Poll: Takemura and a certain choice [Spoilers]

+

Did you save Takemura without reading any hints or spoilers outside the game?

• Yes, I had a good relationship with him and I was concerned about him.

• Yes, I fell down away from him and wanted to get back up to him for game reasons.

• I was too confused and just ran away for dear life...

• No I expected he was capable of taking care of himself and we would meet up later.

• No I was just worried about getting out alive.

• WHAT? I could have saved him? Dam this game is confusing sometimes.

• Screw him I could care less.

• Found him by luck/exploring but not on purpose.

Results are only viewable after voting.
A lot of confusion on this part of the game. Should there have been a quest marker for this? Or was this a GOOD uses of a hidden objective? Sorry about the line that says " Screw him I could care less." It should have been I couldN'T care less but after you make a poll you cannot edit it. I understand why, but dam I suck.

Last edited:
Thread title was too spoilery; edited it and added spoiler warning. You can edit it further, just please don't put a spoiler in it.

First playthrough I had no idea I was supposed to help Takemura. That second answer was my situation, running/fighting for dear life, there was a lot going on. This current playthrough I'll search for him. I'm not sure about a marker, though. It was an amusing surprise, and additional motivation to play again when I found out. I also could relate to "No I expected he was capable of taking care of himself and we would meet up later". I thought we were going to meet up later which was another reason I didn't look for him. I figured it was that or that I couldn't save him since he wasn't with me.

First playthrough I had no idea I was supposed to help Takemura.
The same :)
Jhonny told me to go out and i do it. I was very desappointed when Anako said me "He's dead" :(
The second, i save him and i'm also very desappointed when i see the end credit message from him (but sorry, i can't help Araska) :D

1st playthrough, indeed having no clue about possibilities during this quest, i saved him only in part due to good relations with him (after all, he's just a muscle, and being one, he's far not the worst human being doing such a job - especially in compare to Adam Smasher).

The main reason, however, is absent in the poll: i was willing to see what happened to Hanako. After dropping down, i immediatelly looked up curious "can i get back up, what happened there?", climbed up, and there he was.

By the way, what really puzzles me - is how it happened that Arasaka goons did not flatline Takemura right away, BUT then kept trying to do it. If it'd be Hanako who ordered them to back off - then attackers would not keep trying to off Takemura. So she did not. And given how attackers captured Hanako - how in hell they failed to flatline Takemura, who was right next to Hanako at the time?

I mean, imagine you're squad commander. You were able to free the "hostage" (Hanako). Wouldn't you have your team to shoot or at least capture the "hostage taker"? Something like this:

So yeah. Puzzles me to no end... %)

Last edited:
It's a story, don't be too tough :)
(but if i remember, they are not realy here to save hanako. She said after "they are here to kill me").

It's a story, don't be too tough :)
(but if i remember, they are not realy here to save hanako. She said after "they are here to kill me").
She has lots of fears, as V explains to Johnny after talking with the Hanako's doll (messenger). Fear blinds. If attackers would want to kill her, they would - instead of taking her away. We see Arasaka does not shy about killing "competition", even high-ranked, even when victims are doing some conference under plenty mass media cameras - we see that during corpo prologue. Certainly it'd be no problem to off Hanako in some middle-of-nowhere place.

Means, Yorinobu wanted Hanako alive. And in his place, i would, too. Who wouldn't? If Hanako anyhow dies soon after Saburo did, that's way too much suspicion vs Yorinobu. Lots of folks would see Saburo + Hanako deaths as Yorinobu mercilessly taking out his own family to cease complete power in Arasaka (don't forget, Hanako is the leader of one of three major factions of Arasaka).

This, Yorinobu can not allow. He aims to control Hanako, not to kill her. Their talk during the parade, which V witnesses, is excellent indication of it.

Last edited:
During the first playthrough I unlocked most of the special Takemura conversation and I really liked him, so I ignored Johnny and went back to search for Goro without reading any spoilers about the quest. It was also quite funny how my V fell on the ground and Takemura didn't help but just said that we must split and ran away, such a gentleman :giveup: Anyway, I liked the hidden objective.

First playthrough had no idea, I only found out later when I went online after finishing to look for secrets and missed content.

After that I only saved him once as it coincides with a specific ending/trophy. Normally my playthroughs end with The Star, and it seems cruel to keep him alive in that case, sorry Goro!

I wanted to save him but didnt realize I had to climb up. I only found out in a later playthrough.
I wish saving him was more interesting than it really is.

msxyz

Forum regular
None of the above :) I like to explore all levels far and wide and while clearing the interior I stumbled onto him still alive.

"POLL: TAKEMURA AND A CERTAIN CHOICE [SPOILERS]"

The first 3 playthroughs, I didn't save him simply because I didn't knew he could be saved, and or had to be saved to progress his story. Also because Johnny said that he could take care of himself, which I found feasible at the time. Did always wonder why he never called back again, though.

The fourth playthrough I decided to "explore" Goro's hideout, and flatline every adversary on sight. At one point I stumbled on a staircase, when all of a sudden Johnny appeared, and said that he was beyond any form of help. Then it hit me. Goro must still be upstairs. Ran up, through the hallway, through a door where more adversaries were that I hadn't spotted before. Flatlined them and there he was, Goro.

It was at that point that I started to despise Johnny. All this time he said that Goro could take care of himself, while he was in fact in need of help. Since then always saved Goro with every playthrough.

"POLL: TAKEMURA AND A CERTAIN CHOICE [SPOILERS]"

The first 3 playthroughs, I didn't save him simply because I didn't knew he could be saved, and or had to be saved to progress his story. Also because Johnny said that he could take care of himself, which I found feasible at the time. Did always wonder why he never called back again, though.

The fourth playthrough I decided to "explore" Goro's hideout, and flatline every adversary on sight. At one point I stumbled on a staircase, when all of a sudden Johnny appeared, and said that he was beyond any form of help. Then it hit me. Goro must still be upstairs. Ran up, through the hallway, through a door where more adversaries were that I hadn't spotted before. Flatlined them and there he was, Goro.

It was at that point that I started to despise Johnny. All this time he said that Goro could take care of himself, while he was in fact in need of help. Since then always saved Goro with every playthrough.

Johnny never trusted goro, but let's be honest, he had the same information that V had. Its not as if he knew what was going on with takemura. And truth is takemura would kill you if he thought you weren't on his side, as evidenced by the ending. Johnny and takemura are natural enemies.

Johnny never trusted goro, but let's be honest, he had the same information that V had. Its not as if he knew what was going on with takemura. And truth is takemura would kill you if he thought you weren't on his side, as evidenced by the ending. Johnny and takemura are natural enemies.
Should've known better, though. The first playthrough I already hated Johnny's guts, and decided to ignore him. Why I didn't in the hideout is beyond me.

Something i wonder about Goro :
If Yorinobou hadn't sent the killers after Goro and V(me) and asked him to kill V(me). Would he have done it ?
In my opinion, probably yes :(

I noticed in many previous conversations with Silverhand, that he mostly just wants to f*ck off as fast as possible. So when he did the same here, I was suspicious. Though i must admit, seeing the hole where you could go back to save him, was more of a coincidence, though in hindsight fairly obvious (the neon blue cross and all..).

Top Bottom