(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
There is no "I couldn't care less" option, because this poll is meant to show what the general consensus of opinions is.
That doesn’t make sense. If the general consensus of opinion were that people don’t care about her design then surely that would be worth noting as well.

That doesn’t make sense. If the general consensus of opinion were that people don’t care about her design then surely that would be worth noting as well.

Read the title: "What's your constructive opinion on Ciri's design ?"
Not caring isn't constructive.

Hope that cleared up the confusion~

Seems good to me, but I'd make her hair more blondie and less gray. Oh and her face... maybe ''less Triss'' :p

Last edited:
Read the title: "What's your constructive opinion on Ciri's design ?"
Not caring isn't constructive.

Hope that cleared up the confusion~

Kinda edgy today aren't we?
Oh but that smiling face makes it all go away haha. I had to say it, I'm sitting here laughing like an idiot.

She looks ok but would be nice for some changes.

Make sure she does not look anything like Triss.
Need to see more of Ciri before i can say.

you guys should collect all the quotes from the book about Ciri's appearance and compile them neatly.

You'll all make a stronger case for changes.

Kinda edgy today aren't we?
Oh but that smiling face makes it all go away haha. I had to say it, I'm sitting here laughing like an idiot.

When it comes to Ciri, it always gets cirious my friend.

So thanks to everyone who puts up with my over the top fanatism, especially the mods.
I'd like to use my chance to greet @ReptilePZ here and provoke an animated gif~

you guys should collect all the quotes from the book about Ciri's appearance and compile them neatly. You'll all make a stronger case for changes.

That's a great idea actually~

I'll add more to this as I find em.

From Times of Contempt:
‘A girl, about fourteen years old. Ashen hair, big green eyes... Before we had time to
contemplate it, the girl began to prophesy. She told about the events in Dol Angra. No one
had any doubts she was telling the truth. She was in a trance, those in a trance don’t lie.’

The gray-haired girl who had struck him a moment ago was fast, was incredible agile as a cat who was protecting her
kittens. But the white-haired monster who jumped upon the Scoia’tael was like a Zerrikanian tiger. The gray-haired girl from Cintra, who, for unknown reason, had not killed him, had seemed to be crazy.

Until the day when a girl appeared, ashen haired, tight-lipped and agile as an acrobat, who
knew nothing about the Rats.

From Baptism of Fire:
And maybe I’ll finally learn who Ciri really is. Cirilla, Queen of the North to them, but to me an
ash-haired little girl from Kaer Morhen, who I remember as a younger sister.

“Falka's her name. She's ridden with The Rats since the summer. She's the newcomer ...”
The newcomer, assessed Tuzik, was not much older than his daughter, Milenka. The ash-blond hair
of the young rogue fell in wisps from under her red velvet beret, topped with a bouquet of pheasant
feathers that protruded arrogantly. Around her neck she wore a silk scarf of burning poppy colour,
tied in a fancy bow.

From The Tower of the Swallow/The Swallow's Tower:
‘I record the following,’ Vysogota dipped his pen into the ink. ‘It is passed the third hour
after the operation. Diagnosis – vulnus incisivum, a laceration inflicted with considerable
force by an unknown object, probably a curved blade. The wound begins under the eye
socket on the left cheek and runs through the temporal region towards the ear. The deepest
part of the wound, which reaches the periosteum, starts under the eye socket. The estimated
time that has passed since the wounds were inflicted until the time of the first treatment, ten
hours.’

‘As for the patient,’ he murmured, ‘let it be recorded as follows. She appeared to be about
sixteen years of age, tall, her formation is rather thin, but at least it is not weak, showing no
signs of malnutrition. Muscle and physique are rather typical of a young elf, but I have not
noticed any other characteristics of mixing... even quadroon inclusive. A lower percent of
elven blood, as is known, can leave no trace.’

She finished eating and lay down on the cushions. For a while she looked at the ceiling as
if dead then turned her head. Her extraordinary green eyes, Vysogota thought again, gives
her face a look of childlike innocence, which at the moment shows through her horribly
maimed cheek. Vysogota knew this kind of beauty – the large eyes of an eternal child, was an
appearance that produced in instinctive sympathy. A girl eternal, even when she is twenty,
even after her thirtieth birthday had fallen into oblivion. Yes, Vysogota knew this kind of
beauty. His second wife was the same. His daughter also.

From The Lady of the Lake:
This was demonstrated by the slender body, the strange hair colour and the voice. He was sure that if she turned around he would see big almond shaped eyes. And if she swept her ashen hair back he would see ears ending
in points.

‘Ciri,’ she said unthinkingly, twisting her shoulders to better position the clothes drying
on her skin. She spoke with a strange accent. Her eyes were green and huge...
She instinctively brushed back her wet hair and the knight sighed involuntary. Not only
because her ear was normal, human and in no way elven. Her cheek was marred by a huge,
ugly scar. She had been injured. But how can you injure a fairy?

Galahad could look calmly and without superstitious fear at her mouse coloured hair, which
to his amazement now that it was dry, was traversed by shiny streaks of grey. He could now
look at her slender hands, her little nose, her pale lips, her male clothing with a strange cut,
made with an extremely delicate fabric. And her sword, with its strange design and
ornaments, but did not seem like an ornament for parades. And her bare feet, covered with
the dry sand of the beach.

Overall it feels like they got pretty close with her design, though we can't tell for certain until we see her from the front and relative to other characters. I feel like it's too hard to tell how 'Triss-like' she looks from just the profile. Given that she is around 20 at this point and everything she has probably gone through - her time with the Rats, being in different worlds, and who knows what else by this point, I think she fits as Ciri. I think as she has aged her hair lost its initial blonde-ness (which is very common in real life) which can account for any discrepancies there. Plus I think CDRP certainly is allowed some creative choices as they see fit (like changing Triss' eye color, etc).

Last edited:
I voted Okay but i'm more between Okay and Bad.
I totally agree with the people that said she looks too pretty and model like.It's the same old sex appeal marketing bs.The only thing i really liked was the hair.At least i hope they get the scar right.It should be an ugly scar and not a scar that adds character and makes Ciri look bad ass.She's supposed to be deformed.
Also i 100% agree with the poster that mentioned Maisie Williams.I'm not referring to Ciri/Arya personality similarities but Maisie's face.Perfect for Ciri.
Ciri is not beautiful.Her more striking feature that draws attention is her eyes.And i doubt that her body is too shapely or very feminine.Ask Auberon. ;) :lol:

I'll add more to this as I find em.

[...]

Nice collection, thanks.

Only the occasionally very bad translation really hurts my eyes... :p

@bilbobaggins
For an Aen Elle every human body is vile. They see humans more as animals perhaps comparable to like we humans see primates. Would you find the body of a gorilla lady attractive?... ;)

Last edited:
To me this is still the perfect depiction of Ciri:

View attachment 4056

In that picture/painting she has every trait and characteristics described in the books (childlike, innocent look but somehow dangerous, not really beautiful but somehow attractive and definitely not ugly, perfect hair, perfect facial expression, eyes, just EVERYTHING...).

Overall the artist of the Spanish book covers should be named the official Witcher artist by Sapkowski himself. Each one of his portraits is almost exactly the same as I imagined them in my brain while reading. It's like the artist entered my brain and took out all the images to bring them to paper, it's astonishing. I wish every character in the game would look like the ones depicted on the covers of the Spanish book version... :)

View attachment 4061
Perfect Geralt...

View attachment 4059
Perfect Dandelion...

View attachment 4062
Perfect Triss...

View attachment 4063
Perfect Yennefer...

Attachments

• ESciri.jpg
    ESciri.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 489
  • ESdandelion.jpg
    ESdandelion.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 60
  • ESgeralt2.jpg
    ESgeralt2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 60
  • EStriss2.jpg
    EStriss2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 51
  • ESyennefer2.jpg
    ESyennefer2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Different people have different interpretations. Just because this is how you imagine the characters doesn't make it the interpretation that is closest to canon.

Different people have different interpretations. Just because this is how you imagine the characters doesn't make it the interpretation that is closest to canon.
Of course people have different imaginations. And I just spoke about myself. Haven't you read that my whole post began with TO ME ???

Top Bottom