Who would you call V's closest friend?

• Jackie Welles

Votes: 93 47.9%
  • Johnny Silverhand

Votes: 35 18.0%
  • Viktor Vektor

Votes: 66 34.0%

• Total voters
Takemura. My V got really attached to Goro. They spend enough time together, talked about important stuff. They fought together and V saved Takemura’s life.

I think of Jackie more as a job partner. Johnny seems more a roommate (in V’s head) — they learn to live together but I would not call it friendship. And Viktor? Just a friendly ripper — there is not that much interaction with him.

I tink V is their own best friend.

Seriously. Jackie is a really good friend only in the corpo line. Like, had he not stood up for V, those rats would have dragged away and likely killed the protagonist. Even though, ... I just think there should be a game path where V escapes the jail cell and rejoins Jackie.

Johnny? His role is artificially crucial in doing the Arasaka Tower raid. Like V couldn't just get up and say, let's muck em up. That's dumb. Johnny also needs some SERIOUS taming throughout the game. Like, if I had a pick of a buddy, that wouldn't be him. Too much work. Johnny is lucky that V is stuck with him.

Viktor? Probably the best and most selfless of all three. He is a good friend, somewhat fathery, but why vote for him when there is V as well?

Last edited:
I voted for Jackie but on my 1st playthrough I sense Johnny became a closer friend. Also because he lives in V and sees his/her memories and vice-versa. If they became friends after that I'd say it's a really close friendship. In Jackie's funeral mission V learns a lot about some of the most important circumstances in jackie's life. So I feel even though it was a solid friendship it didn't reach that more personnal level.
But I would extend this vote to include the LIs. Judy and Panam especially (since they have a lot more content than the male ones) would be good contenders for best friendship too.

Jackie from start to finish. To hell and back.
Victor is more of a father figure to them, a friend sure... but he acts like an adoptive father.
Johnny is just an ass. Baggage, that you tolerate out of interest as a player and learn to love or just... not like as V, depends on what you do. He changes greatly though the course of the game and at some point can become a friend, but never ever above Jackie.

Definitely not any dude in here. Especially not obnoxious Jackie and not forced Silverhand. Viktor would be nice if he had more content.

I would have to say Viktor since he's V's ripper doc and rippers are always your best friend.
He also kept V from dying, so that seal's the deal for me. Unless people forgot, it was Jackie that
got V killed in the first place with the whole relic job nonsense. In all of Night City, you are stuck
with a single friend? Give me Judy as a sidekick instead, now she would be a great drinking buddy.

Last edited:
I didn't return Skippy. Now Skippy is in my weapons room on the wall and you will hear him yelling 'BAD HUMAN!'. Good ol' Skippy, love it.

I was really sooooo sad when I had to give it back to Regina to delete it. Come on, it almost affected me more than other deaths in the game.
-Oh my God! They killed Skippy!.
We both loved Rihanna.
Post automatically merged:

I would have to say Viktor since he's V's ripper doc and rippers are always your best friend.
He also kept V from dying, so that seal's the deal for me. Unless people forgot, it was Jackie that
got V killed in the first place with the whole relic job nonsense. In all of Night City, you are stuck
with a single friend? Give me Judy as a sidekick instead, now she would be a great drinking buddy.
I think that's a little unfair on jackie. V knew what he was getting into more or less. Also, it is Jackie who first puts the chip in his head without thinking twice.
I've always thought he does it so you don't have to.

Last edited:
I was really sooooo sad when I had to give it back to Regina to delete it. Come on, it almost affected me more than other deaths in the game.
-Oh my God! They killed Skippy!.
We both loved Rihanna.
Post automatically merged:

I think that's a little unfair on jackie. V knew what he was getting into more or less. Also, it is Jackie who first puts the chip in his head without thinking twice.
I've always thought he does it so you don't have to.
It was Jackie that got the job from Dex in the first place.
Jackie is completely obnoxious, and I couldn't stand being around him.
First time meeting him in the Badlands as a Nomad, you could tell he was a scumbag
His intention was to screw V over after crossing the border.
He admitted it after you both crashed into the garage. Why did we even have to take him with us?
All we needed to do was take the case and deliver it to the fixer. His car was parked behind the trailer
he didn't walk there.

It was Jackie that got the job from Dex in the first place.
Jackie is completely obnoxious, and I couldn't stand being around him.
First time meeting him in the Badlands as a Nomad, you could tell he was a scumbag
He admitted it after you both crashed into the garage. Why did we even have to take him with us?
All we needed to do was take the case and deliver it to the fixer. His car was parked behind the trailer
he didn't walk there.

Im a street kid and there it is friendship at first sight. Jackie is tougher than a steel door, in body and unfortunately head.
His ancestry as Valentino betrays him more than once too. He's not someone I'd leave the keys to thats for sure.
But I don't think that makes him evil or guilty of anything that happens. V wanted to get into the major leagues and work with real fixers as much as he did, at least in that life patch that was his/her dream. Until the very end he just behaved like a friend to V.
We could also blame T-Bug for screwing up and getting detected...or Evie the doll who suddenly thought she was a corpo... or the Vodoo Boys for biting more than they could chew. The list goes on and on.

Last edited:
We could also blame T-Bug for screwing up and getting detected...or Evie the doll who suddenly thought she was a corpo... or the Vodoo Boys for biting more than they could chew. The list goes on and on.
Everybody involved in the Heist know that it's "risky" and agree to do it. So V don't do it for/because Jackie... V do it to be rich and famous quickly, that's all :)
As "ex-Valentinos", he said it well in front of All-Foods :
"F..k the others before they f..k you !"
That's why Jackie planed to screw V at first in Nomad intro, but he change his mind and admit it after (so it's fair in my opinion...)
(And also, V live in "his" home during almost 6 months... so, good friend at least...)

A little bit the same as Judy who don't trust V at first and the same for Panam
(Panam admit at the end, that if Mitch and Scorpion had accepted to help her at first, she would have left V by the side of the road without any remorse...)

Last edited:
I'd say Jackie. Yes, Johnny and V became close to an extent (I guess moreso depending on how you played it), but they had no choice. Johnny's mindset, his selfishness and ego, sort of kept things warped even though he grew a lot as a person/engram during the experience. Jackie seemed like a genuine person that you could have adventures with or work jobs, knowing he has your back. And who you could also connect with on an emotional level. Viktor is that friend that shows he cares by making sure everything is working properly for you, fixing stuff so you're safe. Viktor's a guy you can rely on, respect, and go to, but not for everything.

Top Bottom