+

Poll: Arena Mode in The Wicher 3

• Yes

Votes: 76 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters
Poll: Arena Mode in The Wicher 3

In various interviews CD Projekt has stated that there are no plans for an Arena Mode in the Witcher 3 unless fans show a desire for it. As a Huge fan of the Arena Mode in the Witcher 2, and with how addictive, responsive, and complex the combat appears in the Witcher 3, I think the game should include an Arena Mode either separately as in TW2 or have it incorporated into the open world in some way. And since Ciri is a playable character, You should be able to choose to play as Geralt or Ciri. They could also incorporate the aborted ice skating mechanic talked about in interviews on some of the levels. I'm sure fans would appreciate it.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Should CDPR include an Arena Mode to show off their awesome Combat mechanics or not?

I didn't like the Arena in The Witcher 2. I prefer story over pure combat. If they created an Arena with a stronger narrative, and more character interactions, I might reconsider, though.

Last edited:
I didn't care for the steep difficulty, if you tried to play on anything other than easy. I could play the main game on hard without any problems, but not the Arena. The pacing was not to my taste -- it was just a bit too quick. As the combat looks rather challenging in The Witcher III, I imagine that an Arena similar to the previous one would be very difficult.

Last edited:
Just watched IGN Gameplay with Ciri, She would be awesome in Arena with her special "powers"! And it would be like what Bonhart did to her in the book, making her fight in the Arena....

---------- Updated at 05:59 PM ----------

I didn't care for the steep difficulty, if you tried to play on anything other than easy. I could play the main game on hard without any problems, but not the Arena. The pacing was not to my taste -- it was just a bit too quick. As the combat looks rather challenging in The Witcher III, I imagine that an Arena similar to the previous one would be very difficult.

One of my ideas was to let the player decide who or what he would fight and how many. So you could choose rather than having 5 golums running at you and shaking the screen so bad you get vertigo.....

One of my ideas was to let the player decide who or what he would fight and how many. So you could choose rather than having 5 golums running at you and shaking the screen so bad you get vertigo.....

That's a good idea. In addition, since there is no level-scaling for monsters, that idea might be useful, if the Arena was a main-game location, rather than a separate mode. While I can appreciate people may want a stand-alone Arena Mode, I find the idea of an integrated mini-game area more appealing.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Arena back, doesn't have to be at launch, and - hold on till I get my coat - I'd like to see it have some multiplayer component.

*Taxi !

I would easily pay 15 bucks for an elaborate arena mode tournament within the game that brings in many exotic creatures throughout the world and set up different elements/interactions in the field that can help. It was one of my favorite mini games from Oblivion playing as a gladiator in Imperial City.

You can do all sorts of arcade modes in the arena such as timed events, style points, wave/survival instances, etc. Very Easy to incentivize as well where accomplishing a certain record gives X rare weapon/armor. honestly I see no reason why people are saying no to this possibility

I'd rather have a monster hunting challenge mode type deal xD. Although the Arena would be cool to, as long as it's different from the last one. I hated how as soon a you left, you lost everything and had to start from scratch....every...fraking.....time

maybe they'll have one in toussaint

i can see rich people pitting rich people together (knightly duels!) and probably also monsters as a part of some celebration. if it IS a part of a game world (vanilla or expansion) i wouldnt mind seeing a quest to capture certain monsters (not kill them) for an arena. of cousre, having the opportunity to turn down those quests would show some opinions on animal cruelty. i'm not sure whether geralt would agree to such a thing unless he was incredibly broke.

We're already getting two story based expansions and this is actually tied? Arena was the one place to test out builds in a relatively short time. Without it, much of the skill tree was lost to players. So yes, to another Arena mode.

Last edited:
if it IS a part of a game world (vanilla or expansion) i wouldnt mind seeing a quest to capture certain monsters (not kill them) for an arena.

That... might not end well for some...

Arena Runner: Right, we need monsters for the arena, you up for it Witcher?
Me of Rivia: (Thinking) Right, now which monsters can climb walls...:troll:

well , if anyone has played fable TLC , an arena similar to that would be good.

a replayable minigame like arena where knights joust or swordsmanship tourneys or monster tourneys would be nice.

We're already getting two story based expansions and this is actually tied? Arena was the one place to test out builds in a relatively short time. Without it, much of the skill tree was lost to players. So yes, to another Arena mode.

I was thinking the same thing. With how seemingly complex(?) the skill tree is, it would be nice to practice leveling up outside of consequences from the story....And Agian, Ciri would be bad ass in some arena mode...

I hope they add a co-op mode in Arena if they have time!

I'd probably never play it, but if they are planning a co-op mode in CP77, I really, really think they should do a co-op Arena as a free DLC for TW3 sometime. They might not be ready to do it right now, but I think it would be both a great way of testing it out AND be a good freebie for TW3.

Top Bottom