+

POLL: Are you going to keep playing or wait for Enhanced Edition

• Play On As Is

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • Wait for Enhanced Edition/More Patches

Votes: 19 26.0%

• Total voters
POLL: Are you going to keep playing or wait for Enhanced Edition

Right now, I am pretty far into Velen, playing the game on PC. I'm really having a rough time because I LOVE the game but I feel like it will be so much better after the sure-to-come Enhanced Version is released.

Wait for more patches/Enhanced or push through?

Right now, I am pretty far into Velen, playing the game on PC. I'm really having a rough time because I LOVE the game but I feel like it will be so much better after the sure-to-come Enhanced Version is released.

They stated before release that they had no plans for a EE version instead they want to evolve the game/engine over time.

Considering 1) they said they don't plan to release an EE version and 2) I preferred vanilla TW2 before EE "fixed" a lot of things that weren't broken imho - easy choice.

Two year plan of support from a non-skeleton team before they continue work on Cyberpunk.

Dedication 101.

Thought about that today. I'm sure with even little things being able to turn off the visual reminder that a rabbit is a rabbit via text (are console players that...) would make the experience better.. but at the same time i don't want to stop.

These days i enjoy games for for rp than rpg though.. and coming from that have solved all the other issues i had with the out of box experience, loving it.

This poll = FAIL :)

Does anyone have links/source for confirmation on patches/no EE?

It's in one of the interviews, problem is I don't remember which one, and I don't really feel like going through all of them on my phone to find it :p haha Maybe google? or search twitter for one of the devs commenting on it.

After having finished the main story as well as a bunch of side quest, treasure hunts and monster contracts, i doubt i will do a re-play any time soon....

While i loved the game and think it is the best Witcher game so far, there are simply way too many small issues that sadly add up and distract me from the overall experience. So i will be waiting for an Enhanced Edition, a FCR mod or at least a bunch of patches before doing another complete playtrought...

Last edited:

Should add a voting option for " Play it again if EE releases"?

Don't I have waiting enough just for play TW3 that now I would have waiting for a non anounced EE?

I like your sense of humor!

As others have already mentioned there most likely won't be a EE of the Witcher 3. At least that is what we have heard from the developers a few times but lets us see. CDPR is known for supporting their games very well and given TW3 will most likely be their biggest success to date I think it will receive much love for them in the foreseeable future.

When that is said personally I will not be waiting for a EE per-say but for mods to enhanced the game. I am currently on around 100 hours playtime and I haven't even gone to Skellige yet so I think when I am finally done I will put it down for some time and wait for some overhauls mods in certain areas before I do a second play-though.

Having finished the game,i'll wait for the GoTY or EE that will contain the expansions and latest patches,then play it again for the truly omplete experience

They haven't even announced an Enhanced Edition. Why are you assuming they're going to make one? At the very least it won't come out until they're done with theExpansions and DLCs. You might end up waiting a year and then find out they aren't making one, or it might come out and then not t fix the things you want improved.
:huh:

I was planning to wait for a few patches and until I get my new PC, but it turned out my current one (560 Ti) was able to run the game on low-med settings and the game is just so good that I simply couldn't put it down. The graphics are surprisingly good even on low (I thought I was a graphics whore), the only things I had to set to medium are the textures and the foliage visibility range. So I'm now 40-50 hours into, in Skellige and I doubt I'll restart at this point.

Maybe I'll skip a good amount of side quests to keep things fresh for the next playthrough - hopefully on 'Ultra' then. There's plenty left in Velen anyway, I only completed the ones I found particularly interesting.

Also, I'm so glad we're getting the expansions, because I'm 2/3 through the game (guessing) and don't want it to end.

Last edited:
Just for clarifcation i don't agree with the OP that you should stop playing the game or hold on untill the EE,but once you are done with the game, i think it's most wise to replay it after all content has been out and all the improvements of the possible EE have been dished out ;)

I won't play again (I won't even be able to play again, for real life reasons) for some time after I beat the game the first time. I'll wait for a year or two for new content to come out and for fixes to be made, then enjoy the game another time. After that I might replay the game (if I still enjoy playing video games) once every few years or so.

---------- Updated at 03:26 PM ----------

I won't play again (I won't even be able to play again, for real life reasons) for some time after I beat the game the first time. I'll wait for a year or two for new content to come out and for fixes to be made, then enjoy the game another time. After that I might replay the game (if I still enjoy playing video games) once every few years or so, preferably with mods.

i think it needs fixed not coz it aint great as it is but coz you fell like its a shame not to be polished and missing important stuff ,

so i will wait at least one or two weeks so some patches come and fix some quests etc and some other tthings

the biggest annoyances for me in the game is some unfinished stories some immesrsion breakers that can be fixed , npc reaction and a basic crime system and better looting on houses barrels sacks etc coz atm its unrealistic

, to make the game also to have even better economy , and finaly maybe wait for some content restored by mods , and the adult part in this game sucks now.. i think for a such a large world it needs for filling with aditional interest andi feel shame that it dosent

coz it could, maybe i will try wait 1 month or so , i played only up to lvl 10 shame it dont got more thing from gothic series coz if it did it would be game of the decade

This poll = FAIL :)

Does anyone have links/source for confirmation on patches/no EE?

I saw the same interview. They said they would keep making the game better for some time and not release an EE. They did not want to have people waiting when they could and would continuously improve the game for everyone. That said, they could always change their mind, its not like its a bad thing either way.

Top Bottom