[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

+

What do you think about Multiplayer?

• Total voters
Just few months ago I would have said absolute NO to any sorts of multiplayers. But things change. Nowadays I seem to be doing multiplayers too :unsure:

So... I don't need multiplayer, but if it's going to be there, I'm surely going to try it out. Main focus should still definitely be in single player, me thinks.

I'd have to see the implementation of any PvP before I jump in. If it's well balanced, fun, and cheat free, I'll probably enjoy it. If it's simply tacked on for marketing purposes, then no.

What I'd really prefer tho' is PvE. Either co-op or a horde mode. I'd rather play with people than against them. :)

I don't want auto-on voice chat baked into the game. A particularly tough firefight and a string of cursing is how I got banned from Destiny 2.

Moderator: Two posts deleted. Please, do not drag current politics into the discussion. Focus on the game.

I wouldn't mind multi-player as long a single-player comes first. I don't want that delaying the game. After launch they can worry about multi-player.

I want Multiplayer. But I don't need it in the initial release I will be throwing money at CDPR to play this game, a game I have been waiting for a long time. all I need is a "Hey here's CP2077, multiplayer is coming when it's ready" I will cry half with tears of Joy half tears of anguish. CP2020 was a Social game you played with friends. I want that. I want the skills developed in single player mode to have some weight so you can build a story driven missions too big for one Edgerunner alone. It's a corny Phrase but it's not false, "Teamwork makes the Dreamwork".
An adaption of the old Land of the Free/Home of the Brave Campaign would be a fabulous expansion where multiplayer could be added.

From the available information, it seems more likely than not that multiplayer will happen eventually, it was confirmed to be in R&D at E3. We just do not know what it will be like.

You will not be obligate to play it if you dont want to, they said that they will finish the game for single player first with at least the same content than witcher (2 DLC) and maybe after they will add it so i dont see where is the problem.
I m sure i can have lot of fun with friends in the game like in red dead redemption or gta, i dont want special game mod or wathever, just chill with friends in the free world is ok for me (if youre afraid about the time devs can spend on various things that i for exemple never played in gta..)

You will not be obligate to play it if you dont want to, they said that they will finish the game for single player first with at least the same content than witcher (2 DLC) and maybe after they will add it so i dont see where is the problem.
I m sure i can have lot of fun with friends in the game like in red dead redemption or gta, i dont want special game mod or wathever, just chill with friends in the free world is ok for me (if youre afraid about the time devs can spend on various things that i for exemple never played in gta..)
For me there isn't a major problem, I'm getting the game either way, but the "problem" (minor issue) for me is that between my job, family, & social life outside of gaming, I only have a few hours a week to play. Sometimes I want to murder some fools with my friends and jump into a multiplayer game of some sort, other times I want to be alone and just experience a narrative, get lost exploring, just to play on my own terms. If my single player game has multiplayer options, then when I choose to be alone my friends don't know that, I start getting invites/messages, and then I either feel guilty for ignoring them or compromise my experience and join. I'm going to be disappointed with either choice which I'll only be able to make after spending several minutes in a neurotic argument with myself.

I get that many gamers have a ton of alone time that they can use however they want, I get that I'm probably more misanthropic than most, and looking at trends in game I know that I'm in the minority for not wanting a game with both options, so it won't bother me if it does have it, I'd just much prefer it if it didn't.

I would prefer that they focus on an expansion after CP2077 is released, instead of wasting time with multiplayer. I never play multiplayer games, because they do absolutely nothing for me.

Guys, there are gazillions of capable MP games out there, don't drag CP2077 into this swamp...

For me I don't care if MP is in the game, that sad unless it is dark souls style where you can enter other peoples worlds without there permission first. I have always been the one it seems like getting griefed in MP games and it is never fun. That said I don't think they should out right prevent it in a Multiplayer game even more so in a genre where being a double agent is so prevalent. I think I would be happy with a MP system like Drop in Co-Op or something larger like GTA Online. That said I will still be focused on the SP part of the game so that is what I want to see it get most of the effort.

cleancoomunityhat.jpg

If they can do something like GTA Online with HITMAN contracts type of missions from megacorps with bounties, then yeah, I'd like to see what they can do with multiplayer.

Absolutely. Common sense really. Do i need to write "IMO" everytime i write a post?
Besides, you really don't want an expansion, after CP2077 releases?
I think pretty much everyone wants the initial single player experience and after that some want SP expansion and some want MP implementation(as an expansion). But some people are confused. Guys they already confirmed that the game will launch without multiplayer and that we should expect nothing less than W3(and I think that means at least one SP expansion ) so don't worry and have faith in CDPR! .Also, regarding MP, I think you should wait and see how the game plays to comment on what the MP would be because some of the assumptions I've seen would be absolutely impossible to implement! dont get carried away.
P.S. you can vote and move on that's why it is a poll. We can see your opinion no need for 5-10 same comments " I don't want multiplayer" (and I'm saying that as someone who only plays SP games):p

Top Bottom