[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

+

What do you think about Multiplayer?

• Total voters
I'm not a multi-player fan, just had way too many bad experiences with it. Co-op on the other hand could be fun, just linking up with a friend(s) and go in game and be stupid could be fun, much like SR3 had. I can't tell you how much fun playing co-op in SR3 was, even with a single player, we would laugh ourselves silly and for myself, that's what is is all about. For this game, it could be challenging, and fun. Granted, SR3 was made to be fun and crazy, where this game could have challenges, strategy, that kind of thing.

I'm a big fan of 'the Division' but avoid the multi-player aspect completely, I did venture into it but again, not a fun environment for me. If a co-op feature were implemented, then I would say no more then four players in game and not in a MMO environment, just the four (or less) in game itself...if that makes any sense. Co-op would be awesome.

I like PvP multiplayer but not (generally) for a game like this, and worry it would bleed off Dev time better spent adding more content. PvE co-op on the other would seem more appropriate. That said, I really see this as a Single Player RPG & that is why I will buy it.

I'm indifferent to it. I actually like solo RPGs, so I am fine without multiplayer/co-op. If they do put it in, either DLC or later on, I might check it out. But it's not a high priority for me.

I got some ideas besides co-op, simple player invasions a la dark souls will be cool or hacking missions seen in watch dogs where 1 player tries to hack the other's phone but can't get detected. That way is not a fullblown deathmatch and if you are good at staying hidden in the enviroment or in a crowd you don't need to fire a single bullet.
https://bit.ly/2Q0q90W for example.

I got some ideas besides co-op, simple player invasions a la dark souls will be cool or hacking missions seen in watch dogs where 1 player tries to hack the other's phone but can't get detected. That way is not a fullblown deathmatch and if you are good at staying hidden in the enviroment or in a crowd you don't need to fire a single bullet.
https://bit.ly/2Q0q90W for example.

good point here, could prove interesting. Oddly, I did play (most) of Watch Dogs 2, and got bored silly with it, never finished it and pulled it. But I like your idea non the less.

good point here, could prove interesting. Oddly, I did play (most) of Watch Dogs 2, and got bored silly with it, never finished it and pulled it. But I like your idea non the less.
I just don't want CDPR to throw multiplayer out the window, there is more to it than ranked/competitive PvP. I have like 80 hours in WD1 and most of it is playing that hacking mode because I liked it some much, if you guys liked playing hide and seek as a kid you will like it too.

This game does not need a multiplayer mode. Adding a multiplayer mode would only delay the game's release date further. Sure, CD Projekt Red can add it to the game post-launch, but I'd prefer a single-player DLC or an entirely new game.

CDPR has said officially that the game will launch as a single player game and it's going to be like W3 in terms of content and expansions. So this is pointless. I say we wait and see how the game is to then discuss the potential multiplayer. (Personally, I want a big single player game, that's what I'm expecting from CDPR.)

If there's multiplayer I would think coop. And being a highly detailed world the idea of 2 person owning the city guns blazing while is a fun idea as a side thing where people just want to let loose and have mindless fun blasting citizens of 2077. Though it be a good idea after that's over if they do want to get serious there's option to tone difficulty setting up to real. At high difficulty setting that won't happen as it's too difficult as in reality. You go as far as the next block before being ruined down by the military. Then this encourages coop with thought and planning accordingly to player specialized attributes. One with the guns the other with computer hacking. So for example imagine high realistic difficulty + robbing the bank. Very soon ull find yourself under siege. From all sides and if u don't have preparation ready ur pretty much fkd.

Doesn't have to be robbing the bank maybe say assasination of top level CEO. U won't get to him in 2 mins just because both u got the latest lazor gun . That said. U can see this will become a big project to get right on it's own for CD red

Personally I don't care about multiplayer. If they could make a 2 player coop like in Watch Dogs 2 fine, otherwise I hope they focus on the SP part and making amazing unique main and side quests as they did in Witcher 3

No thanks. And to try and shoehorn it into the game now would be a massive undertaking. It can't just be 'added', the game needs to be designed around it from the start. And your single player experience often time suffers greatly. Can we stop trying to make every game multiplayer?

It would make sense to do (some) missions in a co-op with other players in CP2020, but I don't see it working that well with only three classes and the combat system being as-is in CP77.

No thanks. And to try and shoehorn it into the game now would be a massive undertaking. It can't just be 'added', the game needs to be designed around it from the start. And your single player experience often time suffers greatly. Can we stop trying to make every game multiplayer?

How would an in-game "VR deathmatch" or other minigames having to be designed in-game from the start?
You just put your in-game VR and bam, you're in a multiplayer game inside the game!

Multiplayer of some sort seems likely eventually, but we know very little at the moment. It has been confirmed that CP2077 will be fully single player on release, but MP was in R&D stage as of the interviews following E3. Also, according to a report to shareholders, CDPR received 6.7 million PLN of government funding to implement seamless multiplayer in the RED engine, which is a substantial amount of money. There have been a few open jobs for Cyberpunk 2077 network programmers. That is about all the available information. I guess we will only learn more after launch, for now the focus is on the SP campaign.

Last edited:
Back in 2014 CD Projekt Red told the Polish government they wanted grant money to implement multiplayer, among other things. They ended up getting the biggest piece of grant money, around 7 million US dollars.

"City Creation - kompleksowa technologia służąca do kreacji "żywego", grywalnego w czasie rzeczywistym, miasta o wielkiej skali, która bazuje na zasadach, sztucznej inteligencji i automatyzacji oraz uwzględnia opracowanie innowacyjnych procesów i narzędzi wspierających tworzenie najwyższej jakości gier z otwartym światem"

City Creation - a comprehensive technology for the creation of a" live ", playable in real time, a city with a large scale, which is based on principles, artificial intelligence and automation and includes the development of innovative processes and tools to support the creation of the highest quality open-mind games.

"Animation Excellence - kompleksowa technologia umożliwiająca znaczny wzrost jakości i produktywności skomplikowanych animacji ciała i twarzy na potrzeby gier RPG z otwartym światem, uwzględniająca również innowacyjne rozwiązania procesowe i unikalny zestaw dedykowanych narzędzi"

Animation Excellence - a comprehensive technology that enables a significant increase in the quality and productivity of complex body and face animations for the needs of open-source RPGs, including innovative process solutions and a unique set of dedicated tools.

"Cinematic Feel - kompleksowa technologia umożliwiająca dostarczanie unikalnej, filmowej jakości w grach RPG z otwartym światem, uwzględniająca również innowacyjne rozwiązania procesowe i unikalny zestaw dedykowanych narzędzi"

Cinematic Feel - a comprehensive technology that enables delivering unique film quality in RPG games with an open world, also including innovative process solutions and a unique set of dedicated tools.

"Seamless Multiplayer - kompleksowa technologia umożliwiająca tworzenie unikalnej rozgrywki dla wielu graczy, uwzględniająca wyszukiwanie przeciwników, zarządzanie sesją, replikację obiektów oraz wsparcie różnorodnych trybów rozgry"

A system of generic support for cross-platform multiplayer gaming in computer games for the most popular consoles and operating systems.

One interesting piece is they wanted cross-platform multiplayer, I wonder if platform holders will allow that.

This document includes a detailed listing of how much funding was received by each project, for "seamless multiplayer" it is actually 6.7 million PLN, it seems in the other source I remembered it was combined with something else. Still not a small amount, though, comparable to the funding for "animation excellence", and two thirds of "city creation".

I don't need it... but I will happily welcome one. Whatever they decide to implement as long as it's well done.
Be it player designed quests, co-op or just a hub area.

Top Bottom