[POLL] How much are you willing to pay for the first expansion?

+

How much are you willing to pay for the expansion?

• €$ < 10

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • €$ 10 - 20

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • €$ 20 - 30

Votes: 14 10.3%
  • €$ 30 - 40

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • €$ 40 - 50

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • €$ 50 - 60

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Depends on the content, but I'm willing to buy the expansion.

Votes: 50 36.8%
  • Depends on the content, but I'm probably not going to buy the expansion.

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Depends on the content (but I'm not sure yet).

Votes: 17 12.5%
  • Pizza.

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

"[POLL] HOW MUCH ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY FOR THE FIRST EXPANSION?"

€$60.00, the instant it's released.

Whether early access, pre-order, or normal release. Be more than glad to assist in the further development of Cyberpunk. It's already reserved and waiting on the bank with your name on it, ever since I first completed the game, so whenever you're ready.

This poll is too optimistic. There is near-zero chance of me buying the expansion. Or any CDPR products again for that matter.

I reckon expansions should be free if they are not crucial to story or anything but if its to expand the endings (such as star) then I will gladly pay

I reckon expansions should be free if they are not crucial to story or anything but if its to expand the endings (such as star) then I will gladly pay
For a optional and paid expansion ?
Paid expansions won't be crucial for the story, for sure. CDPR have to think about those who only buy and play the "base game" :)
(A little bit like TW3 ones)

The Witcher 3 might be a good barometer for what CP2077 is going to do. The Witcher 3 had three official expansion related content drops.

• Hearts of Stone : $9,99
  • Blood and Wine : $19,99
  • Expansion Pass : $24,99 (basically a 5$ discount).
Kinda gives some insight into the amount of content vs the price. I'd happily pay the same if the amount of content is similar. If it's two big expansions than $19,99 a pop vs a $35,99 expansion pass is a good deal.

It's kinda an "anti-consumer" move and I really don't expect them to do it but I'd rather have one expansion pass and then I just buy that and see whatever Expansions they're gonna drop. With the game's PR state though I consider that move unlikely. Can't ask consumers to make another 'leap of faith".

There is a chance that they might increase the price as opposed to what TW3 did, considering the scope of the game. I don't expect much more than 15$ for the first expansion. $20 at worst. But then they really need to expect people comparing it to BaW.

I'll buy it anyway -- what else am I gonna play? -- but I can understand people staying away if the value proposition isn't right.

I think you need to add the " No way I'm going to pay a single €" option.
Let the tell you a story here, to know how i feel about a pay expansion:

"
Mike it's a good guy! He's really happy all the time and he's a positive person.

He works hard all day, and he finally got enough money to buy he's new car.
He went to this car dealer, who is known for respecting customers and selling beautiful cars.
He met the salesman, who convince him to buy a beautiful Mustang!.
After a few day Mike receive the car, but he see it, he become sick.
The car has no tires, the hood is damaged, and the motor is the one of an old Prius.

So Mike get pissed, and went back to car dealer to protest.
Here he finds the same car dealer who say to him: "It not my fault! You missed the little part of the contact. It's not our fault!.
But hey, the good news is that You can have some tires and a new hood.
You only need to pay more money."

From that day on, Mike whaa never the same anymore.
"

So, at the end of the day:
how could you pay more money when you didn't even received the product you pay for?
how can you pay more money to someone that tricked you, and then blame on you?

That's all. Thanks for the attention.
:coolstory:

So Mike get pissed, and went back to car dealer to protest.
Here he finds the same car dealer who say to him: "It not my fault! You missed the little part of the contact. It's not our fault!.
But hey, the good news is that You can have some tires and a new hood.
You only need to pay more money
Oh you forgot one thing in the story, I think :)
"If you want, you can have a refound right now. And obviously, if you haven't already drive 1K miles"

One thing that I can trust on CDPR to deliver is good writing and that's what the expansions are all about. It's the story. Main game, despite being more linear than expected, had an amazing story. Felt the same about Witcher games as well. So, I personally don't see a problem paying for it.

Another interesting point is the length of the expansions' main quest. In W3 it was approximately 50 hours base game (70€), 10 hours HoS (10€), 20 hours BaW ((20€).
For cp77 the main quest lasts 20 hours, so the expansions? 3 and 7 hours respectively?
Or are still too long for people to finish them? :p

Depends on the content, but I'm probably not going to buy the expansion.
A: I'm not going to buy it until the base game is fixed properly on XB1, and it's worth the AAA price tag. Given the rate of "fixes" that don't seem to really fix anything though, I don't see me buying it.
B: Even if it is fixed, the first expansion needs to either be free or very cheap.

Didn't vote in a poll as I noticed it at some point that I just come to play expansions. I really liked the Outer Worlds but I didn't get expansion for it. Cyberpunk 2077 is curious case where I actually might be interested about expansion and may even get it.

I'll pay between 10-20 probably, the same or similar to Witcher 3 expansions. Maybe more because I got the game for free (legally, I won a twitter raffle yay!).

It depends on the story though. I don't see myself playing anything that does not involve playing as V. Maybe a new character, yes. But not interested in playing as Silverhand, Jackie or Rogue.

About non-story expansions... depends on what. More gigs, more interaction, hell yeah. Multiplayer or police fighting does not interest me.

Nothing. Will not buy anything from CDPR anymore. Do not trust them anymore. They got on the list of gaming companies I dont buy games from like EA, Ubisoft, Activision.

Definitely planning buy an expansion (story). But like it was with the game, I will wait for release (so no preordering), unless there will be really good reason for do so (seems unlikely atm eventhough I like improvements done by patches so far ... there was put huge work into game, eventhough it may be not easy recognised by on first look). I need also to say that all these hundreds hours of fun which I had in CP have paid base game well enough.

Top Bottom