POLL: Journey Stories? Yea or Nay?

+

Do you enjoy the weekly Journey stories?

• Total voters
Hi, can someone tell me why i cant read new journey story, i have page 1 2 3 and 4 says next part of story coming next week but its all blank page no text... Its mby my phone have low resolution?
You should see this image:
Legend of Yen by Nimue.jpg

The other scenes have not yet been added, due to an internal delay.

Hi guys is this where i report a bug? For my journey story apparently it's been 3 weeks but the image doesn't change when i scroll to week 2 and week 3. It's still Yen as a baby.

It seems to me that CDPR is now just phoning it in. How many weeks is that that the supposed writers for these Journeys will have a holiday for?

It seems to me that CDPR is now just phoning it in. How many weeks is that that the supposed writers for these Journeys will have a holiday for?

I don't think that's really fair, much as I love them, I consider the journey stories as "extra" stuff, on top of all the fun lore in the reward book, and the game as a whole. I'm sure the Gwent team have a whole load of stuff to do, and it makes sense for them to prioritise other things if they're overstretched. We didn't have Journeys at all until quite recently, really. And don't forget, they will likely also be working on great stuff that we can't see yet, like reward book entries, fun text for the bottom of cards, and who knows what else, for the next expansion.

I get your disappointment, I'm right there with you, but let's be fair to the writers and artists, they do a great job and it's not reasonable or fair for us to presume that they are just spending their days at the moment just twiddling their thumbs not bothering to do any work!

I just discovered that Team Aretuza are writing their own story for the Yennefer journey! https://teamaretuza.com/homepage/article/yennefer-s-journey-story-chapter-1-v76n

Last edited:
I don't think that's really fair, much as I love them, I consider the journey stories as "extra" stuff, on top of all the fun lore in the reward book, and the game as a whole.
Ay, basically, we could consider the Journeys as 'labours of love', for those of us who enjoy stories and lore; since, even though writing them took rather a bit of time and energy, they are free to all players. (However, it was jolly fun to contribute to the third one, at least for me.)

let's be fair to the writers, they do a great job and it's not reasonable or fair for us to presume that they are just spending their days at the moment just twiddling their thumbs not bothering to do any work!
Thank you!

I don't think that's really fair...I get your disappointment, I'm right there with you, but let's be fair to the writers and artists, they do a great job and it's not reasonable or fair for us to presume that they are just spending their days at the moment just twiddling their thumbs not bothering to do any work!

I just discovered that Team Aretuza are writing their own story for the Yennefer journey! https://teamaretuza.com/homepage/article/yennefer-s-journey-story-chapter-1-v76n

I should clarify something and would appreciate input from other players: up until chapter 4 of Yennerfer's Journey, the first three chapters was just the same picture. I mean, the same picture, three weeks in a row. When I logged in a couple of days ago to play the game for my now usual weekly basis to complete the Journey challenges, I noticed that now the picture for each chapter is different.

I was assuming that every chapter would be same picture for how ever many weeks this Journey runs for.

Did no one else have that experience too? It would be weird if I was the only person getting that!

...or did the PTB read my post here and pull their finger out, retrofitting new pictures and deciding to at least make a new picture every week of the Journey?

Did no one else have that experience too?
Yes, this was the situation for everyone. The release of the weekly scenes was delayed. The correct images have now been added in their proper places, and, I assume, will continue to be added regularly.

Guest 4557442

Stories are good, but a single Journey (story, etc.) probably takes too much time (3 months?)...

Yes, this was the situation for everyone. The release of the weekly scenes was delayed. The correct images have now been added in their proper places, and, I assume, will continue to be added regularly.

Do you have any inside information on that? Did it take a few weeks for the devs to notice that it was the same picture being repeated every week or was this somehow an issue that took many weeks to fix? It would be an odd state of affairs in either case.

Do you have any inside information on that? Did it take a few weeks for the devs to notice that it was the same picture being repeated every week or was this somehow an issue that took many weeks to fix? It would be an odd state of affairs in either case.

Not inside info, but I read that they had trouble with any updates after the CDPR hack, presumably as they were re-securing their infrastructure and dealing with more important stuff, like employee safety.

Do you have any inside information on that?
I can't speak for the team, however, to the best of my understanding, it was basically the situation suggested by @mortoise . More urgent concerns must have had to take priority.

Now, however, things appear to be back on track, and I hope we will continue to see new and engaging entries for the Journeys!

I can't speak for the team, however, to the best of my understanding, it was basically the situation suggested by @mortoise . More urgent concerns must have had to take priority.

Now, however, things appear to be back on track, and I hope we will continue to see new and engaging entries for the Journeys!
Fair enough. Like I said, the alternatives that I thought might be in play were rather poor excuses.

Do you know when Support responses will be more timely? I'm assuming that they're slow due to Cyberpunk issues.

Out of curiosity, why is 4armed an ex-mod now? I noticed that text by their name today.

I love to read paper books (and not just those by Andrzej Sapkowski), but for some reason I don't like to read long texts on screen. Mainly because of that I still haven't finished even the first story yet, though I have the tab open in my browser for eternity. Shame on me.

Nevermind I also love comics and I would really love to see a comics form of storytelling in Journeys some day. And I don't mean like those pictures in Jenefer's Journey nowadays, I mean like serious comics. I can imagine it would mean so much more work, time and effort (may be I even can't imagine after all ;) ), so I don't hope for it, but it would be splendid. I could though imagine it as a "pay for" bonus model - like free stadard Journey / pay "X" bugs for extanded Journey / pay "Y" bugs for the comics / eventually pay (let's say) 75% "X+Y" bugs for all. The comics would be posted in 12 parts week after week and after the end of the Journey (if you bought it), it would be distributed to you in PDF or some e-book format. Like if the price was reasonable for the work (like comparable to common market prices of comics) I'd be definitely a customer.

I came back after one year and jumped right in buying the season pass for Journey Story - Triss.
While I feel I am getting a good pay/reward ratio compared to other games for 10 $ and more free stuff than usual if you don't pay,
I opened the so called STORY section too just keep clicking for 5 minutes trying to figure out how to open the actual STORY.
Am I missing something here? Is this actually it? Last time I played they had neat texts written and stuff.
Now it's a single sketch picture without even a caption or a line of text? This you - an RPG studio calls a STORY?
I may not have expected more from some indie studio or something, but you are CD-project Red and this is the Witcher Franchise, and so yes, I expected a lot more than just a silly picture which isn't even a HQ picture or anything...
I'm disappointed by this.

I came back after one year and jumped right in buying the season pass for Journey Story - Triss.
While I feel I am getting a good pay/reward ratio compared to other games for 10 $ and more free stuff than usual if you don't pay,
I opened the so called STORY section too just keep clicking for 5 minutes trying to figure out how to open the actual STORY.
Am I missing something here? Is this actually it? Last time I played they had neat texts written and stuff.
Now it's a single sketch picture without even a caption or a line of text? This you - an RPG studio calls a STORY?
I may not have expected more from some indie studio or something, but you are CD-project Red and this is the Witcher Franchise, and so yes, I expected a lot more than just a silly picture which isn't even a HQ picture or anything...
I'm disappointed by this.
Well someone once said that a picture is worth a thousand words so blame that guy. Or just imagine you're reading a thousand words there. xD lol
Considering that the last story ended with a cliffhanger I am not missing the stories too much... Sure they were a pretty nice and cool bonus, but not something I was amazed by.

While I have fun playing the game I don't like reading long text. Well, I just started the game to play a game did't I? When I have no fun in playing the game I am very happy to find the storys in the forum and read them here.

Ay, the change did seem rather abrupt, shifting directly from texts to images, so your surprise is quite understandable. I appreciate that these new scenes aren't to everyone's taste, especially given the previous narratives; however, I also recognise that others disliked those long walls of text. Personally, I would hope the REDs could find a compromise: Ideally, a balanced combination of visual and textual story-telling -- short graphic novels, perhaps? I think that might be an idea with potential.

Top Bottom