POLL! What are you doing while waiting for the DEV to fix the 1.5 patch PC crash issue?

+

What are you doing while waiting for the DEV to fix the 1.5 patch PC crash issue?

• Hours of reading forum, readit, fan wiki sites for user end fixes.

• Cleaning obsolete and trash files I found on my hard drive while trying to fix the game.

• Learning more about Audio drivers than I ever wanted to in my life.

• Finding NEW WIN 10 Task Manager processes I did not realize 10 was running on my poor PC.

• Downloading and installing various “missing” DLL files the game may need.

• Watching videos of Xbox players kicking butt in their working CP2077 game.

• Wondering if I could get the game to run on my old Dreamcast.

• Pining for steam and their game dev to allow version rollback on the software I paid for.

• Playing (your game here) and pretending it is my V character on an off world mission.

Results are only viewable after voting.
What are you doing while waiting for the DEV to fix the 1.5 patch PC crash issue?

I started grabbing all my old box art games that are on DVD and CD to see which will still play on a modern PC.
Spoiler not many! :rolleyes:

Funny how 20 years ago I thought I would get to play them forever and that later generations of computers would just get belter and belter at running those games.

What I have done just so you do not waste your time posting "solutions" here (this topic not for USER end solutions ):

Installed the current build and the hot patch.
Fresh install NO mods.
Did a steam Verify/Repair.
Uninstalled ALL GPU drivers and installed fresh copies.
Toggled Screen Overlay On/OFF
Disabled all non-essential running Apps
Ran CyberPunk 2077 without a Launcher
Ran in Compatibility Mode
Ran in "As Administrator" Mode
Checked but DO NOT have any of those Sound Utilities such as A-Volute, Nahimic or Sonic Studio.
Crashing the game each day to send in regular reports to the DEV.

Edit: I just now copied all the game files from the previous version off my cloned back up from before 1.5. THIS version still runs great. So it is likely something new they did to the 1.5 game code (not that my hardware is failing). But now I can no longer send in crash reports nor troubleshot the issue. So I will just pray I am lucky and they fix the code in the next patch.

Last edited:
Since every answer is fair game, mine would be playing Cyberpunk 2077 on my PC, because it does not crash on my machine. Granted, I'm not denying the existence of said issue, I'm merely alluding to the fact that not everyone is affected.

Nothing. I haven't played since 1.5. Waiting on my favorite major mod to get updated. If there's a major crash issue now, I'll keep my fingers crossed that it gets fixed by the time the mod does.

Madae

Forum veteran
I've had some slowdown issues from reloading a bunch, or just from playing a long time, which might have eventually lead to a crash, but it usually became so bad that I had no choice but to restart the game, so it never got to that point. There was also the rare startup crash, but it never stopped me from relaunching the game and playing for long periods of time after. Other than that, I've had no problems with the current patch... or previous patches, tbqh. Those kind of issues might be a problem with the game, but it's just as likely that there's something wrong with your setup. Perhaps something is overheating, or perhaps there are hardware errors somewhere else; motherboard, videocard, memory, harddrive or even your BIOS settings. What does your event log/event viewer say after a crash?

"POLL! WHAT ARE YOU DOING WHILE WAITING FOR THE DEV TO FIX THE 1.5 PATCH PC CRASH ISSUE?"

Playing RE2R for now. Using the "Almost all enemies are Mr.X" mod which offers a lot of extra incentive.

Ive not been having any of the issues you're talking about but I dig your style with:
  • Playing (your game here) and pretending it is my V character on an off world mission.
Currently doing this on The Outer Worlds, which i'm now going to scream about: WHYYYYYY is there a level cap at 36 :giveup: .WHYYYYYY

Hope things get resolved quickly for you!

I have had only one crash so far and that was when I was fiddling with launch parameters. Nothing after that.

I just now copied all the game files from the previous version off my cloned back up from before 1.5. THIS version still runs great. So it is likely something new they did to the 1.5 game code (not that my hardware is failing). But now I can no longer send in crash reports nor troubleshot the issue. So I will just pray I am lucky and they fix the code in the next patch.
For now I am looking to reload in the creations kit for Fallout 4 to make another mod. But as my poor luck would have it Bethesda closed their launcher (their games are now back on the Steam launcher for PC ) and for now there is no (official) way to download the official PC mod tools for Fallout 4.

I am playing the game on PC, and I have only had a single crash in my entire playthrough of 240 hours. That crash occurred long before patch 1.5. No issues at all with this current patch.

For now I am looking to reload in the creations kit for Fallout 4 to make another mod. But as my poor luck would have it Bethesda closed their launcher (their games are now back on the Steam launcher for PC ) and for now there is no (official) way to download the official PC mod tools for Fallout 4.

I'm not sure where you're looking but the Beth launcher only gets retired in April. It's still functional and you can download both Skyrim's and Fallout 4's creation kits from it. Same way as always.

I am playing the game on PC, and I have only had a single crash in my entire playthrough of 240 hours. That crash occurred long before patch 1.5. No issues at all with this current patch.

Funny we have the opposite experience! :p
I was playing the game on PC, and had NOT one single crash in my entire playthrough of 300 hours. That occurred long before patch 1.5. CTD on game start with this current patch.

" According to reports from players, update 1.5 is causing new crashes on PC, amongst other issues. CDPR has indicated they’re aware of these problems"

Post automatically merged:

I'm not sure where you're looking but the Beth launcher only gets retired in April. It's still functional and you can download both Skyrim's and Fallout 4's creation kits from it. Same way as always.

Thank you so very much.
No wonder I could not find it on steam yet.

Last edited:
I shelved the game. Figuratively speaking since it’s a digital copy. I didn’t see any extea bugs or glitches, but it just didn’t grab me to try and run through it for the second time.

Perhaps when the game is wholly finished and ”expanded”… and in the mean time, I live my life normally without giving too much thought about videogames.

Perhaps when the game is wholly finished and ”expanded”… and in the mean time, I live my life normally without giving too much thought about videogames.

Wait, wow so this is the only Video game you play? Well I mean you must also play Witcher no? I say that because you are "mentor" status on this forum and it seems strange that you do not think about video games yet you spend so much time here on a game forum.
I must be misunderstanding what you meant.

Either way I wish I could be like you. But in my old age with my broken down body (too many years of combat sports and martial arts) this is what I have other than work and some theatrical prop making. I am just not cut out for throwing horseshoes or Bingo and drinking beer makes me sick to my stomach theses days.

Funny we have the opposite experience! :p
I was playing the game on PC, and had NOT one single crash in my entire playthrough of 300 hours. That occurred long before patch 1.5. CTD on game start with this current patch.

Well, I am sorry to hear you are having such serious issues. I hope they get fixed soon so you can play, I absolutely understand that it's frustrating!

Well, I am sorry to hear you are having such serious issues. I hope they get fixed soon so you can play, I absolutely understand that it's frustrating!

I am trying to keep a positive but realistic attitude. I got to play the perfect version of the game * and beat it to the ending I wanted, so I cannot complain all that much that I did not get my one year (was it two?) PREORDERED $ worth. However, I love the game and NC and would be sad if I could not play the DLC.

* by this I mean that I played day one version on win 7 with GTX 970 and for what ever reason with that combination I had NO game breaking bugs (game crash or quest breaking) and no immersion breaking bugs such as cars falling out of the sky as I have seen others have in the original release. That was my 300 hours (or so as I play off line so I do not have an accurate steam count of hours played). However for some reason I started getting the bugs others say they got after "upgrading" to win 10 and installing the newest versions of the game.

Top Bottom