(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Yes, that's one vision of her look, but please, make this teenager grow up.... she's not Peter Pan
I'm -fine- with how she looks like in the trailer. Just wanted to let people know that she isn't supposed to look cute or attractive.

I think she looks fine.

But imo it's a bit too early to tell for certain since most likely all the major characters will look more or less different 8 months from now.

I really like the design of ciri. The first time I've seen it in the trailer I was flushed. Not so much flushed than for Yennefer, but she is amazing.
You can recognize her even in the few seconds we've got a blink of her. So I think this is a evidence that she is great designed.

Another point: Someone of you regognized that CDPR maybe deliberately didn't show her left side of her face? :)

She was definately not unattractive when she grew up though.
Everyone she met in the books fell in love with her (Jarre, Cahir, Mistle and many other side-characters...).

But exactly that makes the scar so wounding.
She's a beautiful woman, but the wound inflicted to her in her past can't be erased
and still weighs on her, makes others shy away from her, a flaw that can't be fixed~
Aside from her enchanting eyes, I never got the impression that what these characters fell in love with was her looks, but rather her character and personality.

This is how she's supposed to look like according to the books: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121227211735/witcher/images/e/ed/Ciri_full.png
Grey haired, plain faced, scarred and with rather distinctive eyes.
That, I feel, is a near-perfect representation of Ciri. Very close to what I saw before me when reading the books. JustAnoR's interpretation of Ciri is also incredibly good, of course, but that image there is... wow! Obviously they would have to add five or six years to that image, but I had hoped CDPR would draw inspiration from that or JustAnoR. What we have so far is disappointing in that regard.

Last edited:
I really like the design of ciri. The first time I've seen it in the trailer I was flushed. Not so much flushed than for Yennefer, but she is amazing.
You can recognize her even in the few seconds we've got a blink of her. So I think this is a evidence that she is great designed.

:)

YES! But it seems that doesn't happen with Yen.... why? We conclude that woman is Yen by her black and white dresses, her necklace and a weird curly hair, but we don't recognize her at hte first blink.... I, personally, doubt for few seconds.... because I suposed that CDPR already KNOWS Yen....

That, I feel, is a near-perfect representation of Ciri. Very close to what I saw before me when reading the books. JustAnoR's interpretation of Ciri is also incredibly good, of course, but that image there is... wow! I had hoped CDPR would draw inspiration from that or JustAnoR. What we have so far is disappointing in that regard.
Hah, I feel the same about that image, but the Ciri shown in the trailer seems perfect to me in that regard. Weird!

I think Ciri is just perfect. And in The Lady of the Lake it's stated that her hair is grey if I remember correctly. Maybe someone could open such a poll for Yen or add one to the "Perfect Yennefer" thread?

I like the Ciri from the trailers, I mean she has grown up since the books and it show.
My only critique, which is the same as most people in this thread, is the hair color. Put some blond streak of hair on her head and instead of white a bit more gray and then mix those two tegether. And I don't really like the hairstyle. For any other character it's fine, I like the style but not for Ciri. Ciri needs to have hair in front of her left side of her face, to hide the scar.

YES! But it seems that doesn't happen with Yen.... why? We conclude that woman is Yen by her black and white dresses, her necklace and a weird curly hair, but we don't recognize her at hte first blink.... I, personally, doubt for few seconds.... because I suposed that CDPR already KNOWS Yen....
Oh I know what you are thinking! It's what I've been thinking ever since I saw the trailer..And that little snipet in the end!

I'm not sure, but my little brother loves her.

Yeah, yeah, I'm crying for this

I like the Ciri from the trailers, I mean she has grown up since the books and it show.
My only critique, which is the same as most people in this thread, is the hair color. Put some blond streak of hair on her head and instead of white a bit more gray and then mix those two tegether. And I don't really like the hairstyle. For any other character it's fine, I like the style but not for Ciri. Ciri needs to have hair in front of her left side of her face, to hide the scar.
If you look closer you can see blonde streaks, and if I remember well she used to tie her hair so that hairstyle is not so wrong. Then we can't know how her left cheek is because we can't see that in the trailer, but I hope the scar is there. With that hairstyle however is easy to think she covers her cheek with a large strand of hair.

I was just glad to finally see her(and other characters I might add) and was amazed when I finally got a chance to put a face to the character. Well CDPR's take of Ciri at least. Since all books are yet to be translated to english I've yet to have a complete picture of her character, and how much she develops over the books. The Ciri I've met still makes a case about the word 'analogy'(she's so adorable :rolleyes:) and seeing her as an adult(Witcher 3 will be seven+ years or so since the books) would only be logical.

I reckon there even was a tear or two from the most bitten Ciri fans when seeing her in the trailer, but I wouldn't know what any fan would have against her design? Not at this time at least when we've seen so little. If I may say so, I think CDPR have done a good job, and I trust them. They're fans themselves as we all know. I love you devs! You're doing great work! :thumbsup:

I don't think so, for me those are blond streaks, when the sun reflects her hair they seem lighter
But when it doesn't they are still there

I watched the trailer again and you're right. I was basing it on when she is looking behind her so the streaks were facing the sun.

View attachment 3737

Attachments

• Ciri BlondeSML.jpg
    Ciri BlondeSML.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 40
Top Bottom