[Poll] What kind of "role" do you want to play/lean into? (thread for fun)

+

What "role" will you play first?

• Damage, Quick (automatic/high fire rate)

• Damage, Heavy (low fire rate, but hard hitting)

• Tank (high survivability)

• Support, Intelligence (Int based buff/debuff

• Support, Tech (tech based

• Stealth (sneaking/assassination)

• Diplomacy (avoid combat where possible)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I used to go stealth, but that almost invariably went sideways pretty quick. Now words are my weapon of choice, but a high caliber hand canon is also useful for resolving difficult disputes.

Solo I tend to do stealth characters. Multi-player I do an Enchanter in Everquest, the ultimate in support characters (and can't solo for beans).

What do you call the "set everything up and let my toys do rest of the work for me" playstyle?

Tech? Intel?

I developed an interest in such a playstyle after I played Factorio and found the drones really handy for doing mundane tasks like moving items around and constructing the same "factories" for the umpteenth time.

The game is unfortunately a factory simulator and doesn't really lean into what can be done with drones other than as a tool to patch over transportation problems and the dreariness of having to build a complicated factory more than once to scale production.
Post automatically merged:

I used to go stealth, but that almost invariably went sideways pretty quick.
On a side note, I really wish stealth games would give us more information like the view cones of the enemies and their patrol paths (without us having to sit around to see it).

Stealth for me has always been "stealth & save scumming" due to inability to execute plans as a result of insufficient information - although I admit my impatience is partly to blame; I ain't got time to "wait and see", just bloody tell me!

Last edited:
I'm just going to take on the role of a street vendor and gain control of night city by selling highly addictive pork buns. Not sure what skill set that falls under..

Probably maximum cool and inteligence. And a lot of Perks to elevate the pork buns DPS.

I chose tank because you invariably do more damage if you're still alive. I'm not quite sure what kind of weapons I'll be using but I'll be doing a strong solo with some hacking and stealth. There's some weapon types I'm probably not really all that interested in. I could honestly probably mostly use pistols & mantis blades/katana. Melee stuff with the Body attribute play well together, and Body's also used for tanking. Reflexes is for blades & handguns so I'll probably get that up pretty high. Athletics from Body will also help with blades. I'll probably have Body & Reflexes with similar point distribution, then Intelligence (for hacking) the next highest, with a few in Cool for stealth and assassination stuff. I will probably pass on the Technical tree unless bits from it end up being super useful.

Planning on being a corpo net runner first, that is just on a ruthless path back to the top.

So im not sure how that will translate into gameplay yet, I guess high intelligence and ill probably want to be able to sneak as well, but also being a corpo ill obviously want whatever "diplomacy" options there are.

Since there is no option for all, I guess ill vote on the diplomacy as it seems most fitting.

I know im going to have fun making johnny rage with this path. He aint gona like being stuck with me on my first play through.

It seems they did get rid of the mechanic.
"Ah, the wall running - that is something that we removed due to design reasons, but there's still going to be a lot of flexibility in how you move, that's for sure." -Max Pears

I'm super sad about that as well. It would have made both stealth and combat so much more interesting. I'm guessing the "design reasons" had something to do with animations and gameplay. Maybe they were just running into issues with clipping and targeting that were bad for both the player and enemies who also performed such things? It sucks, but I suppose it is better than an enemy jumping on you and sending you both through the map's floor and into oblivion. (especially since they don't have the rights to use Elder Scolls content)

I think a big reason was level design. Like, the player being able to get anywhere they wanted throguh wall climb/run was to difficult to design/balance the world for.

A stealthy Street-Kid Netrunner.

Going to go with hybrid gunslinging build though, likely pistols unless they underperform to a degree to be impractical. Maybe SMGs. The katana is cool and all and I'm glad it's in the game for people who want to use it as their primary, but I plan to have V be the type of solo who'd never bring a knife to a potential gunfight. Besides, there are always mantis blades to fall back on as a key secondary weapon or for use in situations where enemies aren't aware of V's presence.

I don't remember if I discussed my conceptual build before, but I plan on running a Nomad background version of the old "spaghetti western", Clint Eastwood, "Man with no name." A quick, gunfighter type having a motorcycle instead of a horse. I may not be able to design exactly what I visualize, but I plan on getting as close as I can.

This is clearly a game in which talking, dialogue with NPCs is fundamental, so having points in communication very important to further enjoy the game RPG style.

I love stealth. Dishonored, Prey 2017, Metal Gear Solid 5, Batman Arkham City and I might be the only person alive who enjoys the Stealth in an Assassin's Creed title.

This is especially true when I manage to stumble upon intresting passage ways and can overhear the NPCs, like the giant peeping Tom that I am.

Am replaying Thief : Deadly Shadows as I type this. Need to wait for a guard to turn the corner.

Stealth is always fun I think, having to observe and execute your enemies.

But I have several different things I would like to try.

1. Trying to avoid combat as much as possible, simply because it sounds interesting. But if violence is needed then that will be ok.

2. Two options that could be fun to try as well is, to do whatever Silverhand want and see how far that goes and the opposite to try to do as little as possible and piss him off :D A specific build might not be as important here I think.

3. Then I think it could be fun to try to go all out corp and just do whatever they want, like being a real prick, if that is what it takes :D

Its a hard say for me since I usually play polar opposites of either hard tank or as stealthy as I'm able. I'll have to wait until I play to see how the combat is to properly decide, but I'll probably start with the intent of a stealth/intelligence run.

My favorite roles are they ones that play themselves. I prefer a strategic/kiting difficulty than making sure I get my rotations in JUST right.

The stealthly plays are crazy fun.

The problem games are having with them is sometimes it looks funny on screen. Like you are crouched right in front of them and they cant see you.

Or they discover a body you left and they go on alert, "Is someone there? I will find who did this!"

Then you stay crouched and they just walk away. "Must be my imagination." LOL

I don't remember if I discussed my conceptual build before, but I plan on running a Nomad background version of the old "spaghetti western", Clint Eastwood, "Man with no name." A quick, gunfighter type having a motorcycle instead of a horse. I may not be able to design exactly what I visualize, but I plan on getting as close as I can.

If I were me I probably wouldnt last long as Clint Eastwood. Id be pointing my gun at everyone walking on grass and saying, "get off my lawn!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom