[POLL] The Multiplayer Thread

+

What do you think about Multiplayer?

• Total voters
I usually say sure why not, even to features I don't plan on using. But multiplayer has been proven to take significant effort away from story and/or single-player content time and time again. I can't imagine CDPR updating us on the "next season" of 2077, or telling us about this week's live events and leaderboards. If we want the multiplayer experience, we have every possible form of it throughout FPS, BR, and even adventure or open-world titles. By this game, we'll even have Death Stranding for interaction. I don't need 2077's take on what will be 100% covered when, after seeing the closed demo, everyone claimed this'll offer a whole new style of gameplay.

The one possible exception is drop-in, drop-out co-op for the single-player game. But given how easily it can transition to 6v6 objective nonsense with a Battle Royale playground in the corner, I'll pass on that too.

same here, in particular when it comes to PvE. There's always some troll or screaming child. Or people disconnecting.
GTA V is a nightmare.

Yeah, I equate it with being given a choice to fly on a private jet, or ... Southwest Airlines, or something similar that's basically a public transport bus nightmare filled with all those lovely 3D smells, surround sound THX noise, unidentifiable puddles of something, and all the people associated with them.
Ugh. No thanks.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind some sort of co-op mode but maybe done after the fact that way all resources will have gone into singleplayer mode first.

Maybe a co-op mode could be added later with some co-op based missions designed for co-op but kept well away from singleplayer, maybe as a seperate mode with a co-op campaign with characters you pick yourself instead of V.

I think multiplayer is necessary. Remember this is based off a pen and paper game that you played with other people. I love single player experiences and I have no doubt CDPR will deliver on that side. However this is a different type of game, not adapted from a book but a role playing game where the people you play with shape the world. This will be a difficult feat to pull off for CDPR. There are many people who played the witcher 3, love single player games, and do enjoy multiplayer. CDPR will have to do something new and innovative here or else it will look like an after thought nobody really cares about. However, I have faith that a team like CDPR who loves gaming just as much the fans will take the time and put in the effort to create a well thought out fresh online experience..

I know this conversation has to have been talked about and I'm probably going to get a lot
of hate for suggesting it, however this is based off of a paper dice table top RPG that is
mandatory multiplayer.

I want/need the single player mode and story and I know CDPR has flirted with the idea
of multiplayer, but what I want to know is what do you guys think the multiplayer should
be like?

I personally think it should have nothing to do with the single player V in any way and be
a separate leveling experience. I'd like to be able to form a gang/guild/corp and have turf wars and
business rivalry.

What do you guys think?

I say add robust endgame ala GTA like 1-2 year after release. Double Dip FTW. Also they get closer to GTA's release window so they can hit them at GTA7. Its good strategy to hit GTA imho, especially now as these Stadia kind of products has becoming reality, no-one knows how they shape the game industry.

I think Multiplayer would be cool option to have nothing major maybe option for 2-3 friends join in and help just for fun, or to have alternate world and character for short coop missions with 2-4 players with kind of side story type stuff that V wouldn't be involved personally with because idk other side of town doing own thing. Either way would be nice but if its like hosting servers kinda like gtav please let us make them private or invite only so dont have to deal with random people just being jerks cause bored. just some sort of coop one way or another would add to both replayability and i mean after all be much more enjoyable to play with friends atleast some time rather than just be in chat party or on discord with them going "dude you wont believe what i just happened. The physics engine glitched and after i hit that buss i went cartwheeling into space" as they likely be right there with you and see it too.

Being able to socialize with other players in a bar and discuss the game and immerse myself in the atmosphere is all I need

Being able to socialize with other players in a bar and discuss the game and immerse myself in the atmosphere is all I need

There seems to be this kind of rumour at least.

"Cyberpunk 2077 To Feature Seamlessly Integrated Social Hub"

Social Hubs are fun, SWTOR or APB had cool ones. Why not to take something from APB, share graffiti, fashion labels etc.

Guest 4149880

I think simple approach to multiplayer would benefit this game more then full multiplayer mode.

-Social Hubs. It would be cool to see a seamless loading hub areas where you can see new players come and go after spending time in the same area.
-Pvp Small encounter invasions. I'd say in the combat zone possibly that other players may be able to engage in combat.
Co op focused missions.

Given the nature of the classes for Cyberpunk, there are so many possibilities with multiplayer.

I'd personally favor some sort of free form Coop possibility or something akin to GTA where you can meet others anywhere once you enter MP mode or so, than having isolated mini parts in the city like arenas. I'd prefer to enjoy Night City and its Content with others.

Whether we will get it is another question, just stating my rough preference.

What other reason could they have for bringing on a multiplayer development studio? Did they suddenly become altruists and decide to teach another studio how to make singleplayer content? :unsure:

No, I'm going to call a spade a spade here. If they didn't bring them on for multiplayer content, I will buy you a copy of the game on launch.
Now that the preorder page is up, feel free to flick me that copy any time. :)

What other reason could they have for bringing on a multiplayer development studio? Did they suddenly become altruists and decide to teach another studio how to make singleplayer content? :unsure:

No, I'm going to call a spade a spade here. If they didn't bring them on for multiplayer content, I will buy you a copy of the game on launch.
was actually mentioned that if there is multiplayer it will be as add on content probably a free DLC

I would be insanely happy if Co-op was added later. Insanely happy. I could not imagine anything more fun than playing Cyberpunk with my buddies and see their characters in action!! (some of us have pen and paper history so...yeah..can't even capture that in words)

I completely understand it's not a primary focus CDPR and as much as I love co-op I absolutely do not mind, but I can't say it's not one of my most desired features by far! (the other is a good photomode, tbh heh :) )

Any effort spent on multiplayer could've been spent polishing single player. In other words: no.

I voted strict no.
In any immersive games other players are invariably the biggest cause for breaking immersion. I'd like to keep this single player.

Top Bottom