Poll: What Is Your Favorite Combat Style?

+

• Total voters

Up until recently, I've been an avid user of the attack/red skill tree, but in the last month, I've discovered that the alchemical/green skill tree is the hardest to master, but the easiest and funnest once you have done so. It's so incredibly O.P., once you get up to the higher levels.

Blue build - when you're feeling too lazy to switch swords, kill'em with fire
Green build - when you're feeling too lazy to dodge
Red build - ok, let's see how much of this scum I can kill with one whirl / how many damage Rend will do.

played on highest difficulty

The first walkthrough I used feline set and quick attack stile. I thought its better not to be hit at all. It is funny and very similar to Witcher 2 game expirience.

In new game + I tried different styles and was astonished, that bear set and Protective Coating skill makes you almost invulnerable to majority monsters (2 bruxas - easy fight). I was damaged only by different monster's abilities like poison (just drink golden oriole) or archespore's outgrowth explosion.
So now my favorite armor set is light bear set (with runic word Levity) =)
But it is rather hard to fight with mages!

And with mutation, There is interesting synergy of skill "Acquired Tolerence" + mutation "Euphoria" + runic word "Replenishment". Replenish sword by igni makes it deal double damage in next attack. So euphoria bonus doubled. With Razor Focus (or Maribor forest) you start battle with adrenaline point, So igni + strong attack and lesser Vampire lose half hp.

Now I started new game and want to try Griffin set with max sign power.

Last edited:
Alchemy. Weak at first but ridicolous late game. especially with the new mutation. High sword dps, high sign entensity, bombs, and a ridicous amount of tankiness. puts combat and signs to shame

I go full on fast attack, à la Butcher of Blaviken. I rush in and whirl at the fuckers and backstab them until you can see their insides. I know it works because I'm level 43.

I parry a lot , especially with bandits, I like how Gerald moves, I counter a lot and like to back slash them. If there are a lot I will igni some to keep them at bay for awhile....shielded dudes....I Axii them. Monsters aswell I like to make the battles last longer (even lesser/common monsters) I dodge a lot and my focus is not to get hit. I will use signs as a last ditch attempt. I could quite easily just slash everything (started B&W at level 45 on standard playthrough, so most enemies were a push over if I went then hack and slash route)

I guess i preffer what what I call the "thinking battle"......... ;)

Alchemy. Weak at first but ridicolous late game. especially with the new mutation. High sword dps, high sign entensity, bombs, and a ridicous amount of tankiness. puts combat and signs to shame

So, so true. It's nearly useless, early on, but a lean, green, killing machine, once you level up a bit.

There's no option "for all green".. thats what I like(and no I allways dodge lol). I never even touch red. Havent done that since I completed the game for the first time.

It's the third option from the top. It's listed as "Alchemy (Green)".

Tank Geralt wearing heavy armor + equipment that maximize crit chance and dmg + mostly strong attacks + maximized Aard + bombs (mostly northern wind) + oils. And a bit of Axii. Very little alchemy unless for specific purposes.

Last edited:
There's no option "for all green".. thats what I like(and no I allways dodge lol). I never even touch red. Havent done that since I completed the game for the first time.

Rly? Oh man, you need to try whirl! Tight space+fire+whirl=PROFIT

I always end up in some sort of hybrid build. Keeps the game intresting. Its pretty much every rpg, i never "specilize" in one thing.

Last edited:
Whirl can be blocked and you can be staggered by human bosses/captain.

Fast Rend is unstoppable.

Hybrid Build here.....green + red + yellow

Top Bottom