POLL: Journey Stories? Yea or Nay?

+

Do you enjoy the weekly Journey stories?

• Total voters
The journey stories are great. So I was actually wondering if we can still access all the past journey stories in-game.

I've purchased three journey passes and it kinda feels sad that there's nowhere to track the finished ones. Yes, the rewards are there, but when the amount of journey and rewards increase in the future, I think it's good to have a section with all the journey organized. Coz unlike the other games, I regard the journey pass in Gwent not only as an addon but also as a book. Probably because I'm a crazy collector. I feel it would be good to see at least the past journey stories.

For people who didn't buy or the future new players who missed the journey, they should have the access to the journey story as well once the journey is finished. Second chance purchase can also be provided to these people?

Just some premature suggestions, may not align with your future plan tho, but I do think there are some others who share the same thoughts with me :) Thank you for taking the time to read this.

All the best!

For people who didn't buy or the future new players who missed the journey, they should have the access to the journey story as well once the journey is finished.
They do. Both Journey #1 and #2 stories are posted on playgwent.com (and this forum, in the News section). No doubt future ones will be as well.

Been a couple weeks since I asked, so let's have another go: How are people enjoying the latest story entries for this Journey? Any thoughts on the contents or style?

Personally, I'm enjoying this tale.

This (the latest journey story) is probably the one I enjoy the most when it comes to it's style, mostly because compared to the previous ones this just feels as a novel, plain and straight. The narrative is good, it brings back memories from Blood of Elves' intro chapter.
As for content, we shall see - I guess it can serve as a nice lore support for this era, as we have only scraps of information about the time when witchers were created. Alzur as a character does not pick my interest too much - they might flesh out his character to something intruguing, but a short novel like this might not be sufficient for that. Time will tell.

They stories are a great thing for the lore hungry. Hopefully we can have every named Witcher revealed to have some significance to the overall story.

Hopefully we can have every named Witcher revealed to have some significance to the overall story.
That's rather an interesting idea, although, unfortunately, I don't think there are quite enough entries left in the current Journey's story to accommodate them all. Perhaps some of them may have story nodes in the Way of the Witcher's Reward Book? We shall see.

Jason Slama, as director, no doubt, reviews the Journey texts, but I rather fancy he doesn't write them all by himself. After all, he's quite a busy chap. (Although, he did much of the writing for the Walter Veritas journal entries, during the Syndicate faction's release.)
Guess it doesn't hurt to post that here, especially considering that Riven-Twain got mentioned in that post.
IMG_20201216_141309.jpg

Guess it doesn't hurt to post that here, especially considering that Riven-Twain got mentioned in that post.
Good eye! I was wondering if anyone would spot that.

I've helped, here and there, with a few suggestions, some general feedback, and vocabulary. However, Slama, Kucenty, and Sutton deserve highest praise for all their work. I'm merely a consultant.

I read the Alzur story yesterday, and it was excellent. Shame it wasn't longer, even; I was really immersed -- and that's why I didn't read it weekly.

I literally burst out laughing when I read the the obvious "arrow in the knee" reference, and it -still- makes me laugh when I remember it. :D

11/10 for this third story.

Wait.. so this is over?? Witcher dude rides into the carnage and that's where it ends?! NO!!!
We never found out wtf was Alzur even playing around with a Viy! What happened to Madoc, and how Alzur felt when he bumbled so hard.
"Rules are for those who would otherwise incinerate themselves!" - Aaaaaaaaaand also for those who would kill themselves and half a city by summoning a monster they can't control. :]

I personally like to keep my hobbies separate. If I sit down to play a game, I don't care to read so much. And if I sit down to read a book, I just want to read my book... And yes I always opt for physical paper books whenever possible :). Sounds interesting though, for people who are really invested in the witcher lore... Just not something that appeals to me.

I read the Alzur story yesterday, and it was excellent.
Glad you enjoyed it! It has some rather good points, I'd say.
I literally burst out laughing when I read the the obvious "arrow in the knee" reference, and it -still- makes me laugh when I remember it.
Heh. Fun fact: Originally, the soldier was shot in the stomach. I think Slama favoured the knee, thus the change.
Wait.. so this is over?? Witcher dude rides into the carnage and that's where it ends?! NO!!!
Ah, so many questions, so few answers. . . .

I read the first two stories as well now -- but I never finished the Ciri one because, quite frankly, it was just plain boring. I also don't like Ciri, so that was a contributing factor.
I'm pretty sure I've literally never abandoned a book no matter how boring it may have been, despite having read countless. Make of that what you will.

The Geralt and Dandelion one was great (only negative for me was a lot of profanity from drunk characters), but nowhere near as good as the Alzur one.

from what i've read they're well written and neat. so i guess yay? though i am a bit apathetic to it. being hidden away in a folder somewhere i dont feel like they're worth visitng. it would have been better to contextualize it in the game somehow, or sensationalize it, like the story events during the closed beta.

I never finished the Ciri one because, quite frankly, it was just plain boring.
I also felt that one dragged a bit. The monologue format was, however, certainly different.
i am a bit apathetic to it. being hidden away in a folder somewhere i dont feel like they're worth visitng. it would have been better to contextualize it in the game somehow, or sensationalize it, like the story events during the closed beta.
I see your point. Personally, I welcome the idea of making them more prominent in the game itself.

I have enjoyed the journey stories, in particular the Alzur one, which was brilliant. I agree with @Draconifors above that I don't really like the weekly format - I have forgotten most of the story by the time the next one comes out. So for the Alzur one I just saved it until it was all ready, and then read the whole thing in one go, which I'm sure is partly why I enjoyed it so much. I'm sad that there won't be a story for this journey, I'll certainly look forward to its return.

Why there is no story for Yennefer journey?
As I understand the situation, the developers wanted to try something different. The current Journey is meant to depict scenes of important episodes from Yennefer's life, as descried by the sorceress Nimue.

Speaking as someone who was involved with the previous story for Alzur's Journey, I can attest to how much time and effort it took to prepare and polish each entry, on a fast-paced schedule, with frequently changeable deadlines. It may surprise some readers to learn that quite a lot of work, drafting, and co-ordination, was required to produce that story. Personally, I hope we can return to the textual narratives, eventually.

Hi, can someone tell me why i cant read new journey story, i have page 1 2 3 and 4 says next part of story coming next week but its all blank page no text... Its mby my phone have low resolution?

Top Bottom