Votes: 170 44.7%
  • Judy

Votes: 160 42.1%
  • Kerry

Votes: 25 6.6%
  • River

Votes: 25 6.6%

• Total voters
I have no doubt we'll be getting more content for all LIs. Major spoilers below.

I wrote a long post about this in the Panam thread but I'll condense it down:
  • The two most "optimistic" endings for V are both The Star and The Sun. "Optimism" is determined by a number of things but one of them is Misty's tarot readings.
  • The Star/The Sun are already strong candidates for post-game DLC involving Mr Blue Eyes and the crystal palace.
  • The Star covers all female LI's (Panam/Judy).
    • Male V gets Panam, Female V gets Judy.
  • The Sun covers all male LI's (Kerry/River).
    • Male V get's Kerry, Female V get's River.
  • It's not hard to connect the two endings down to a singular branch involving Mr Blue Eyes.

More Panam content is in the bag IMO since she got her own ending. Furthermore her story gets very interesting if you read the cliffhanger-like video message she leaves for Male V. It feels like CDPR is setting the stage for something more. Because Judy and Panam share the same ending (for Fem V) it would be very easy for CDPR to bring Judy back into the fold.

Like The Star above The Sun is also viable (they can both be connected) so Kerry and River can be brought back as well.

The real question is will LI content be evenly distributed? We'll have to wait and see. CDPR only has so many resources and the gap between achievement statistics on Panam/Judy versus Kerry + River is very wide so I'm not sure... Personally I hope there is more Kerry and River because they're both excellent characters (and Kerry's music is amazing).

Guest 4412420

The real question is will LI content be evenly distributed? We'll have to wait and see. CDPR only has so many resources and the gap between achievement statistics on Panam/Judy versus Kerry + River is very wide so I'm not sure...
I'm guessing that if they ran out of anything it wasn't resources. I'm more than willing to chalk up current disparity to troubled development and lack of time, but this shouldn't fly or apply for future content, nor should they keep prioritizing the girls only.

Using achievement statistics would be very odd as more people finished Panam's story than the main storyline. Also, River is not that far off from Judy, at least on Steam, and the fact so few people completed Kerry's questline is because of how late he's introduced and most people simply missed him. This one is more on the developers rather than the players.

Late edit: Changed the wording somewhat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using achievement data would be very odd as more people finished Panam's story than the main storyline. Also, River is not that far off from Judy, at least on Steam, and the fact so few people completed Kerry's questline is because of how late he's introduced and most people simply missed him (there was also that one persistent bug that prevented players from finishing Samurai reunion quests). This one is more on the developers rather than the players.

This is a good point. Admittedly I hadn't checked the achievement data in a few months but I'm glad to see River and Judy neck and neck.

Kerry being introduced so late into the game definitely worked against his popularity achievement wise. But now that he has been introduced to players I really hope CDPR can capitalize on that by giving him more content.

I have no doubt we'll be getting more content for all LIs. Major spoilers below.

I wrote a long post about this in the Panam thread but I'll condense it down:
  • The two most "optimistic" endings for V are both The Star and The Sun. "Optimism" is determined by a number of things but one of them is Misty's tarot readings.
  • The Star/The Sun are already strong candidates for post-game DLC involving Mr Blue Eyes and the crystal palace.
  • The Star covers all female LI's (Panam/Judy).
    • Male V gets Panam, Female V gets Judy.
  • The Sun covers all male LI's (Kerry/River).
    • Male V get's Kerry, Female V get's River.
  • It's not hard to connect the two endings down to a singular branch involving Mr Blue Eyes.

More Panam content is in the bag IMO since she got her own ending. Furthermore her story gets very interesting if you read the cliffhanger-like video message she leaves for Male V. It feels like CDPR is setting the stage for something more. Because Judy and Panam share the same ending (for Fem V) it would be very easy for CDPR to bring Judy back into the fold.

Like The Star above The Sun is also viable (they can both be connected) so Kerry and River can be brought back as well.

The real question is will LI content be evenly distributed? We'll have to wait and see. CDPR only has so many resources and the gap between achievement statistics on Panam/Judy versus Kerry + River is very wide so I'm not sure... Personally I hope there is more Kerry and River because they're both excellent characters (and Kerry's music is amazing).
One of the romance options is the MAIN (non-V) character of the "best" ending, and another can just die if you dialogue wrong -- I foresee it being almost impossible to balance future romance content.

I realy dont understand why every one is so fan of Panam and Judy... It's pushing me in a realy intense confusion ! ^^'

I found the first one juste horrible and the second one is...plain. Cute, right but... (Like in french you say "gentil" in a mean way... (mean "a little bit stupid but nice.")

I realy dont understand why every one is so fan of Panam and Judy... It's pushing me in a realy intense confusion ! ^^'

I found the first one juste horrible and the second one is...plain. Cute, right but... (Like in french you say "gentil" in a mean way... (mean "a little bit stupid but nice.")
I really don't understand whe some people have problems with that. That's matter of taste...

Little off-topic :)
Never hear that with "gentil". It's more with a context and the way of saying it (all the nice words can became negative... like a "c'est un bon gars" (it's a good guy)).
Going out on a limb, not knowing French at all, but some words I remember (from some tv-series... guess which one...). The equivalent with "nice girl" would be something like: "c'est un bon filles"?

I romanced Kerry and I think what's there of his romance is beautifully written. At least from Kerry's side because V barely says anything (wish V was more openly affectionate with Kerry, like he can be with Panam). I personally have no interest in River as a LI, but I keep bringing him up because I know he also got the short end of a stick.

I feel that I should say that I have no problem with Judy and Panam as characters, I like both of them a lot, and I really hope to see all 4 of them again in the future, because interacting with these characters even as friends was a great experience. It's that it feels like CDPR prioritized them over the male LIs and it's this unfairness is what bothers me.

My only wish is to see all of them treated equally. I don't want Judy and Panam to get less, what I want is for Kerry and River to have as close to equal as they can get to the ladies. I know they'll never be truly equal but getting close to it would be nice.
I'm hoping Kerry is as well done as you say. I've been playing the game slowly and am about half way through the Kerry side quests. So far, he seems to be the most profoundly unlikable of all the lead characters on "your" side, which is a bit gutting given that he's the only gay option! Like, right now, I'd quite like to shoot him in the head for being such a narcissistic, pathetic a**hole and I'd rather die than sleep with him(!).

Guest 4412420

I'm hoping Kerry is as well done as you say. I've been playing the game slowly and am about half way through the Kerry side quests. So far, he seems to be the most profoundly unlikable of all the lead characters on "your" side, which is a bit gutting given that he's the only gay option! Like, right now, I'd quite like to shoot him in the head for being such a narcissistic, pathetic a**hole and I'd rather die than sleep with him(!).
It's only my opinion, and everyone has different tastes.

I do think that the romance is lovely from Kerry's side (V's side of dialogues are lacking in affection) but as far as his overall writing goes... I personally prefer characters with traits that are actual flaws (like the narcissism you mentioned). Kerry is flawed, but those flaws are what made him an interesting, memorable and realistic to me. I think he's beautifully written and complex character.

I hope so too.

Kerry is romantic as fuck but... It's hard to see. that's why i think this romance is verry well writed. When you date an artist - and in show business in particular- singers and musicians are verry sensitive AND verry exposed. They live in a world of lies, masks and comedy , they have to protect themselves. . Kerry is like this. When playing this romance i saw myself few years in the past when i dated a man who was a side singer in a punk band... Hard for same to drop the mask.

I don't agree with your opinion of Kerry because I find him to have real dramatic depth: he is a man who has been trapped for 50 years in the image and specter of Johnny Silverhand as if he has been silently judged all that time, living in a need for approval that would never come. obsessed with success and narcissistic, yes, but not only that...
Listening to what he says - and what he doesn't say in his silence - one understands that he has been waiting for a reason to live all this time. It is dramatic because V brings him this breath and it is almost taken away from him immediately because V is going to die (or disappear, whatever happens). However Kerry is haunted by a sense of failure, guilt and disappointment and he is terribly alone... millions of fans but desperately alone with himself.

Last edited:
I hope so too.

Kerry is romantic as fuck but... It's hard to see. that's why i think this romance is verry well writed. When you date an artist - and in show business in particular- singers and musicians are verry sensitive AND verry exposed. They live in a world of lies, masks and comedy , they have to protect themselves. . Kerry is like this. When playing this romance i saw myself few years in the past when i dated a man who was a side singer in a punk band... Hard for same to drop the mask.

I don't agree with your opinion of Kerry because I find him to have real dramatic depth: he is a man who has been trapped for 50 years in the image and specter of Johnny Silverhand as if he has been silently judged all that time, living in a need for approval that would never come. obsessed with success and narcissistic, yes, but not only that...
Listening to what he says - and what he doesn't say in his silence - one understands that he has been waiting for a reason to live all this time. It is dramatic because V brings him this breath and it is almost taken away from him immediately because V is going to die (or disappear, whatever happens). However Kerry is haunted by a sense of failure, guilt and disappointment and he is terribly alone... millions of fans but desperately alone with himself.
I'm not there yet. One side quest to go before I really do decide that he's a total wet blanket / monster level needy egomaniac and friend zone him. :-D

I don't think he's badly *written* (on the contrary, I work in a creative job and have come across more people who behave like that than I can count -- he's spot on). He's just very, very unattractive!

Last edited:
Joy toys should of been an option. I like V as a lone wolf who only has relations not relationships.. Seems kind of stupid to start a relationship with someone, and get them emotionally vested in you romantically, when you know
you are going to die in just a few months

[Added spoiler tags.]

I was wondering about the Bio Dyne nanites that are able to "provide long term uninterrupted repair to the neural tissue" to help with MS

Assuming that or something close might just be able to repair some of the damage, maybe not a "cure" but at least give V an extended life span.

Joy toys should of been an option. I like V as a lone wolf who only has relations not relationships.. Seems kind of stupid to start a relationship with someone, and get them emotionally vested in you romantically, when you know
you are going to die in just a few months

[Added spoiler tags.]
This, this and this. The whoring in CP2077 should have been as thorough as in TW2/3, with five or six joytoys of each gender with full sex scenes. No this is not a romance simulator but that aint exactly romance (before you say this aint a sex sim either, The Witcher is most certainly not but has this, and in the Middle Ages). It would also have helped sell the whole "decadent, crazy dystopian world" that CP2077 is supposed to be, too. With this included in the base game, it would be more forgivable to have so few romance options, because true love is far more rare, specially in a dystopia.
Post automatically merged:

I see Kerry more like an apparently shallow rockstar with hidden depths, myself

This, this and this. The whoring in CP2077 should have been as thorough as in TW2/3, with five or six joytoys of each gender with full sex scenes. No this is not a romance simulator but that aint exactly romance (before you say this aint a sex sim either, The Witcher is most certainly not but has this, and in the Middle Ages). It would also have helped sell the whole "decadent, crazy dystopian world" that CP2077 is supposed to be, too. With this included in the base game, it would be more forgivable to have so few romance options, because true love is far more rare, specially in a dystopia.
Post automatically merged:

I see Kerry more like an apparently shallow rockstar with hidden depths, myself
If we're going to be serious for a second, the problem with someone like Kerry is that their *only* interest is themselves. Their obsessions, their worries, even their love lives are all about what *they* need to feel whole. There is so much emotional turmoil, so much need that there is no space in there to *give* to anyone else. A relationship with someone like that will always be about looking after them; there is no capacity to give back.

As I say, he's very well-written and accurately reflects that personality (or, perhaps, "emotional condition"). Even in various endings, his total self-absorption is front and centre. He can't even have a phone call without diverting it to be all about what he wants. But I'd be hard-pressed to see how someone could want a relationship with someone so incapable of giving back.

If we're going to be serious for a second, the problem with someone like Kerry is that their *only* interest is themselves. Their obsessions, their worries, even their love lives are all about what *they* need to feel whole. There is so much emotional turmoil, so much need that there is no space in there to *give* to anyone else. A relationship with someone like that will always be about looking after them; there is no capacity to give back.

As I say, he's very well-written and accurately reflects that personality (or, perhaps, "emotional condition"). Even in various endings, his total self-absorption is front and centre. He can't even have a phone call without diverting it to be all about what he wants. But I'd be hard-pressed to see how someone could want a relationship with someone so incapable of giving back.
I know Kerry is no Kaidan, and I'm afraid you're not wrong in anything you've stated, but I still consider the same sex romances in Cyberpunk to be of more quality than ME: Andromeda, the last two Assassin's Creeds, and perhaps even DA: Inquisition.

Top Bottom