Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 3. cyberninja

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • 4. other (specify in the post)

Votes: 17 24.6%
  • 5. no final boss

Votes: 39 56.5%

• Total voters
For those that are voting for no final boss - what is wrong with you??

Hey, don't kink-shame us :p Seriously though, even though I didn't vote for that option I believe Cyberpunk 2077 would be fine without a traditional final boss battle (and would be fine if it ended up having one as well.) A climatic endgame encounter doesn't have to involve trading lead and/or punches with anyone, regardless of there being a big baddie or not in the ending. Perhaps some hacking and/or "spiderboting" here and there could do the job as well, depending on how the devs would design the final encounter.

There will be some varied bosses through the game anyway. Those could be avoidable combatwise, sure, especially in a non-lethal or mostly-non-lethal playthrough, but with the right perks you could go full Rambo/Terminator on them too :cool:

If the final boss has a connexion with your character's personal story, I mean, why not ! But sure I don't see how there could be one "traditional VG" final boss in a game with a branching storyline. See even Deus Ex didn't have just one final boss depending on your choices. (I picked this game because it's the one I see most resembling to CP77 for now).

I thought the ending of Watch Dogs 2 was handled pretty well. No big bad final boss to kill. Just a very tense stealth session where you have to sneak in through a heavily guarded and awesome-looking area, hack a server, and get out without getting pumped full of lead.

No, Cyberpunk 2077 does not need a final boss. More and more games these days are shipping without one.

I hope there’s a big-ass-robot we have to fight in the end to save the day. Something that’s immune to our attacks otherwise, but once it locks into its own attack animation, it opens it’s ”one big eye” where we need to shoot in order to damage it. See, that’s where the glowing weak spot is at and outside of that the metal monster is made of some sort of future futuristic titanium-granite-alloy-thing that won’t take shit from anyone. See, it’s the one that gives shit to others not the other way around. That’s what a bad mofo it is.

Last edited:
I hope there’s a big-ass-robot we have to fight in the end to save the day. Something that’s immune to our attacks otherwise, but once it locks into its own attack animation, it opens it’s ”one big eye” where we need to shoot in order to damage it. See, that’s where the glowing weak spot is at and outside of that the metal monster is made of some sort of future futuristic titanium-granite-alloy-thing that won’t take shit from anyone. See, it’s the one that gives shit to others not the other way around. That’s what a bad mofo it is.

Great idea, indeed :howdy: Oh, and we would have to destroy a few energy generators that power the boss' indestructible force field ; as a touch of originality the generators should be placed in between red barrels so we can just shoot at them and it makes explosions pkkrrrr! boom! shbbrbrbrrrr
Post automatically merged:

On the contrary: the Boss should have a fake glowing weak spot on his indestructible shield, that would be the reason why V cannot down him easely.:smart:

Woah this is subverting my expectations. If I had a dev company I would hire you right now (y):love:

No final boss. This is cyberpunk. Any victory should be pyrrhic so a boss would be pointless.

I think if Cyberpunk 2077 is to have a boss, he should move slowly, and have large, predictable, and easily-dodged attack patterns. In addition to the fantastic "glowing eye" idea @kofeiiniturpa came up with, of course.

You should have to destroy this eye, or some other weakpoint, three times in a row before the boss is truly "dead," but then he should reform in bigger, more "badass" fashion, so that you can repeat the process but with new attack patterns and a new look. For example, he dies and then turns into an ascended mechanobear with lightning talons and lava fangs. He can also spit acid and fart rainbows.

Of course, this might be too easy for some players. The best way to improve the difficulty is to give the boss more health. At normal, he has, say, 1,000,000 health. At Hard, he has 15,000,000. At Very Hard, he has 60,000,000, and then at Ultra Insanely Hard Holy Sh** I Can't Believe I'm Doing This, he could have 150,000,000 health.

The players damage and health will need to be nerfed too, of course. If it were left the same they might feel overpowered, like they aren't really progressing in the game. Once the boss is finally defeated, once and for all, the credits should roll and the game should end, so the players know they truly accomplished something major.

Yeah, on a serious note, this is one of those false tropes about the genre that bother me. Even Sard is guilty of bringing it up quite frequently.

"Because its Cyberpunk" is a bad reason to punish the player. You MUST let them win every now and then. And that victory should not always come at some massive cost.

You can tell a gritty, dark, and punishing story without resorting to the same storytelling tropes over and over and over again.

I think the Witcher handled it fine from a story perspective. Sometimes your decisions had very little downsides, other times they had massive ones. Sometimes there were only benefits to helping someone.

Variety is the spice of life. I don't care if you're in a Cyberpunk world or not.

I think if Cyberpunk 2077 is to have a boss, he should move slowly, and have large, predictable, and easily-dodged attack patterns. In addition to the fantastic "glowing eye" idea @kofeiiniturpa came up with, of course.

You should have to destroy this eye, or some other weakpoint, three times in a row before the boss is truly "dead," but then he should reform in bigger, more "badass" fashion, so that you can repeat the process but with new attack patterns and a new look. For example, he dies and then turns into an ascended mechanobear with lightning talons and lava fangs. He can also spit acid and fart rainbows.

Of course, this might be too easy for some players. The best way to improve the difficulty is to give the boss more health. At normal, he has, say, 1,000,000 health. At Hard, he has 15,000,000. At Very Hard, he has 60,000,000, and then at Ultra Insanely Hard Holy Sh** I Can't Believe I'm Doing This, he could have 150,000,000 health.

The players damage and health will need to be nerfed too, of course. If it were left the same they might feel overpowered, like they aren't really progressing in the game. Once the boss is finally defeated, once and for all, the credits should roll and the game should end, so the players know they truly accomplished something major.

Yeah, on a serious note, this is one of those false tropes about the genre that bother me. Even Sard is guilty of bringing it up quite frequently.

"Because its Cyberpunk" is a bad reason to punish the player. You MUST let them win every now and then. And that victory should not always come at some massive cost.

You can tell a gritty, dark, and punishing story without resorting to the same storytelling tropes over and over and over again.

I think the Witcher handled it fine from a story perspective. Sometimes your decisions had very little downsides, other times they had massive ones. Sometimes there were only benefits to helping someone.

Variety is the spice of life. I don't care if you're in a Cyberpunk world or not.

Every time I survive a battle I feel like a winner :)

hey-dudes.png

Top Bottom