(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Maybe it's meant to distract from the scar: some sort of personal "soul-comfort",
so she doesn't feel as ugly after what happened to the right side of her face~

She's almost the opposite of what I imagined from the books. She looks tall, very slender and almost elegant. I pictured Ciri as more compact, lithe, free flowing hair that's whit-ish blonde and a certain fierceness to her features. Her outfit seems somewhat conventional to me.

She's almost the opposite of what I imagined from the books. She looks tall, very slender and almost elegant. I pictured Ciri as more compact, lithe, free flowing hair that's whit-ish blonde and a certain fierceness to her features. Her outfit seems somewhat conventional to me.

You shouldn't forget that it was Yennefer who taught her much about elegance and how to be and cloth like a woman and sorceress. In the books she was a kid but now she is older. The Ciri in the game seems to reflect that.

Even in The Lady of the Lake people almost didn't recognize her after the end of the saga. People can change a lot depending on their situation in life...

"The girl had changed. And it wasn't just because of the scar in her face. She was completely different than back then when she was bound to the horse pole, when she cried, when she watched Bonhard while he cut off the heads from the killed members of the gang of rats. Completely different than back then when he doffed and whaled her in the "To the Chimera Head". Mere these eyes...these eyes hadn't even changed a bit."

from The Lady of the Lake, Andrzej Sapkowski

Last edited:

Ciri's description towards the end of the saga: "The girl, he would be his head, was not human. This was demonstrated by the slender body, the strange hair colour and the voice."

I'm actually really curious how she and Yen will sound like, I have absolutely no idea what to expect.

Thank you, I was wondering about that myself.
Choosing the right voice actor for Yen and Ciri is by no means an easy task.

And this whole problem brings two new questions:

1.) Does Ciri have a Cintrian accent ?
2.) What the heck does a Cintrian accent sound like ?

I'm torn. Ciri was still an adolescent in the books and by now she is a woman, so of course she looks different now than in the books. My first impression was nonetheless good, but without seeing her whole face/character, it is kinda hard to judge.

I think it is a good direction so far.

I chose the 2nd option, Great but could use some minor tweaking. Because yes she looks great, but nothing is ever perfect and never will be.

I don't think so. Ciri was born in 1251. She escaped from Cintra during 1st Nilfgaard-Nordling War in 1262. So she was 11 years old - pretty young girl. And she never returned to Cintra... And there was so many traumatic events in her life for next 6 years, so many changes, so many different people around her, so many different regions with own accents where she lived (and if she wanted to hide she must become similar to people around her)...

Last edited:
Thank you, I was wondering about that myself.
Choosing the right voice actor for Yen and Ciri is by no means an easy task.

Well, how did they figure out what a Rivian accent sounded like?

Top Bottom