[Poll] NEVER surrender, at least you will lose.

+

Would you have surrendered after realizing you had lost those 1-2 turns?

• Total voters
Hi there!

I want to share two little facts I had today:

1) I went in a match doing other stuff at home (and without looking at the screen) and when I turned to the screen I've found myself at turn 2 with one trashed card and with 2 seconds left to play (I played a Vicovaro Novice - 4 power, without using the effect because there was no time left). So, we can say one card and a half trashed in total.

Well, I was very lucky because the opponent had a deck apparently without good synergies, and I won the match with 2 cards of advantage.

2) Last round, I have 32, the opponent 30.

Me: without cards, pass.
Opponent: They play their last card, Alzur's Thunder, on... My Ciri: Nova with shield.
Me: ...
Opponent: ...

Did I have lot of luck?
YES, definetly, but it let me continue my win streak and climb the ranking.

Never surrender, you never know ;)

i surrender whenever i don't wanna play a match anymore, simple as that. Like when having arnjolf or hunger as an opponent and the 1st turn, there is just no point in torturing myself, its boring, frustrating and awful :shrug:

i surrender whenever i don't wanna play a match anymore, simple as that. Like when having arnjolf or hunger as an opponent and the 1st turn, there is just no point in torturing myself, its boring, frustrating and awful :shrug:

Same, I see any of the meta decks that are being abused and I'm out instantly. Don't care for it.

Surrendering to ST? You mean, you don't want a free win? Which decks you play? What would you do against Overwhelming Hunger or Patricidal Fury?
He probably means a low unit list, like Nature's Gift, as those decks are currently top tier. A lot of people don't like playing against decks with low unit counts, especially if they are using a control deck themselves, like Nilfgaard. I doubt he surrenders against Traps, Movement, Harmony, Dwarves, or even Elves.

Regarding the thread in general, I'm still tempted to forfeit right off the bat whenever I'm using a fun deck in Casual and my opponent is clearly using a meta deck, but I almost never do. And to be honest, I have a rather good chance of winning as long as I'm playing offmeta with Monsters, Skellige, or Northern Realms; victory only feels impossible when I'm using an offmeta Nilfgaard, Scoia'tael, or Syndicate deck.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
I often play complete junk decks in casual, either to experiment with different cards, to use fun cards, to try deck concepts I lack the cards to finish, to complete quests, or simply to help others complete “win x games” types of quests. It amazes me how many people forfeit just a few cards in after some setback, when my deck couldn’t possibly beat theirs anyway. When I play a twenty nine or thirty card deck, it should be obvious I am neither netdecking nor looking to win.

Top Bottom