[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

+

What do you think about Multiplayer?

• Total voters
Multiplayer is the last thing that interests me in deep RPG games that allow multiple approaches to problems (like Deus Ex for example).

However, it would be interesting to see where CDPR goes with this, but I hope it wouldn't take too much of their dev time ;)

I'm fine with it if they make it a separate mode like GTA. And that's what will happen imo. If someone wants to play it strictly as a single player game,will be perfectly fine

My ideal kinf of multyplayer in cyberpunk would be a persistent world like but how nwn and nwn2 handle it... People create their characters and there is also a separate DM client.. in the case of cyberpunk a Game Director client... That allows you to spawn npc's and objects on the fly in manner to emulate pen and paper...

This is the only kind of multyplayer i am interested on Cyberpunk the kind of multyplayer that can emulate a pen and paper session..

Something different would be completely useless on my opinion.
I could definitely go for this, I had a lot of fun with NWN2 multiplayer.
BUT!
Such a thing requires player access to tools CDPR just plain can't provide without totally revising Red Engine and removing the need for many, many, licensed tools they themselves use to create CP2077.

Maybe or maybe not, no one knows.
That's what I think too and that's what makes sense. It might be a standalone multiplayer game like Gwent(but not a minigame). We know that CP2077 is a single player game and it will release as a single-player game in the veins of W3("expect nothing less than W3","a more ambitious W3 etc etc"). We also know that CDPR are planning to release another AAA game until 2021. They have to be already working on it for it to release within a year or a year and a half from CP2077 and CDPR has said that their team is split between Gwent and CP 2077(100-size team for gwent and the rest for CP 2077 -350-400 ) and we know that MP is in R&D. Basically, we already know it's one of the two : If it comes, MP is either an expansion that will come some months(or more) after the release of CP2077 or a standalone game a year down the line and imo it's the latter. Everything clicks for it to be the latter.

I would adore a small scale co-op mode of 2-6 (but 2 to 4 would also float my boat) and some things like minigames or a limited social hub like a bar. Honestly few things would be more fun to me than rolling through Cyberpunk together with my pals in honour of its tabletop roots. That would be hugely gratifying imo.

I'm fine if it's not there on initial release, but it would be great if it was to be added in decent time after, if possible.

MMO-ish stuff and pvp is extremely far removed from my preferences though. Random people invading and potentially ruining my already limited game-time and Cyberpunk experience is the absolute last thing I want.

I honestly would love to have some multiplayer in Cyberpunk so I can play it with my friends! And I honestly have no way of deciding how I would want multiplayer presented. With the type of game Cyberpunk is going to be a multiplayer option could be so many things! It would be awesome to see but polishing the full single player game should obviously stay priority.

Would making the multiplayer a paid DLC satisfy those who oppose online playing?

I can see it being a separate paid thing. Deeper character customization, online hubs, etc. Similar to GTA online, but without microtransactions since it's paid content. And best of all if you don't want online you don't have to pay for it.

While I would not bet too much on the lack of microtransactions (Gwent already has them, and long term support for a large multiplayer game and its servers does cost money), the idea does seem plausible. The multiplayer could even end up being a full game on its own.

I would really love a multilayer game with a character i could build up, and play with my friends. I'm just worried that quite often those games that are designed single player, yet have some simple multiplayer stuck on are not complex enough to be fun...ie. Don't just stick on a battle royal mode or crappy team shooter.

But yeh, multiplayer please !!! :)

I would really love a multilayer game with a character i could build up, and play with my friends. :)

Have you or anyone else played Playstation Home? I would love something like that. At time it did felt cyberpunk-ish, depending on the areas you visited. I would love a hub that's third person where you can interact with others. Say a bar hub, with pool tables in the back. That would be great.

I ran Cyberpunk for many dedicated groups for years, and what I revere about Cyberpunk was, that there was a group of people there going through that adventure together and the decisions and moments made by that crew. I spent time in Night City, in every echelon and have known (been) its bartenders, urchins, corp wage slaves, 'clave wanabees, nerks, cyberpsychos, masters, slaves and the rest, deeply. When I look back and think through the scenarios that I wrote or the times spent in purchased vignettes, I remember how they were special because of the inter-relations of real people making real decisions spontaneously to experience something unique. Those decisions most often would never be necessitated if you weren't holding up your end of a team effort or trying to save someone who you owe for saving you three or four times that evening or month. If you don't give at least a coop module, it will absolutely not be Cyberpunk for me, not the real honest, TRUE, Cyberpunk. Just another great game, I am sure, but not pure and not true.

Take away the aspects of pen and paper classes trying to be the best at what they do for someone else and it is like taking away the mystique of the near-holy grit and grime of Night City, and you all you are left with is dirt, neh?

Last edited:
Dear CD Projekt Red,

Thank you for taking the leap to show us where you're at and what you've been dedicating your lives to for the last few years. The game is looking fantastic and I can't wait to get a chance to dive in and explore the world you've been building.

I just wanted to convey my interest in a way to experience this world with my friends at some point. I'm not asking you to compromise your single player vision, or jeopardize your development of it. All I'm asking is that you keep tinkeringwith the idea of letting us join our friends in some of the many stories of Cyberpunk 2077 in a co-op fashion, or possibly even in PvP at some point down the road.

I'm sure I'm not the only gamer interested in this, and I read that you've toyed with it in R&D. All I'm asking is that you keep toying with it so long as there's even a chance of an interesting experience for your players.

Keep up the great work, and I'm really excited to see more!

-TheNubsly

There is a multiplayer thread for that. Does that need a new thread?(especially the same day we got a gameplay demo for the single player -which is what they're focusing on-).Don't mean to be rude just curious.

Just a quick word on what I would like from cyberpunk 2077. I would like a drop in or out co-op partner aka hiring a mercenary. I know this kind of story will be hard to have a story that can be for solo and co-op; that would be ideal for me but I understand that hence why i suggest hiring a merc (another player) who may drop a few lines here and there just to be relevant.

Was thinking having a multiplayer setting that you can join other players worlds, but as one of the NPC characters with a fixed set of skills/attributes and have only aesthetics be modifiable. Incentive for "non main player" can be in game currency/items when they return to their world. The "non main player" would have no say in the decision making process of the main players world; they will function more as a backseat player.

Im not a dev but it sounds like it would keep it simpler for the devs instead of having an MMORPG. This way it keeps the single player narrative intact sufficiently without changing the structure of the game mechanics like an MMO would.

:unsure:

It could be done Dark Souls style, that is, you are able to call your friends and then they can enter your world and help you with a quest. Regardless, CP2077 isn't really suited for co-op, I think.

I should also stop referencing Dark Souls everywhere.

In trailer we saw a kid in VR googles. How about having a multiplayer implemented as some kind of ingame virtual "training" fields? This way multiplayer does not affect singleplayer story but it is still connected while you play with all weapons and skills your SP character has? :)

Top Bottom