married to royalty nor nobility, without having clear backing from the army(all we see is him having influence with the underground crime gangs, not with the Redanian army), and with Adda the rightfull Queen being alive?

Both Adda and Anais are ignored in TW3, perhaps it is assumed that they die off-screen before the game, at least that way the story/endings would make sense, but nothing about their fate is actually mentioned.

sv3672;n8449700 said:
Both Adda and Anais are ignored in TW3, perhaps it is assumed that they die off-screen before the game, at least that way the story/endings would make sense, but nothing about their fate is actually mentioned.

The only thing that we can asume from their ignoring is that CDPR didn't want to bother new player with their story lines. Until there is no word from them, we cannot assure anything. For the record, I'm not expecting any statement about all the stories that were ignored

@sv3672

Adda is not dead. She's the Queen of Redania during the events of TW3.

MateuszTomaszkiewicz: "She's the Queen of Redania, however we decided not to introduce her in TW3 and explore her plotline further."

I also asked a while ago about Anais, but he wouldn't comment.

"it would depend on choices from TW2, but since we never established what happens to her I'd rather not speculate."

Seeing as Henselt was also planned to be in the game at point, unless that's just placeholder stuff, it's possible that Anais and/or Adda got cut during production.

TheImpZA;n8461600 said:

Even if she dies in TW1? That would be just as bad. In any case, I did not imply that they are definitely dead, it is just the kind of explanation I would expect in the hypothetical case an enhanced edition was made. Like it was already done with Henselt if he was planned to be alive at some point, in the released version he is dead no matter what.

sv3672;n8461670 said:
Even if she dies in TW1?

If she dies, she died.

I don't understand why they don't put few letters to game world, about Anais, Adda, and few more characters in small patch. It's probably few hours of work to one, two people, but fans stop complaining about them.

TheImpZA;n8461600 said:
@sv3672

MateuszTomaszkiewicz: "She's the Queen of Redania, however we decided not to introduce her in TW3 and explore her plotline further."

I also asked a while ago about Anais, but he wouldn't comment.

"it would depend on choices from TW2, but since we never established what happens to her I'd rather not speculate."

Seeing as Henselt was also planned to be in the game at point, unless that's just placeholder stuff, it's possible that Anais and/or Adda got cut during production.

Those answers proves that, for TW3 they don't even try to do a decent save import: they chose which characters and events were more sellable and put them in the game

shasiu;n8462890 said:
If she dies, she died.

I don't understand why they don't put few letters to game world, about Anais, Adda, and few more characters in small patch. It's probably few hours of work to one, two people, but fans stop complaining about them.

Because they are not thinking on the people who have played the other games. They main target are new players who started the franchise with TW3, what's the point on introducing character they don't even know? (I don't like, is the more probable answer)

Top Bottom