[Poll] What kind of "role" do you want to play/lean into? (thread for fun)

+

What "role" will you play first?

• Damage, Quick (automatic/high fire rate)

• Damage, Heavy (low fire rate, but hard hitting)

• Tank (high survivability)

• Support, Intelligence (Int based buff/debuff

• Support, Tech (tech based

• Stealth (sneaking/assassination)

• Diplomacy (avoid combat where possible)

Results are only viewable after voting.
In RPGs people often lean towards a role depending on their build. I know it's a little ludicrous to ask this when the answer in the game kinda HAS to be "damage dealer" and that CP77 probably won't really have roles in this sense, but I still think it is an interesting thought. Kinda, "if you can, what playstyle will you lean into" type of deal.

For instance, I'm usually a person who likes to heal and have high survivability. I like to stay in the fight and make sure others (if there are any) can do so as well so that we can outlast our enemies. Healer isn't really a role in this because we have no companions (or healing skills to my knowledge), so I'm leaning towards the tanky side. Damage mitigation/reduction and survivability while in the thick of combat.

You can vote for two options since people will be able to have some amount of versatility in their kit it seems.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Stealth, primarily. I was initially contemplating going for a fast-solo type but since wall-running is not a thing anymore (or is it? still not 100% sure on that) i'll go for stealth - tried and true. If or when that fails, or whenever the need for lethal solutions arises i'll probably switch to high powered close-range single shot/slash mode. Not sure how many one hit kills we'll be able to do in this game though, seeing how it's designed (levels and all) but i'd make for a worthwile thing to strive for, at the very least. The glass cannon types can be a fun challenge to build and play.

...but since wall-running is not a thing anymore (or is it?...
It seems they did get rid of the mechanic.
"Ah, the wall running - that is something that we removed due to design reasons, but there's still going to be a lot of flexibility in how you move, that's for sure." -Max Pears

I'm super sad about that as well. It would have made both stealth and combat so much more interesting. I'm guessing the "design reasons" had something to do with animations and gameplay. Maybe they were just running into issues with clipping and targeting that were bad for both the player and enemies who also performed such things? It sucks, but I suppose it is better than an enemy jumping on you and sending you both through the map's floor and into oblivion. (especially since they don't have the rights to use Elder Scolls content)

Voted "int support" and "tech support", but that's not enough for my character.

I am going to play a corp who is moderate at most with guns (and head on combat altogether), but excells in intelligence and tech based stuff (engineering, hacking, diplomacy, commerce) with a bit of stealth.

I'm supposed to try and make some sort of in-character let's play about it, since I promised to someone, but I'll have to see how it's going to work with this game.

A failed diplomat who will have to kill everyone because of those fails.
Diplomacy is a delicate thing! :shrug:
Voted "int support" and "tech support", but that's not enough for my character.

I am going to play a corp who is moderate at most with guns (and head on combat altogether), but excells in intelligence and tech based stuff (engineering, hacking, diplomacy, commerce) with a bit of stealth.

I'm supposed to try and make some sort of in-character let's play about it, since I promised to someone, but I'll have to see how it's going to work with this game.
Yea I also wanted to select all the options, and even options that didn't exist. I'm planning on doing a little of everything.

Yea I also wanted to select all the options, and even options that didn't exist. I'm planning on doing a little of everything.
Yea, I'm in the same boat since I want to go a little of everything, but I felt adding options for every possible combo or letting people vote for 5 different options was just going to skew the results. Think of it similar to like "what are the two you're most interested in/will start out doing" in addition to those who are planning more specialized builds. For instance, I personally want to go for heavy hitting weapons, but I chose Tank+Diplomacy because that's what I see myself focusing on the most. I can fall back on my good 'ol shotgun in addition to them.

"Damage (heavy)" although not in the sense of being body focussed or using heavy weapons but as a crit build based on high Reflexes and Cool, mixed with some "Stealth".

Damage, Quick and Stealth. I'll explain.

As someone who's not very experienced with RPG as a whole, I want my first playthrough to be mostly open-world FPS experience with a lot of freedom. I plan on building a character that is diverse and can function with a huge variety of tools effectively, although I do realize that I'll lock myself out of some deeper options with that decision.

Now, the second run is going to be a bit more specific. I have no idea what I'll chose after I beat the game once, but I do plan on getting deeper with certain skills, depending on preferences developed during the first playthrough, various in-game consequences, plot options, etc, etc, etc.

I plan on experiencing as much as I can eventually, combining lifepaths with skillsets and choices and exploration and my affiliation with the in-game factions. I feel like I'm going to be all set for the entire year of 2021, if not further.

Charisma
Stealth
Netrunning
Sniper Rifles
Melee

Those are my core faves and I am definitely looking to make a cyber-ninja/samurai

Will be rocking a nice black bike. If I talk my way out of things I will slice or ghost it through.

I gotta say that two things have really surprised me so far...

1. LOT of people saying they're looking forward to the stealth approach (14/27 votes at time of writing). I knew it would be a popular approach, but this is a lot more than I anticipated.

2. Not many people interested in Intelligence based gameplay aka: hacking and impairing enemies in/out of combat (2/27 votes at time of writing). The approach CP2077 seems to be taking does seem a little confusing, but admittedly pretty cool. Start a fight by making someone's grenade self destruct and blow up half the group. I figured more people would be interested in this especially how well it seems it would compliment a stealth approach.

Sild

Ex-moderator
2. Not many people interested in Intelligence based gameplay aka: hacking and impairing enemies in/out of combat (2/27 votes at time of writing). The approach CP2077 seems to be taking does seem a little confusing, but admittedly pretty cool. Start a fight by making someone's grenade self destruct and blow up half the group. I figured more people would be interested in this especially how well it seems it would compliment a stealth approach.

People seem to go with what they know they enjoy, traditionally. You're right about it being confusing, and we've only just seen a tiny bit of it. There's also probably a bit of unkowingly mixing up tech with int. There's definitely an interest in that style of play.

Top Bottom