Poll: Arena Mode in The Wicher 3

+

Poll: Arena Mode in The Wicher 3

• Yes

Votes: 76 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters
Why not turn the arena mode into multiplayer, where players can test their fighting skills against each other.

Because they'd need to set up a complete multiplayer infrastructure to support it? How much would you consider it worth paying?

If they're planning MP of some kind for CP77, then I think it may be OK, and good, to use TW3 Arena as a test bed. :)

Because they'd need to set up a complete multiplayer infrastructure to support it? How much would you consider it worth paying?

If they're planning MP of some kind for CP77, then I think it may be OK, and good, to use TW3 Arena as a test bed. :)
I was thinking the same exact thing. It'd be a great way for CDPR to try out and gain some multiplayer related experience, because it would be a reasonable first project.
I found Witcher 2's arena mode to be very addicting, and I believe it would be more intense and addicting if it was implemented as multiplayer. Playing against other players is more intriguing than playing against AI especially in an arena settings.
I never play Multiplayer myself, but I'd try it out at least to support CDPR.
I think 10-15 dollars would be reasonable, especially if there were different arenas (maps) and challenges (duels, team vs team, everyone killing each other, and so on)
But I fret the public's reaction would be negative, because they'd start accusing CDPR of creating paid DLC that should have come with the game.

I think 10-15 dollars would be reasonable, especially if there were different arenas (maps) and challenges (duels, team vs team, everyone killing each other, and so on)
But I fret the public's reaction would be negative, because they'd start accusing CDPR of creating paid DLC that should have come with the game.

If it's being done in parallel to CP77, I think it should probably be a free DLC, as it's something that would presumably benefit both CDPR and the player. It's only if it's done completely separately to whatever they're planning for CP77 that I think it would be reasonable to expect the players to pay the costs.

Of course, if the players provide their own servers, it would be even better. :)

I'd probably never play it, but if they are planning a co-op mode in CP77, I really, really think they should do a co-op Arena as a free DLC for TW3 sometime. They might not be ready to do it right now, but I think it would be both a great way of testing it out AND be a good freebie for TW3.

Oh man that would be awesome, but it'd take a lot of work to do it right. One person playing as Geralt and another as Triss or Yen. Witcher heaven.

I liked the arena in TW2 but to be honest it was just a side thing you spent a few hours at most....the story and the world is why i play Witcher games.....
But i do think that the arena would be more fun with TW3 systems in place....true randomness of loot can be achieved because of lvl scaling of items....in TW2 you had a pool of prizes after every round but after 2-3 times through the arena you knew what came after each round....

Some people think that a simple 'tacked' on multiplayer is only a small addition and not worth it. But if you look at examples like the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer that was just a simple horde mode with not a lot of characters and reused game maps which became HUGE (like really really popular) and was a massive success that sparked multiple multiplayer only expansions.

Some people REALLY enjoy a multi player experience to share the atmosphere and mechanics of the game with other people in a social way.

Now it is a developer decision and they have stated that they won't add any multiplayer so don't get your hopes up people.

Some people think that a simple 'tacked' on multiplayer is only a small addition and not worth it. But if you look at examples like the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer that was just a simple horde mode with not a lot of characters and reused game maps which became HUGE (like really really popular) and was a massive success that sparked multiple multiplayer only expansions.

Some people REALLY enjoy a multi player experience to share the atmosphere and mechanics of the game with other people in a social way.

Now it is a developer decision and they have stated that they won't add any multiplayer so don't get your hopes up people.

Except that Mass Effect is more a TPS then an RPG.
A multiplayer doesn't fit an RPG at all. Multiplayer modes in RPGs are just stupid, a really waste of resources.
Except the one in Divinity Original Sin. Why? Well, it's simple. You can role with 2 character, so, even if you not play in co-op, you can actually have the same experience.

I rather prefer full focus on single player. A multiplayer...would be nice, but only later the release.

Last edited:

Arena mode was pitched by myself and a few other forumites about a year before TW2 released. We actually started a thread on it. Maybe they already had it planned or just maybe they saw our posts. So I say, let's hound them. 8)

Politely, of course.

Arena mode was pitched by myself and a few other forumites about a year before TW2 released. We actually started a thread on it. Maybe they already had it planned or just maybe they saw our posts. So I say, let's hound them. 8)

Politely, of course.

Wel I would love to see an Arena Co-op multiplayer. It would be awesome to fight monsters along others!

Politely, of course.

Hopefully the add the arena post launch. I really enjoyed in W2 and seeing how it is improved in W3, it would be awesome to have some rounds in an enhanced arena mode.

Hopefully the add the arena post launch. I really enjoyed in W2 and seeing how it is improved in W3, it would be awesome to have some rounds in an enhanced arena mode.

I also enjoyed the Arena in W2 and think it would be an amazing addition to W3(Hence the reason for the poll). CD Projekt really seems like an producer who would add the mode if there was enough call for it(as evidence by the Post from Garrison72)
And the Witcher's unique combat system really lends itself to an Arena Mode. Geralt's quickness, smoothness and animations provide for a more realistic feel as opposed the hack and slash feel of other sword playing games and the signs make it possible to fight overwhelming odds and still be victorious. It would be a great addition If only to see an arena covered in Limbs and Heads and torso's after Geralt or Ciri dispatch a group of Armed Bandits. I think if they wanted to they could add co-op with Geralt and Ciri for a change of pace or just let the player choose between the two as I stated before, They could have a standard arena mode where you fight their pre selected enemies (like W2) and they could have a mode where you choose the enemies, who and how many. It would give players a chance to practice against difficult enemies. As much as I love the story of the Witcher games I sometimes just want to experience the amazing combat system they have constructed outside of the story and side quests.
After watching the new trailer with Ciri f-ing phase blinking around and killing people, how awesome would she be in arena mode? And, as stated previously, ICE Skating Arena battles with Ciri....

Last edited:
Arena Mode for Witcher 3?

Sure it's been posted before, but "repetita iuvant" (latin for "repeating is good"...)

Will we ever have this mode available? Thanks a lot

They could incorporate a little story into the arena as well, something like Geralt becoming a master of the arena, some little intrigue, characters, big final fight... I know I am probably asking for a lot, but I would gladly pay 10 bucks or something just for that.

Top Bottom