[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

+

What do you think about Multiplayer?

• Total voters

I personally want multiplayer, but in a carefully-thought-of-not-influencing-the-main-idea kind of way. I just typed 4 paragraphs about how it may be done and deleted them afterwards, because I don't want to stand for "that one thing".
I want to have the community and lifestyle somehow possible to experience in the game. Maybe instaces, kind of an "closed battle.net", just a bar with a chat option, maybe even just as an addon with chat only, or coop, whatever.

But I reaaaally want some kind of multiplayer option, that let's me expand and satisfy the cyberpunk experience and feeling to and by my inner wish of other humans / companionship.

tl;dr:

I know they've got MP in R&D but I won't be bothered if it doesn't turn out viable for public play. Maybe I'd play it, but it's unlikely. I'm in it for the SP experience in games like these.

Would be very impressive if they pulled off something exceptional with MP too though.

I know they've got MP in R&D but I won't be bothered if it doesn't turn out viable for public play. Maybe I'd play it, but it's unlikely. I'm in it for the SP experience in games like these.

Would be very impressive if they pulled off something exceptional with MP too though.
So are most CDPR fans :p We love our Single Player Games.

I'm torn on this. Obviously I want no resources or efforts taken away from single player, and I also want post release support to be in the form of SP expansions, like TW3 got. But...the idea of a GTA online type of experience in Night City is extremely compelling. Really, that would sum up the danger and adventure of the original PnP as much as SP would. What I don't want is co-op in my SP, or some kind of half baked competitive MP that gets tacked on to so many games.

4 Players Coop MP, same maps from SP, simple objectives, waves of enemies, buy upgrades and weapons after each wave- Epic :)

[you play single player for a limited number of times, it does not matter how good it is, you will stop playing the single player campaign at some point,
multiplayer is endless, you can play it forever]

That is just the true. You can hardly extend it by DLCs and especially with modding, but that also has it's limit at some point.

I bet if someone makes a graph with the player number of multiplayer games, single player games and single player games with modding and stuff, the pure single player line goes down first, then the SP with modding and stuff, and last the MP thing

I'm torn on this. Obviously I want no resources or efforts taken away from single player, and I also want post release support to be in the form of SP expansions, like TW3 got. But...the idea of a GTA online type of experience in Night City is extremely compelling. Really, that would sum up the danger and adventure of the original PnP as much as SP would. What I don't want is co-op in my SP, or some kind of half baked competitive MP that gets tacked on to so many games.

Good point, thanks

yes, many people is worried about resources being taken away from single player to go to multiplayer, me included, but, that is why I always write "same maps from single player", so, they don't need to create new maps exclusively for MP, and maybe same weapons, and use some NPC's as characters, , maybe same enemies, they do need to program all the multiplayer matchmaking system, etc, but they can use some elements from the base game.

They don't need to add MP right at release version they can add it later, some months later, after everyone completed the single player campaign.

Good point, thanks

yes, many people is worried about resources being taken away from single player to go to multiplayer, me included, but, that is why I always write "same maps from single player", so, they don't need to create new maps exclusively for MP, and maybe same weapons, and use some NPC's as characters, , maybe same enemies, they do need to program all the multiplayer matchmaking system, etc, but they can use some elements from the base game.

They don't need to add MP right at release version they can add it later, some months later, after everyone completed the single player campaign.
It's also a bit too early to talk about MP, let's hope for now for a Witcher-size single player game.Fingers crossed :D

Guest 3847602

Don't really need it, but I'll give it a try anyway and see what's it about.
Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, it's something that doesn't interfere with singleplayer portion in any way (meaning I won't have to play it in order to unlock extra weapons, gadgets and clothes for SP).

Not interested in multiplayer myself, but I can imagine something like the multiplayer mode of GTA V, or even a Cyberpunk MMO. The idea of Night City populated by real people who can play any of the roles from the PnP at least sounds interesting, even if I would not play it, and it is probably difficult to implement and balance. But I do suspect the multiplayer will be something ambitious, not just a minor feature that is tacked on in a patch. It could be some completely new idea, too.

Last edited:
From what little has been shown and described of this game, this looks like it will be the first really in-depth Cyberpunk game that I'm aware of. As such, I specifically do not want any form of multiplayer. I want to just be in the world and not getting distracted by randos bunny-hopping around, blocking doorways, etc. I don't even want the Bloodborne style player notes or whatever, if you have a really intentional world, people just ruin it.

That said, after this game I'm good with whatever, I would play the crap out a cyberpunk mmo (if done well).

From what little has been shown and described of this game, this looks like it will be the first really in-depth Cyberpunk game that I'm aware of. As such, I specifically do not want any form of multiplayer. I want to just be in the world and not getting distracted by randos bunny-hopping around, blocking doorways, etc. I don't even want the Bloodborne style player notes or whatever, if you have a really intentional world, people just ruin it.

That said, after this game I'm good with whatever, I would play the crap out a cyberpunk mmo (if done well).
I can imagine "invaders" trying to hunt us.

Sure why not, make it last man standing, some loot boxes would be outstanding to go with the whole package as well. O yea, cyber zombies, lot's of those too.

Top Bottom