POLL! What are you doing while waiting for the DEV to fix the 1.5 patch PC crash issue?

+

What are you doing while waiting for the DEV to fix the 1.5 patch PC crash issue?

• Hours of reading forum, readit, fan wiki sites for user end fixes.

• Cleaning obsolete and trash files I found on my hard drive while trying to fix the game.

• Learning more about Audio drivers than I ever wanted to in my life.

• Finding NEW WIN 10 Task Manager processes I did not realize 10 was running on my poor PC.

• Downloading and installing various “missing” DLL files the game may need.

• Watching videos of Xbox players kicking butt in their working CP2077 game.

• Wondering if I could get the game to run on my old Dreamcast.

• Pining for steam and their game dev to allow version rollback on the software I paid for.

• Playing (your game here) and pretending it is my V character on an off world mission.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Funny we have the opposite experience! :p
I was playing the game on PC, and had NOT one single crash in my entire playthrough of 300 hours. That occurred long before patch 1.5. CTD on game start with this current patch.

" According to reports from players, update 1.5 is causing new crashes on PC, amongst other issues. CDPR has indicated they’re aware of these problems"

Post automatically merged:

Thank you so very much.
No wonder I could not find it on steam yet.
You always play the same character? Can it be something about that save that became bugged when playing on tge 1.5 changes? Have you tried a new save to see?

You always play the same character? Can it be something about that save that became bugged when playing on tge 1.5 changes? Have you tried a new save to see?

Game crashes on launch. (Or did rather, as I am now back on game version pre 1.5 and the game works now.)

I just keep harassing all the gangs.
Not sure if bug or intended, but they all are getting very jumpy on seeing me from afar. Either way, it's warranted. I bring trouble.

Oh btw, 700+ hours by now. I slowed down since no new content duuh. Still a lot of time.

Wait, wow so this is the only Video game you play? Well I mean you must also play Witcher no? I say that because you are "mentor" status on this forum and it seems strange that you do not think about video games yet you spend so much time here on a game forum.
I must be misunderstanding what you meant.

Either way I wish I could be like you. But in my old age with my broken down body (too many years of combat sports and martial arts) this is what I have other than work and some theatrical prop making. I am just not cut out for throwing horseshoes or Bingo and drinking beer makes me sick to my stomach theses days.

I used to play a lot, but I’ve gradually lost my appetite for gaming in the past few years. New games especially since they so very rarely cater to me; and older games because, well, I’ve played them so many times.

One would think that evolving technology would offer cool opportunities to do all kinds different things with games as whole and the design methods of ”olden tymes”, but the opposite is what has happened. Simplicity to a fault, creative bankrupcy, mimicing popular titles and designs because it’s too ”risky” to do anything any different… It’s boring abd vapid and aside from a handful of indies and few strategy titles, the whole industry seems like a sellout in a perpetual creative draught.

And I also have some real life things going on right now that require my attention, so yeah…

One would think that evolving technology would offer cool opportunities to do all kinds different things with games as whole and the design methods of ”olden tymes”, but the opposite is what has happened. Simplicity to a fault, creative bankrupcy, mimicing popular titles and designs because it’s too ”risky” to do anything any different… It’s boring abd vapid and aside from a handful of indies and few strategy titles, the whole industry seems like a sellout in a perpetual creative draught.

WOW I was just thinking this after watching the Bethesda guys talking about Starfield "lifepaths". At first it did not kick up any red flags in my mind because they are known for "borrowing" ideas all the time and most of the time they do not lie or try to hide that at all. In an interview for Skyrim Todd admitted they lifted the "off hand hand casting" thing from the Bioshock games.

And do not get me wrong, I say if it works then YES use it "ad nauseam" forever (as long as it works). I do not like change of a what is already a good feature for the sake of change.

But Jeez Louise this one this time (about the life paths) seem almost like they were saying "Hey everyone, we are going to do it better than Cyberpunk 2077"! to try to ride a little on the CPR's recent hype coattails.

Thanks in part to the internet and easy global market access, the big boys of the computer game industry stop trying to prove their product was an art form and started tying to prove they could make the fortune 500 instead.

Last edited:
I am hoping one of the players having the 1.51 PC crashing, now reports the game works for them now with the new 1.52 patch. I would love to try the new stuff this weekend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom