Poll: Do we want a class system?

+
“Anarchy wears two faces, both creator and destroyer. Thus destroyers topple empires; make a canvas of clean rubble where creators then can build another world. Rubble, once achieved, makes further ruins' means irrelevant.
Away with our explosives, then!
Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world.
But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink their health...
then meet with them no more.”

yup.... hippy...

“Anarchy wears two faces, both creator and destroyer. Thus destroyers topple empires; make a canvas of clean rubble where creators then can build another world. Rubble, once achieved, makes further ruins' means irrelevant.
Away with our explosives, then!
Away with our destroyers! They have no place within our better world.
But let us raise a toast to all our bombers, all our bastards, most unlovely and most unforgivable.
Let's drink their health...
then meet with them no more.”

Sure, as long as you don't tell Sacco and Vanzetti you'll have a great party, but when the bastards come around next week and are turned away, guess who they will bomb next.

By the way I love V, not the movie mind you, but the book.

"In 1977, Massachusetts Governor Michael Dukakis issued a proclamation that Sacco and Vanzetti had been unfairly tried and convicted and that "any disgrace should be forever removed from their names." "

Movie was barely tolerable.

Hmm. I'll check it out. I've always preferred the South Park version as seen on Bowling for Columbine, myself.

Er, also....classes, yay?

ROLES yay. Classes imply level dependent abilities, skill trees, class only items and abilities and a rigid description of how you can play the game. These are not things that I want in a Cyberpunk game. A character's role should give an idea of what they excel at, not limit what they can do or limit what other roles can do. True the solo has their head on a swivel and will react faster than a non-solo given average dice rolls (or whatever) but if they make a mistake, that Techie hiding in the corner with a shotgun will kill them just as easily as they would anyone else.

ROLES yay. Classes imply level dependent abilities, skill trees, class only items and abilities and a rigid description of how you can play the game. These are not things that I want in a Cyberpunk game. A character's role should give an idea of what they excel at, not limit what they can do or limit what other roles can do. True the solo has their head on a swivel and will react faster than a non-solo given average dice rolls (or whatever) but if they make a mistake, that Techie hiding in the corner with a shotgun will kill them just as easily as they would anyone else.
yeah. Roles offer far more versatility, seeing as they basically provide your starting build and a special ability. Beyond that your free to choose your own path.

Top Bottom