[POLL] Does finishing quests feel rewarding to you?

+

Does finishing quests feel rewarding to you?

• Yes.

Votes: 40 20.3%
  • Yes, but not as much as the quests in TW3

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Yes, but only the main quests, and not as much as in TW3

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Yes, but sometimes they don't.

Votes: 34 17.3%
  • No, but sometimes they do.

Votes: 40 20.3%
  • No, they don't feel rewarding

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • No, I don't even recognize when a quest has been finished.

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Yes, but rather the side quests.

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • I don't play Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • No, but the game rewards you in another way.

Votes: 3 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
For me most most of the quest were a gringfest with simple forgettable fetch/kill quests.
The ones that were really cool came later in the story and were few and far between tho they were really great - like Paralez ques line, Sinnerman, Dalamein.

I didn’t expect something like this from creators of TW3 where side quests were mostly good, many were pure genius from what I’ve seen in games and some like Blood Baron was on par with MQ.

CP77 overall is unfortunately a let down.

Conclusion of most quest is awkward. They just drop. It feels like the game saying "You're done now GTFO". Several of the best and emotionaly involving quest does that. Pyramid Song was such a quest. "We're going steady, now GTFO" or "They Won't Go Where I Go". They just feel unfinished. All have their prologue, act 1 to 3 but no epilogue.
I won't even go into Gigs, that are handled terribly, being sometimes really interesting quests themselves.

I remember TW3 and first area White Orchard - there was a side quest to chase of the ghost from burn down village.
It could be done in straight fashion way, you could also talk with many people and get the full picture about what happens and everything falls into its place. Instead of yet another quest it was a grim story about exploitation, fighting for freedom, homosexuality prejudice.
I was like wow - this game is going to be awesome since they put so much heart into rather small side quest. And the game shown that this was just the beginning.

Here? I had to wait for Delamain and Sinnerman quest for this kind of experience and this was here it. No more “wow” moments.

TW3 and CP77 is sadly day and night experience.

I've been playing witcher 3 for a while now. Not into the DLCs yet and I've gone back to it while I wait for them to fix cyberpunk on my pa4 pro.

Cyberpunk is good, but Witcher 3 is great. There's just a fullness to witcher 3 in terms of content. And importantly its its own thing.

Cyberpunk is so many parts GTA that its hard not to expect many of the things Rockstar has spent 2 decades building on. It's so many parts a story driven RPG that you wonder why there isn't more fullness to the story. It's so many parts a first person action game.....and so on.

Isnt that what we, and they wanted, a game that could do it all?

Maybe that's why people feel dissatisfaction with the whole of it.

To bring it back to the topic, I think for example the scanner hustles and NCPD stuff and even the gigs might have more satisfaction in them if they plugged into a greater quest line or fed into the a gang/street cred system.

And it all had some kind of purpose beyond getting a piece of cyberware.

I don't know if anyone else notices this, but every criminal activity "yellow-exclamation-point" loot has a weapon inside that is trash $15 every time, even into the 200hrs playtime range. I've done every single one of them and they all have this "bug".

There's also a strange doubling of loot, like one to sell and one to use (?) sometimes for weapons with special perks--also seems like a bug, but a generous one xD.

I think they could fix gear scaling a bit--like there's some legendary gear early on with great perks that become almost instantly obsolete--this happens so often!

Actually, I found a tech pistol with 1,665 DPS in Valentino Alley and its by far the best weapon I've received overall (combined with Legendary Ping its stellar). It was from a random NPC ganger on the street freeroaming--I'm trying to make the point that the best reward I got from 200+ hours play was this found tech pistol in some alley.

Also, when you get a weapon and with it some crafting specs, that weapon is say "Rare" then the crafting specs are "Epic" like the Overwatch Sniper--players without crafting tree (which I hope is most players, since Crafting is in a sad state) will never benefit from any of these rewards.

The reward from Bartmoss' cyberdeck was a common Ping, which is one of the most disappointing points in this game--I was really hoping for a unique legendary quickhack, only available from decrypting the deck at level 20 INT....

Finally, from each ending (The Devil, The Star, Temperance), I received the same gift--a gift out of my skills range, and its something I already had xD--which I can't improve since the cap is 50-- so I have 4 legendary Araska Berserks that I can never use nor sell--and these are the rewards for completing the game?

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
Poll is still going. ;)

Out of 100 respondents, 53 voted with no.
Excluding lightly weighted votes: 53 ÷ 96 = 55%
  • No, but sometimes they do.
    Votes: 31
  • No, they don't feel rewarding
    Votes: 19
  • No, I don't even recognize when a quest has been finished.
    Votes: 3

CP2077 Quest Formula:

Step 1.) Go here.
Step 2.) Kill this and that.

I stopped playing CP2077 pretty early because it was so boring but what I remember of the quests, it was very much like the rest of the game which was boring. My main problem with the quests was that I never felt like I was doing anything but hearing 2nd hand stories about something that was happening somewhere. As a player I want to experience the stories 1st hand as much as possible, not have the stories told to me through another character while I shoot an endless amount of enemies. Extremely boring and unfulfilling.

Yes, ii consider the quests in Cyberpunk to be rewarding, satisfying.
Matter of taste of course, but personally i did not find the quests in Witcher 3 to be rewarding or satisfying.
Could not connect with the W3 because it felt completely divorced from reality and aimed at a younger audience, as opposed to Cyberpunk which is much more mature and realistic story/quest wise

Yes.
V is Merc.
Merc does job.
Merc gets paid.
Merc has a happy.

I do wish there was some way to know the payout ahead of time, and/or even negotiate V's fee sometimes.

The reward is just eddies. I mean, they could easily set them to give the player a legendary or unique gear or blueprint that can't be found enywhere else, but noo, instead, they just put it on sales in every stores so we can running around searching for them one by one or abusing the "waiting for 24 hrs" mechanic just to get what we after, or put them all over the map with a random slots upgrade that can be change as much as you want to abuse reloading just to get the maximum slots.

The only reward for doing side quest is that we will experience a different story, which i dont care personally, but anything else is the same, go to that, steal or kill this, here is the eddies.

If they would implement a great and satisfying reward for doing quest then i wouldn't mind if it was a first grade kid writing the story for it.
Lol, i imagine like this: the dialoque is just "gugu gaga watepel yu cay", but the gunfight is intense, the ai is not stupid, and im at risk of being hunt by the max tac for doing it, and the reward is the blueprint of radioactive minigun, then i wouldnt hesitate saying this is one the best game.
But instead, they are too focus on stories instead of gameplay and even the most important thing like performance and simple npc ai, for the sake of telling story about keanu.
Whoooa..! Look! Its keanu! Keanu is talking to me! Woooww...
FFS.

Last edited:
"Are the quests rewarding?"
Interesting question. What should a reward be, before it comes rewarding? I've spend the last 20 (out of 22) hours quest roaming Watson and the Badlands before that so as dar as quests, I look at them more as situational/locational assignments now more than quests because I've had the fixer almost always contact me when I was closing in on an area. And there were some nice rewarding sceneries, like butcherplaces where evidently some vile practices went on. I even ran into a fair share of gang conflicts between Maelstrom and Tyger Claws. And its been a good income for eddies, allowing me to scrap everything I find so I can craft/upgrade my gear. I have never been very interested in 'CP: the search for legendary gear' I just use the setup I like and wear what I like the look of. Looting usually means: " yet more crafting materials" to me and some stories on the shards are quite interesting to read also. So are they rewarding? I supposed most often they are.
But that is me crafting my own experience in my own perception.

I would have to go with no overall but sometimes yes. So partly cloudy? Or partly rainy? The glass half empty version of sorta kinda but not completely sunny out today? I don't even know anymore....

Starting with the Gigs.... Most of them feel the same. I don't know if it's just me or not. If I do a gun for hire quest then I've done every gun for hire quest in the game. The context and lore changes but mechanically they play out like clones of each other. Even if the task changes to, say, rescue a person or steal something they feel grindy and repetitive.

I think the biggest issue is the lack of interaction. Receiving a call followed by an info-dump in a message is not enough. There is no real back and forth anywhere. There is no personal touch. They utterly fail to create any sort of attachment to the quest itself or the NPC's within it. Despite the lore and backstory materials being interesting at times.

Side-quests are respectable. Most are pretty good. The better side-quests are those involving important characters (Judy, Panam, etc.). For the simple reason they do have a personal touch to them. You have background and information provided on these characters since they are central to the game. You converse and interact with them in person, outside of calls and messages. The quests have multiple parts and are often recurring over a period of time.

The main narrative is hit or miss. Certain sections are well executed and enjoyable. I have difficulty maintaining interest in other parts for various reasons. Overall it's passable to good.

My biggest gripe with the quest content across the board is it doesn't afford enough opportunities to alter the course of events. Most of the time you have no ability to nudge anything one way or another. Your course and destination are locked in place. It's almost universally true for gigs. It's true for entire or large stretches of side-quests and the main narrative. There are exceptions but they do not appear to be the norm.

This, to me, is not good "branching" quest design. It's too linear. I consider good "branching" quest design as a quest with multiple destinations and potentially multiple pathways to reach each of them. For gigs I could maybe let this slide. Not for side-quests if there is going to be a side-quest/gig distinction. I certainly cannot let it slide for the main narrative.

Cyberpsychos, fist fights and car racing qualify as quests I suppose.

For those I'd say only the racing stands out because, again, it had a personal touch. You got to interact with Claire, learn about her past, etc. At the end of each race you could ride with her back to the garage in the Beast. It wasn't all done over a phone call or messages (but you got those too... heh). Toss in the multi-part nature of this questline, and the way it parceled the info-dump out over time, giving you a little bit more as you progressed further through each step. To the people who did the car race questline, well done.

The Cyberpsychos are like.... Gigs... In some cases they're a bit less than a Gig and in others arguably a bit more. They suffer from the same shortcomings. It's all too streamlined. Go to this spot, get call, get info, find psycho and smash them. The lore/backstory can be good but the mechanics and overall design of the task sell it short.

I saved fist fight "quests" for last because... reasons. The best way to put it is if they weren't in the game I wouldn't feel like I missed anything.

It may not make any difference to say the following but... here goes. It would have been preferable if development had devoted more time and resources into side-quests. With the Gig and Cyberpsycho distinctions from side-quests scrapped completely. Take that psycho/gig content and flesh it out to the level of a side-quest. Less quantity of stuff to do with more to it. More branching and concrete consequences baked into the content. More interaction and face-to-face time with important NPC's related to a given quest. Perhaps my standards are simply too high....

Usually they do, but I definitely felt that Judy's questline just sorta hits a dead end :/ Like, V and Judy can be in love but then it's just benched as this background thing and you don't really see her until the epilogue.

I feel Judy wouldn't have been all, "Oh you're dying? Okay cool, you go deal with that, I'll just chill over here and wait"

It would've made a ton of sense if she demanded to help out so we could have her in some version of Act 3 but, I dunno, maybe the writers were too exhausted to figure that out? Definitely a lost opportunity.

And my god, for the nomad ending, the final shot should've been V and Judy.
Post automatically merged:

Yes.
V is Merc.
Merc does job.
Merc gets paid.
Merc has a happy.

I do wish there was some way to know the payout ahead of time, and/or even negotiate V's fee sometimes.

This reminds me, I was just doing the Spellbound quest, where you can sort of negotiate at a couple points, but it doesn't make sense because Nix says he'll pay you two-fold... but his reward is never twice of whatever you pay R3n0 :/

Having a poll category compairing this game to another game makes this poll pretty much skrewed to failure since this isnt that game but another game.

Last edited:
This survey is biased.
10 options:
  • 1 option of a dry "yes" (+)
  • 4 options of "yes, but ..." (-)
  • 4 options "no, because..." (-)
  • 1 "I hate the game" option (-)
Well, the game has a ton of quests, somes better than others. All the quest has detail, people are connected (Jotaro is mentioned in other quests; always there is a text explaining who are the people, what they were doing); there are funny quests (The psicologist vendor machine), weird quests (the guy who thinks is a saviour), just a bunch of "normal" quests (kill, steal, sabotage), also walking quests...

I liked Peralez quest, others not as good as this, but that doesn't mean they're bad. I had a good time playing all, I wish there were more!

DC9V

Forum veteran
After spending more time playing Cyberpunk 2077... I've changed my mind.
Finishing quests does feel rewarding. Currently grinding for street credit. :cool:

How about you?

Well yes for the actual story & contents itself. Not so much with the "rewards" after you finished the quests. By these I mean some rewards are still completely missing & unobtainable "normally" in the game because of possible bugs & simple oversight.
For examples so many missing rewards for Final main quests that player simply unable to obtained when player continue to the open world. This are bot weapons & clothing & also misc stuffs like the tarot cards.

Also, I would like to suggest, I really wish we get a special iconic outfits from some of the characters upon finishing related quests. Basically just like Johnny's (supposedly iconic) outfits & stuffs. Here's the thread to the idea of these ICONIC OUTFITS:
IDEAS For Iconic Outfits

My interest is purely about the quest design.
Take a look at this thread.
As you can see a lot of people agree with my point of view about quest design in Cyberpunk and quest design in The Witcher 3.

Compared to Witcher 3 sidequests, Cyberpunk 2077 falls short.
Main reason for this is, that the ppl in Night City don t react to the players actions.
(cut streetcred system there)

That isn't necessarily the quests that are at fault, CP77 has quite some good and rly dark
sidequests, yes even the secondary ones. But, the promised dmged locations after a shootout
getting rebuild... as a sign what you did there is missing and so on.

That is what makes a "clear area quest" in Witcher 3 better (for example) the ones where ppl
move in. It doesn't end there, CP77 misses many such interactions. Hence the reason i claimed
it needs some serious rework to bring some GTA sandbox elements in.

Top Bottom