POLL: Journey Stories? Yea or Nay?

+

Do you enjoy the weekly Journey stories?

• Total voters
My favorite story was the one with Dandelion and Geralt. :)
I really liked that one and I think it was cool how Geralt and Dandelion presented very different explanations of the same events haha. Geralt with his cold realism and Dandelion with his overly romantic, exciting and ofc narcissistic presentations.

I voted for could be better. Could be better because the two approaches that were done to journey stories are both inconsistent.

I did not like the first approach with presenting a wall of text as a story. Made it difficult to go through it. The second approach with images, while slightly better than the wall of text, it still is lackluster as there is no backstory to it. Thus it leaves the image to be interpreted in many different ways by everyone. Some background description, a small text, 1, maybe 2 short paragraphs giving a few details about what the image tries to represent would have been much better.

In conclusion, neither of the two approaches are any good on their own. Too much text (and only text), makes the story tedious. On the other hand a single image with a mere disclaimer is like a cake without a flavor. A bit of both combined would have been ideal.

A wall of text? The story entries weren't long, and the full story versions are divided into paragraphs like any properly formatted text.

Reading the text stories is just like reading a book. The image stories are disjointed and just not worth looking at, to me. High-quality art cannot compensate for everything else.

Having images in the text stories would have broken the flow so I'm glad there weren't any. My imagination is all the illustration I need.

I really hope they either go back to the text-only format or try something new that isn't just pictures. Preferably the former. For now, Alzur's story is, by FAR, my favourite, and one of only two I've liked.

A wall of text? The story entries weren't long, and the full story versions are divided into paragraphs like any properly formatted text.

Reading the text stories is just like reading a book. The image stories are disjointed and just not worth looking at, to me. High-quality art cannot compensate for everything else.

Having images in the text stories would have broken the flow so I'm glad there weren't any. My imagination is all the illustration I need.

I really hope they either go back to the text-only format or try something new that isn't just pictures. Preferably the former. For now, Alzur's story is, by FAR, my favourite, and one of only two I've liked.
That is how it appeared to me. I skipped the Geralt and Ciri's journey story all together because of the way the story was told and the wall of text format. Well that may be the problem, that it tries too hard to be like reading a book.

The image stories alone are disjointed indeed. That is why I suggested combining images with a bit of background story, 1-2 short paragraphs long as a short description of what the image tries to portray.

Rather than going back to the text format, it is better to keep the images. An image makes more sense than a thousand words at the end of the day. Ideally, in my opinion, is to combine the image with a short description. If they go back to the wall of text, I won't spend much time reading the story. At least with the images I can take a glance, make my own impression and be done with it.

I don't know why, but a long column of text on my screen always acts on me in somewhat discouraging way. While I have no problem reading much longer stories on paper and I read paper books regularly and even some textbooks with hundreds of pages do not scare me, I am completely unable to read a longer text on screen in one go. May be it's weird, but that's how it is. And may be I'm not the only one ...

I don't know why, but a long column of text on my screen always acts on me in somewhat discouraging way. While I have no problem reading much longer stories on paper and I read paper books regularly and even some textbooks with hundreds of pages do not scare me, I am completely unable to read a longer text on screen in one go. May be it's weird, but that's how it is. And may be I'm not the only one ...
Agreed. I'm quite fond of reading, but if the text is displayed into a game screen, I expect due treatment done to it. The current journey drawings (which I'm quite fond of) have their background cattered to what it's supposed to portray: some hazy scribbling done in yellowish paper background. If the stories were presented in a likewise manner, like a tome in whiich you could actually turn the pages instead of scrolling all the way down, I would've certainly read all of it.

I played Gwent when it first came out, back when there were still 3 rows. I left for a while and then came back, to find I had missed out on 4 Journeys - Geralt, Yen, Triss, Aretuzas. I'd love to be able to do those quests and Journeys. Is there any way the devs could make available, for purchase perhaps, past Journeys that some may have missed?

I played Gwent when it first came out, back when there were still 3 rows. I left for a while and then came back, to find I had missed out on 4 Journeys - Geralt, Yen, Triss, Aretuzas. I'd love to be able to do those quests and Journeys. Is there any way the devs could make available, for purchase perhaps, past Journeys that some may have missed?
All past journeys will return, starting in May with Geralt's and Ciri's. You can read more about it here: https://www.playgwent.com/en/news/40171/2022-roadmap-announcement

The last journey about Jaskier and Dijkstra, all of that story basically occurred in Oxenfurt city, but this journey's promotional art showed them both being on boat next to Novigrad, I would say that is misleading and confusing, anyone can maybe elaborate on this!?.

Top Bottom