[Poll] What kind of "role" do you want to play/lean into? (thread for fun)

+

What "role" will you play first?

• Damage, Quick (automatic/high fire rate)

• Damage, Heavy (low fire rate, but hard hitting)

• Tank (high survivability)

• Support, Intelligence (Int based buff/debuff

• Support, Tech (tech based

• Stealth (sneaking/assassination)

• Diplomacy (avoid combat where possible)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I voted stealth but I never do it, want to but don't have the patience and suck at it in general lol.
Usually I just put a bucket on the heads of NPC's and then they can't see me :shrug:
I gotta say that two things have really surprised me so far...

1. LOT of people saying they're looking forward to the stealth approach (14/27 votes at time of writing). I knew it would be a popular approach, but this is a lot more than I anticipated.

2. Not many people interested in Intelligence based gameplay aka: hacking and impairing enemies in/out of combat (2/27 votes at time of writing). The approach CP2077 seems to be taking does seem a little confusing, but admittedly pretty cool. Start a fight by making someone's grenade self destruct and blow up half the group. I figured more people would be interested in this especially how well it seems it would compliment a stealth approach.
Honestly, sincerely, I have no idea where you got these ideas from. I'm just saying, but I'm shocked you were led to believe that such few people cared about stuff like that. That stuff is super fun! I definitely care! :D

Just saying. :shrug: :)(y)

Honestly, sincerely, I have no idea where you got these ideas from. I'm just saying, but I'm shocked you were led to believe that such few people cared about stuff like that. That stuff is super fun! I definitely care! :D

Just saying. :shrug: :)(y)
Well, I can appreciate your personal opinion on stealth being fun, but there are plenty who feel barging in guns blazing is also fun. I simply stated that I did not anticipate over 50% of the votes to go towards only 1 of the 7 presented options. Typically, statistics suggests a more even spread is the norm.

Last edited:
Well, I can appreciate your personal opinion on stealth being fun, but there are plenty who feel barging in guns blazing is also fun. I simply stated that I did not anticipate over 50% of the votes to go towards only 1 of the 7 presented options. Typically, statistics suggests a more even spread is the norm.
I also intend to go in guns blazing as well. I'm never going to fully commit 100% to any play style. I will always use what is best for each individual given situation.

I also intend to go in guns blazing as well. I'm never going to fully commit 100% to any play style. I will always use what is best for each individual given situation.
That's a great way to go about things though I think there will be limited amount of stats and skills we can get so we cant me Jack of All Trades sort of character.
I presume however that they will have some respec system as well just incase we feel like we want to try other play styles in middle of a playthrough

I am so surprised how many want to sneak around and avoid combat but those two options are far and away leading .

Well, the vast majority of the character progression is combat based, and almost everything else have been ripped off of the game (or was never implemented), so one does with what is available.

That's a great way to go about things though I think there will be limited amount of stats and skills we can get so we cant me Jack of All Trades sort of character.
I presume however that they will have some respec system as well just incase we feel like we want to try other play styles in middle of a playthrough
I am so surprised how many want to sneak around and avoid combat but those two options are far and away leading .
This kind of why I hope that there is a very good New Game + that saves all my skills, perks, armor, clothing, weapons, cyber mods, weapon mods, cars, bikes, character level, and 100% of everything, so that I can continue in New Game + and just keep leveling up and 100% max max max (110%?) the entire game/my character, and get all the skills and the highest stats on one character. I even want to reach a point where V has 100% of all cyber mods on their body at the same time + 100% of all dialogue options from all life paths at the same time all 100% available.

Honestly, I only want to go through the tedium of leveling up one time. After that, when I start a new game, and I want to use New Game + so that I can just jump right back into the game using a highly powerful V, and just immediately be able to do whatever I want and experience and enjoy the story. Just because I'm powerful doesn't mean that I don't have restraint and self control.

I will probably roleplay as a character that isn't as powerful in the beginning on my second playthrough until I feel that I'm in a good position to show off my true powerlevel. In another playthrough I may simply just go right from the start and use my full abilities and see how the game handles it. It will be very fun and interesting for me to see what the game feels like on my first run, VS when I start another run and I'm just the fastest smartest strongest top dog, lion like big boss in Night City (and all the NPC's have no idea yet) I just want to feel unstoppable and have my fun silly little power trip in a video game and just enjoy it.

(I don't like playing as bad guy, the closest I will get is a good guy verion of Dio from JoJo's bizarre adventure anime, which I don't even like, just has cool things in it) But I still like the idea of roleplaying as a "bad guy" because if Night City is full of bad guys and I'm the hero, they will view me as the bad guy for being against the bad guys. Lol!

I 100% do want to experience the game the way it is meant to be experienced, However, I do want to eventually get to the point where the game just takes the approach and says to me "Have your fun, do whatever you want, you're powerful enough" and I don't want it at the end of the game when it's already too late to enjoy it. I want it right at the beginning so I can enjoy the whole game like that. (of course, my first playthrough will just be a 100% unfiltered non-gmo organic biologique first cold press extra virgin olive oil experience)

After that though, I wanna feel like a super hero on every New Game + after. Real New Game plus. No sugar coated New Game minus. :think: I'm even gonna New Game ++ my New Game +'s so I can just keep playing the game in different ways with my favorite lovingly crafted and developed and trained super hero of a character.

Last edited:
Probably Nomad with something support-based; however i really love the weapon designs in this game, and the long-ranged sniper type weapons look like something i'd really lean heavily into.
Yea everything is so cool that it's just so difficult to not use absolutely everything :eek:(y)
I can't wait! :howdy: :)

It's not a deliberate, conscious choice but I tend to gravitate towards stealth and long range kills in my games (Fallout 3, 4, DX:HR and Skyrim. WItcher 3 doesn't have that option else I'd be a stealthy Geralt too). So I suppose my first attempt at CP2077 will reflect that.

It's not a deliberate, conscious choice but I tend to gravitate towards stealth and long range kills in my games (Fallout 3, 4, DX:HR and Skyrim. WItcher 3 doesn't have that option else I'd be a stealthy Geralt too). So I suppose my first attempt at CP2077 will reflect that.
Nothing quite like the feeling of being a cool cyberninja sneaking into the bad guys secret base and hacking it all in a good video game (or movie) :ROFLMAO:

Stealth for the peons, diplomacy for the social encounters.

I say stealth but it turns into a cat and mouse game. Murder a goon, hide the body, murder a goon, hide the body, etc. until the room is cleared. Move on. Rinse and repeat.

When the boss fight happens:
1) reason with the boss, if that fails
2) fight boss
And
3) if given the choice, try and reason with the boss again. If that fails kill the boss.

a successful reason to me doesn’t mean the boss agrees to not fight you at that moment. It means the boss surrenders to you. They either join you or fuck off back to the hole they came from.

hacking is also essential because exploratory capabilities are a must have.

Last edited:
I'll go ahead and bump this just in case anyone else wanted to either cast their votes or discuss possible playstyles.
I also got rid of the original Dec 2nd deadline since the game got delayed past it.

Probably I'll end up playing it multiple times, specially if there is a new game + option.

The role I'm really looking foward playing just for fun is the "Mighty Glacier": no speed, no evasion, only raw power - the most perilous snail of Night City. If I get, for example, 25 points with 5 stats, mine would probably be:

Body: 10
Reflexes: 2
Cool: 2
Intelligence: 2
Technical: 9

No stealth at all. I want to be as smooth and discrete as ninja Lion Man with his rocket backpack (the japanese series).
Shotgun + Hammer + Arm grenade launcher + body armor + technical knowledge to upgrade then.
That's it, no finesse at all. Just raw and brute power.

My diplomacy will be based on people thinking that my dumbness is what makes me not perilous at all ("Oh gawd, this guy is too dumb to betray me").
My stealth will be a grenade bashing in the windows of my enemies bases.
My reflexes are the heavy armor, implants, thick skin, the power to kill before getting hit, and the restart button of the game - that's all my defense game right there.

Top Bottom