[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

+

What do you think about Multiplayer?

• Total voters
This document includes a detailed listing of how much funding was received by each project, for "seamless multiplayer" it is actually 6.7 million PLN, it seems in the other source I remembered it was combined with something else. Still not a small amount, though, comparable to the funding for "animation excellence", and two thirds of "city creation".
Right so all but confirmed it's in the game. That's probly the use of the 'Social' tab seen in the gameplay demo.

Here's hoping they DON'T have a competitive multiplayer mode, and instead opt for in-world missions or other repeatable content.

I'm fine with multiplayer as long as it can't interfer with single player, like others being able to invade your game.

A separate mode for competitive or a drop in/drop out co op would be fine as long as I can completely ignore it if I want to.

I'm all for cdred to refine cp2077 for single player.
But for food for thought it's kinda the reason why people play cyberpunk2020 table top don't u think? It's to include ur friends?

In favor heavily. Nothing detached like playing certain maps against each other.

I'm looking for something akin to COOP, players integrated into the very world, allowing them to do activities together.

How it could work in regards to the main story, especially if it were to be implemented later on, I don't quite know.

But it would be a blast to run around with (a) friend(s) and do stuff. Basic story missions may probably not work as they would often be based on ONE person that gets to witness them.

But still, perhaps there could be extra side activities and whatnot beyond main story missions. Join factions with one or more friends and try to build a rep. It could be its own mode detached from the story where you start anew and try to build a rep with groups or can possibly join them.

It's likely too much to ask for, but being able to run around with a few people or just one might be a huge plus, regardless of how you are integrated into the main or side stories.

4 Players Coop MP, same maps from SP, simple objectives, waves of enemies, buy upgrades and weapons after each wave- Epic :)

[you play single player for a limited number of times, it does not matter how good it is, you will stop playing the single player campaign at some point,
multiplayer is endless, you can play it forever]
This is the multiplayer I DON'T want. Granted a few times it has been done right (Mass Effect 3) I want the immersion CDPR is famous for, in the coop- even if it's just freeroaming w/1 friend, or lobbying up, and waiting in my own game, prepping solo until host launches mission, and my character w/all my bells and whistles joins their campaign. I don't want a hackjob coop minigame.

Last edited:
This is the multiplayer I DON'T want. Granted a few times it has been done right (Mass Effect 3) I want the immersion CDPR is famous for, in the coop- even if it's just freeroaming w/1 friend, or lobbying up, and waiting in my own game, prepping solo until host launches mission, and my character w/all my bells and whistles joins their campaign. I don't want a hackjob coop minigame.

(Also referring to what you quoted)

I agree fully. This is not a multiplayer I'd like to see if it was just that. Yeah sure it's maybe fun a bit but it gets stale for not just a few.

I generally do not play such gamemodes where you have a limited map and then have to kill the other team or do some objectives. I understand it's popular among others and there's whole leagues about it. I'm not saying it's "wrong", just not the preference of everyone. To me it's repetitive, always the same, no long-term changes other than you perhaps getting better, while the scope of the world is limited to small maps.

I'd rather have it so you can explore the normal game world together with others or maybe fight against them in there. I like COOP or something similar for such RPGs more than matches on small maps.

If you throw those in in addition, I won't mind. If it's just them, I'd go "meh".

If they ever add something like COOP with a bunch of others or even just 1-2, I'll throw money at them. That's what at least some people would like to see. If it is easy to implement, I don't know. You'd also have to perhaps detach it from main story missions or change it all again, otherwise it might be tricky especially if it's a first-person based game where some situations depend on the protagonist being in a certain pose or so where a second (player) actor might not be integrated into the scene.

It would be fine if you could just do other things not being part of the story or perhaps where you could do story missions where a player can replace a companion, while other missions are locked for "coop".

And it would, to me, still be fine if you can play together while story missions are locked, assuming there is sufficient side secondary and tertiary content and activities you can do.

Multiplayer in such a world (and rather FPS, not MMORPG based)? Lord, many people would want to play it.

Maybe something to consider for future titles in that CP setting, if this won't be a thing for CP2077.

Like to see that...

In-game you go to a VR-cafe and hook up. Then you are in the VR-world in the game and there you can fight online against other players.
Different modes.. death match, capture the flag, 'hut-ball' OR whatever CDPR can think of.
You can bet Eddies on it.. and on the games you don't contest in..

Maybe even a ladder system or a tournament where you can win Big prizes ! or... bet Eddies... and don't contest
But who do not want to be the Grand Champion of Night City VR-Arena???

~~Sky is not the limit in VR~~ :cool:

ps. i posted this in an other tread that was about role playing.. it was a bit off-topic so i made a new thread.

Last edited:
I would prefer no multiplayer, as it takes resources away from the single player.

And if you are allowed to bring in your own weapons, multiplayer would be broken.

Bullets that curve and track people? No thanks.

To mush assumptions. Every point you made on why it is a bad thing is based on what you think they might do.

Sorry.

@CybrisPunk Multiplayer has not been confirmed (last we heard it was in R&D), so I've merged your thread with an existing one. It's all just speculation at this point.

Then answer this.. why is er a job opening for
https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CDPROJEKTRED/743999673056812-multiplayer-designer

And they said in interviews that it was on hold. That they focus on single player. But that it is not out of the question that it comes after launch.
Post automatically merged:

@CybrisPunk Multiplayer has not been confirmed (last we heard it was in R&D), so I've merged your thread with an existing one. It's all just speculation at this point.

Oki :)

So many problems with trying to do this MMORPG. Monthly fees, or freemium setups. Then come the people whining about how such and such is pay to win.

Personally, if they add multiplayer, 6 player coop. Just for something different than all the ones that limit it to 4.

I think a lot of people are just tired of the cheap cookie cutter mmo experience, they all just feel the same, and it's always lower quality in favor of quantity.
Plus it isn't exactly being given a fair chance for examination. This question is being asked in the context of whether or not people want to add multiplayer to a game mostly billed as a single player game, made by a company known for a narrative single player game, in an IP known for its consequences where multiplayer games are really restricted in how much individual actions can impact the world.

I for one would LOVE to have a Cyberpunk MMO, but for this question I answered no because I want CP 2077 to be a rich single player experience which didn't have to build an economy/interaction/persistence model around a hybrid experience.

As I have previously stated, MP should function seperately, but using the same resources as single player. The same Map, same stores, possibly the same NPC's. It should either be a co-op similiar to Saints Row 2, but allowing up to 4 but preferably more, players.

Or it should work, preferably, like GTA Online, though preferably with better security than on PC. This way, players could co-op for mission and other jobs, or enjoy the free roam of the map itself, and combat against other players.

Top Bottom