(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
#TeamYennefer and #TeamTriss has a thread on it's own.
I kinda agree, but we are drifting away fromt he topic here.
(Not that I think there is anything more to say until we see more of Ciri)

#TeamYennefer and #TeamTriss has a thread on it's own.
I kinda agree, but we are drifting away fromt he topic here.
(Not that I think there is anything more to say until we see more of Ciri)

Yes, there always is something to say about Ciri~

Where does she have the belt with gemstones from ? It looks expensive.
What are your thoughts about the weapon she carries ?

...and I do like the upper half of her outfit, it looks like a pirate marauder shirt which really suits the character.

Yes, there always is something to say about Ciri~

Where does she have the belt with gemstones from ? It looks expensive.
What are your thoughts about the weapon she carries ?

...and I do like the upper half of her outfit, it looks like a pirate marauder shirt which really suits the character.
She carries Swallow, doesn't she?

About the pirate thing: ARRR ARR where's Geralt...and a bottle of rum

I don't think it is Swallow :O. Swallow should look really unique, the sword she has looks like a plain silver sword. Maybe it was put there for the sake of it, because Swallow wasn't ready or something.

About the gems, well she has been a thief before :p.

To me Ciri has to be like Arya from season4 Game Of thrones( and a bit older )

The major thing they both have in common is that they change to adapt to the cruel world they live in.
Both of them turn from tomboyish little kids into badasses~

...so I do see the parallel you're trying to build here.

About the pirate thing: ARRR ARR where's Geralt...and a bottle of rum

But... but... why's the rum always gone ?

About the gems, well she has been a thief before :p.

That's... that's a good point actually.
Her time with the Rats might explain why she carries this dagger/knife~

Last edited:
The major thing they both have in common is that they change to adapt to the cruel world they live in.
Both of them turn from tomboyish little kids into badasses~

...so I do see the parallel you're trying to build here.

Exactly, someone so fragile and yet strong minded (a personality in games that you can feel as a player)

When it comes to Ciri's body, posture and all of that jazz - they're pretty good. I don't know why people are criticizing that she's too well endowed when there's not enough canon information about such things, and she's supposed to be a bit grown up. As to why she's walking around with a belt encrusted with green jewelry around her waist - that's a mystery. Not sure I like that though, early art that showed her riding on a horse next to Geralt had a better, more "medieval" and simpler costume IMO.

But there are some serious problems when it comes to her hair and face. Most of them have already been described in this thread so I'll just quickly point them out - her hair color is wrong ("blonde" is an important part of ashen-blonde, while at this point the hair just looks silver) and her facial structure doesn't really reflect her looking like a sort of the person with beauty that would be "childish" even well into her thirties. Plus I always imagined Ciri with long hair, but that's nothing more then personal preference.

Overall Ciri's okay, and I understand that we haven't even seen enough to really judge, but, shit, change the design to reflect the books a bit more.

When it comes to Ciri's body, posture and all of that jazz - they're pretty good. I don't know why people are criticizing that she's too well endowed when there's not enough canon information about such things, and she's supposed to be a bit grown up. As to why she's walking around with a belt encrusted with green jewelry around her waist - that's a mystery. Not sure I like that though, early art that showed her riding on a horse next to Geralt had a better, more "medieval" and simpler costume IMO.

But there are some serious problems when it comes to her hair and face. Most of them have already been described in this thread so I'll just quickly point them out - her hair color is wrong ("blonde" is an important part of ashen-blonde, while at this point the hair just looks silver) and her facial structure doesn't really reflect her looking like a sort of the person with beauty that would be "childish" even well into her thirties. Plus I always imagined Ciri with long hair, but that's nothing more then personal preference.

Overall Ciri's okay, and I understand that we haven't even seen enough to really judge, but, shit, change the design to reflect the books a bit more.

Actually, if you look at that art, she is mostly covered by a cloak and the parts sticking out actually do largely match how she looked in the trailer - gauntlets/gloves were a little different and she appears to have had a longer skirt, but the more ornate parts would have been covered anyways and the boots and pants look pretty close from the little we've seen.

http://www.pixelitis.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/iUl5qIjciNnk5.png
http://i.imgur.com/TloSb4t.jpg

As for her hair, who knows what has happened to her while she has been gone. For all we know she's been hitting up some potions that have turned her hair 'white'. It's hard to tell exactly how long her hair really is since it is up, though I would imagine combat is far easier for her with it like that. Maybe she will let it down at some point? And if not - mods. Mods can make everyone happy. I feel like people might use the ladies in Claymore to tweak things.

Definitely want to see her full face and frontal design, especially to see just what kind of scar they gave her.

I have to say that the in-game Yen is growing on me with each time I watch the screenshot...

But Ciri...not so much. She just doesn't seem right to me, not how I thought of her.

Ciri's grown up, but I still think the degree is exaggerated to the point even of making me wonder whether it is really her.

Serious efforts to portray book Ciri in art have always made her short and wiry, and I do not think canon contradicts that. But the trailer Ciri is tall and broad-shouldered. It's too much change to be believed without wondering why.

What I think is that they have a live model for Ciri and used her without altering her proportions.

Ciri's grown up, but I still think the degree is exaggerated to the point even of making me wonder whether it is really her.

Serious efforts to portray book Ciri in art have always made her short and wiry, and I do not think canon contradicts that. But the trailer Ciri is tall and broad-shouldered. It's too much change to be believed without wondering why.

What I think is that they have a live model for Ciri and used her without altering her proportions.
book Ciri was 5'9 at the age of 16

Her height is pretty much canon

Last edited:
Top Bottom