(Poll) Do you expect a new expansion this year

+

Do you expect a new expansion this year?

• Yes

Votes: 20 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • It’s possible, but unlikely

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I think it is likely, but not definite

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mythical Sea-creatures;)

Cause it's damn time he finally returns!
url.png

On a serious note I doubt that the expansion Name will start with the letter M three times in a row, the most likely names I've seen people guessing so far are Alzur's Legacy, Way of the Witcher and Way of the Wolf, but I kind of hope that it's something entirely different which no one guessed.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Mythical Sea-creatures;)

Cause it's damn time he finally returns!
View attachment 11067851
On a serious note I doubt that the expansion Name will start with the latter M three times in a row, the most likely names I've seen people guessing so far are Alzur's Legacy, Way of the Witcher and Way of the Wolf, but I kind of hope that it's something entirely different which no one guessed.

Yes, my guesses were very similar, but i discarded 'way of the witcher' since the term most oftenly used in the Witcher Universe to describe that concept is 'Path', not 'Way' (that is the Mandalorian's :ohstopit:)

What about 'Witchers and R____'? (EDIT) cant think of a synonym for mages that starts with R...
Nahhh, too simple, not enough panache...

Witchers and Rebels, Wolves and Rats, but WaR would definitely be the best acronym for the expansion compared to the other ones.

Last edited:
Someone on twitch proposed Alzur's Legacy. With the current journey that sounds about right to me.
I also thought about MS standing for Monster Sabbath - with all the monsters standing by what seems to be a fire.

War of the Witchers

My prediction - new Witcher units divided among the Bear / Wolf / Cat schools and each school being "allied" with two different factions. Similar to the SY / ?? dual faction units from the Novigrad expansion.

AL - Altered lifeforms to carry on the mutagen theme
Way of the Witcher seems a bit too obvious. I like LokiatOr's War of the Witchers and splitting the schools between factions
MS - Magic Sundering is probably a bit too close to close to Warhammer, so Master and Servant?

Even though new cards are always exciting and all I'm kinda dreading how unbalanced the game might end up after last time. It still hasn't recovered.
I'm hoping they won't introduce a ton of new keywords this time around and instead focus on just expanding archetypes that are a bit lacking. Not every expansion needs to turn the game upside down, I hope they've understood this.
I'd hate to have to completely delete all my decks again because the new meta produces twice as many points. I've finally made some I'm happy with.

Even though new cards are always exciting and all I'm kinda dreading how unbalanced the game might end up after last time. It still hasn't recovered.
I'm hoping they won't introduce a ton of new keywords this time around and instead focus on just expanding archetypes that are a bit lacking. Not every expansion needs to turn the game upside down, I hope they've understood this.
I'd hate to have to completely delete all my decks again because the new meta produces twice as many points. I've finally made some I'm happy with.

Actually I do hope for new keywords and game mechanisms but of course it should not be OP.

I guess he's the small meta shift!
View attachment 11067938
I take it Counter: 3 means that it can only be applied 3 times.
This card looks interesting, however if this is all that the countdown is for then it appears to me like they are showing us the middle finger.
You can probably disregard that part, given that Alzur does have the icon of a new expansion ... with 2 swords ... which typically only Witchers (and Azar's mutants) use, so this does look spicy.

Edit: It is Way of the Witcher, so well done to everyone who guessed that.

Last edited:
This card looks interesting, however if this is all that the countdown is for then it appears to me like they are showing us the middle finger.
You can probably disregard that part, given that Alzur does have the icon of a new expansion ... with 2 swords ... which typically only Witchers (and Azar's mutants) use, so this does look spicy.

Edit: It is Way of the Witcher, so well done to everyone who guessed that.

Or the ability will only work after 3 turns.

Correct just tried it in a assimilate deck, having 3 spells available isn't exactly the easiest task but it's fun, but Regis is kind of messing up Oniromancy was hoping for a Kelly but ended up getting the 2 point Regis, Uma gave me Damien :coolstory: and Hanmarvyns BD gave me a Plaque maiden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom