Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 3. cyberninja

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 4. other (specify in the post)

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • 5. no final boss

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters
gr8 story needs a gr8 ending with a good dose of significance in it! how do you think - what should be the final boss of cp2077, its "pinnacle of challenge"? i would like to know your thoughts on that.

here are some of my ideas from the poll:

1. Dragoon
most powerful combat armor of the cyberpunk's universe, able to destroy armored vehicles and infantry alike. possessing overwhelming firepower and probably some close combat abilities up its sleeves too, this corporate killing machine would definitely be a worthy opponent for endgame V, dealing great damage with its firepower and making a good final boss candidate.
dragoon.jpg

2. giant mech
nothing gains so much respect from the players like giant mechs that can fire barrages of missiles and cut the buildings in half with one cut of their giant blades! this boss could be equally as dangerous in close combat as in the ranged combat. one of the best examples would be Metal Gear universe mechs.
metal gear ray.gif

3. cyberninja
theme that's also very close to the Metal Gear universe - cyberninja. cyber enhanced, bioengineered or both, cyberninja is a bullet timer that can cut the enemy troops in pieces in the blink of an eye with blade for which the armor is nothing. it's definitely one of the most fearful opponents you could face. duel with bullet dodging boss that can perform bullet time attacks on v could be an ultimate test of player's reflexes and endgame tech enhancements / weapon mastery.
cyberninja duel.gif

Last edited:
I think a great final boss of the game could be Johnny Silverhand. However, you would have to make a series of decisions that would lead to you fighting someone stuck in your mind.

I'm thinking that near the game's climax, once you know how to get rid of the chip in your head, you can choose to let Johnny stay in your subconscious, store him in a computer, or take the chip out and destroy it. If you choose to take the chip out and destroy it, the boss fight between you and Johnny begins. Johnny would try and control you, and you would have to fight back and prevent him from taking control of you. Sort of like a mind control fight to see who can get the upper hand.

I'm pretty sure this might not be in the game, but it would be a pretty cool climax of the game.

I think a great final boss of the game could be Johnny Silverhand. However, you would have to make a series of decisions that would lead to you fighting someone stuck in your mind.

I'm thinking that near the game's climax, once you know how to get rid of the chip in your head, you can choose to let Johnny stay in your subconscious, store him in a computer, or take the chip out and destroy it. If you choose to take the chip out and destroy it, the boss fight between you and Johnny begins. Johnny would try and control you, and you would have to fight back and prevent him from taking control of you. Sort of like a mind control fight to see who can get the upper hand.

I'm pretty sure this might not be in the game, but it would be a pretty cool climax of the game.

No final boss is my vote, or at least, no forced final boss. But if it happens, I actually kinda like the idea of taking on Johnny Silverhand. My V is going to try to ditch him as soon as possible, as I have no interest in him commenting on every little thing I do (Even though I think he'll approve of my playstyle), interrupting romantic or emotional moments with jokes/comments, etc. So if that means he turns antagonist, fine by me.

Really good idea, @Has_Neyn. :) I'd definitely take the chip out and destroy it, or store him on a computer, whichever he prefers, but the final choice will also depend on how he's treated me throughout the game and how much/little he's interfered in my tasks.

I went with other. The ultimate form of the final boss is less important compared to the reasons they're the "boss". Their motivations, why they've come to be in opposition of the player, things of this nature.

I'd echo the sentiment a game doesn't need to have a final boss at all. Nor does it need to force the player into confrontation with a big bad. I believe it was PST where you didn't even have to fight the proverbial big bad. A more recent example would be Greedfall. Although, I can't say I'd recommend that particular game for various reasons.

There should not have to be a final boss. I'm fine if there can be a person or persons you may end up fighting at the end. But I'd prefer at least the option of not having to fight.

style over substance, huh?

Well, I was going for where the focus falls. In a game advertised as a pure action game where the entire purpose was to engage in action I'd expect a big bad waiting for the player at the end of the line. A hard fought battle would go down where the player has to rely on their reflexes, situational awareness and understanding of mechanics to come out on top. Their reason for being there is less important.

In an RPG I expect my bad guys to be there for a reason. Explain why they are the bad guys. Develop their character. Give me a reason to fight them. Give me reasons to avoid fighting them. Cover the finer details of the situation. The why of it. Blindly slapping a big bad in my way with an arsenal of "cool" abilities, intimidation factor and overtly flashy mechanics, and very little in the form of justification or character development just doesn't fit.

If a big bad must be there I want Irenicus (BG2) or TTO (PST) instead of The Warden (Halo 5). Dettlaff instead of Eredin would be another good example. Although, even Eredin had some character development and exploration of his motivations. The execution and overall theme wasn't great but it was there.

I hope CP2077 has many bosses like TW3
I want to see creative bosses and enemies, not just armed people
Example: Exotic boss with animal parts, moves very fast, climbs the walls and uses melee attacks. (Hope to see the exotics in CP2077 :cry:)

I'm in agreeance that a combat oriented final boss "battle" needs to be optional, as the game has a branching narrative that adapts to our narrative choices, and that always has to be taken into account. Ultimately, we just want our choices throughout the game to matter and hopefully CDPR are taking notes from Mass Effect 3, on how not to screw up the ending.

I hope CP2077 has many bosses like TW3
I want to see creative bosses and enemies, not just armed people
Example: Exotic boss with animal parts, moves very fast, climbs the walls and uses melee attacks. (Hope to see the exotics in CP2077 :cry:)
^ this. It's probably going to have many bosses based on quest lines, from gangs to corporations, hopefully it goes beyond that and they're creative bosses as well. Sasquatch from the Animals seemed unique in the sense of brute power but that is all really (still would like to fight her!)

I'm hoping to face Saburo Arasaka and the boss of the Bozos, apparently rumored to be like Pennywise by Mike Pondsmith...

My bets are either a very rich and powerfull guy or a bold secret agent.
A cyberninja would be nice tho.
Edit: Now that I thought, It could also be some sort of A.I. that runs everything...

Last edited:
It would be cool if the 'final boss', or the reason V is in night city, turns out that your parent, your ex or your sibling(regardless of the start) was the one that was at the head of everything that's terrible even for Night City. Or they were even the ones that made the Immortality Chip and have been watching everything. It was just chance that it fell into the hands of the child the left behind(or ex or sibling).

But I'd still love to further the depth of having any of them in the story by being able to character create them.

Final boss doesnt make much sense for story driven game imho. Unless the story leads to kill some big boss. But I doubt thats the case with Cyberpunk 2077.

Instead of killing some boss, I would like to see player could change the world etc. But yeah even those are extremely used in game industry.

At least in RDR2 the main character dies, I think the end was pretty cool, wish it lasted longer, cool music and such, when the music starts, you know this not gonna end well.

Would it be fun if your fashion score had something to do with the ending? Too low score and Night City kick you out.

Last edited:
The final boss is someone who tie the end story . Not just some Big bot to kick and hack'n slash at like in a boring MMO .

It has to bring all the killing , all the chasing , lying..everything back to 'well here we are, shoot first or talk first ?'' .

If it is or end up being Keenus reeve (if thats Silver Hand) , I would guess we get tricked and he get us to get him a body or enter the matrix and he take controle over the whole city and become the Shadow Broker like (Omg I hope not cose that mean I know how it ennnnnnnd :cry: Lol)

The only thing I ask of the ending is ''Make sure you tie all the loose end and don't give me 3 Buttons to Mash a La ME3 style. And don't force on me some crummy You gonna die muahahaha ending cose that cancel the whole Choices that matter '' .

The best Boss is someone I tear his world , his dream , his ambition , his soul out and throw him out in the Sun . Then take over the city.........dun dun dun .

well i could see the final boss beeing a fight for control about our body and freedom against johnny silverhand.

or stoping alt and other ai`s from breaking the wall.

A timed puzzle piece - which is essentially the equivalent of disarming a bomb, except it can involve solving riddles or mathematical formulas.

Instead of one single individual, the last fight can be a fierce brawl against a wave of enemies. Perhaps time is crucial within the fight, as well.

Maybe, players can be given an ultimatum through dialog instead forced to take action. It can draw players closer to the story thanks to the tension of dialog: the risks are much greater in that decisions can be permanent, there are no checkpoints after failure or death, like, losing to a boss.

I think fighting final bosses is so gauche that it kinda feels anticlimactic in a way. But the experience I get from beating Dark Souls and Sekiro bosses awards me with a gratification that just brings the house down. So it's not completely lack luster to include final bosses, but in a an RPG, ya kinda need to insert other options to fit the criterion or else the finale will definitely feel prosaic. :shrug:

Top Bottom