(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
We have no idea how tall she is in the game yet. I would like to know which book gives us that measurement @C0bR because I missed that, so I need to go back and reread.

Bonhart also gives the same measurement when they are buying a sword from Esterhazy.

It's funny how everyone in the book takes Ciri's measurements.
I hope that isn't the first thing Geralt does when meeting her~

Her size of 5"9 (~175 cm) is rather tall though and she came across as tall in the trailer.

It's easy to keep in mind the image of that girl who where lost in the desert, but she must be a stylized young girl. No time to gain extra weight, so untill CDPR don't give us a point of reference to see how tall she has been designed I thing she looks great to the lore... by now....

Last edited:
Bonhart also gives the same measurement when they are buying a sword from Esterhazy.

Just for reference, from Tower of the Swallow (English version, fan translation)
The swordsmith Esterhazy looked curiously at Ciri, without getting up from behind the oak table. "For her," he guessed, as he tapped the barrel of his pen to his paper weight, which was a strange figure. "The sword that you asked for in your letter is for her. Is that correct, Bonhart? Well then, let's assess... check to see if this matches with what you wrote. Size is five foot nine inches...

... No question, a weapon for this young lady can be easily found. This weight and size of thirty inches fits a standard sword. For the light body and the little hand she needs a mini hybrid with a nine inch extended handle and ball knob.

I was a mini-girl in my 11-13's....Nothing to do with what I became some years later.... Hormones play a wierd role with gens onve the subjet start the changement because they "awake" some treats from one parent til then in stand-by. Her father is not a little man, and her mother was not a little woman neither.

It's funny how everyone in the book takes Ciri's measurements.
I hope that isn't the first thing Geralt does when meeting her~

Her size of 5"9 (~175 cm) is rather tall though and she came across as tall in the trailer.

I feel that it was a matter of framing that lended itself to her seeming so tall (mainly because they only want you getting a brief partial glimpse of her). You don't get to see her full body and it zooms in pretty quick and there is nothing in the foreground that really allows you to get a frame of reference for comparison. Best we have is the Game Informer cover where she is in the foreground, but still appears to be shorter than Geralt - for what that's worth. I'd wager that she is going to be around Triss' height.

Though now thanks to you I have a hilarious image of Geralt busting out a tape measure and sizing her up when they meet. No talking, just pulls it out and measures her while Ciri gives Geralt one of those 'what the hell are you doing' looks.

Though now thanks to you I have a hilarious image of Geralt busting out a tape measure and sizing her up when they meet. No talking, just pulls it out and measures her while Ciri gives Geralt one of those 'what the hell are you doing' looks.

Coming soon: "Size matters" - a tape measure mod for TW3.

I guess its hard too judge one's youthfulness just by looking at someones profile. I just see discreet scars and and a beautiful fully formed nose. My only objection concern is about the way she's dressed. She is running in some kind arctic climate and she wears nothing to cover her neck and shoulders? I don't know but I lived across enough winters that you kinda freeze atop mountains when there's snow like that. There might be some context tho.

I guess its hard too judge one's youthfulness just by looking at someones profile. I just see discreet scars and and a beautiful fully formed nose. My only objection concern is about the way she's dressed. She is running in some kind arctic climate and she wears nothing to cover her neck and shoulders? I don't know but I lived across enough winters that you kinda freeze atop mountains when there's snow like that. There might be some context tho.

She can travel through the time so she can easily wearing the right clothes for the place and time she has come from. Nothng weird in that detail.

Last edited:
Style wise she's fine her clothing doesn't look sexulized just fitted and nice. For me though its still the hair/eye combo that annoys me but thats her look so really nothing needs to change about it.

I voted "Great"
I think she fits the description well, although in my mind she looks a tad too old.

"Great" - The first sight was enough for me to say that she looks very grown up. Maybe it's just me but i think her face is resembling the face of Triss.

"Great" - The first sight was enough for me to say that she looks very grown up. Maybe it's just me but i think her face is resembling the face of Triss.

That's little default of CPDR games: structural bone heads are the same for all women. They change little details. But it's still OK

My only complain is her hairstyle and it's seems her clothes lack of armor, she is a witcherss! I always imagine Ciri have her hair loose like "Yennefer" or using a hair bandana caused it's match her personality and ideology for being a free woman. A little detail, she covers her scar with her hair . . .

Last edited:
Where’s the “I haven’t read the books and couldn’t care less” option?

You don't need to have read the books to have an opinion about a character's design.
So don't be afraid to vote for the impression the character left on you.

There is no "I couldn't care less" option, because this poll is meant to show what the general consensus of opinions is.
If you have no opinion, you have nothing you need to voice.

I hope I was able to help you with this explanation~

My only complain is her hairstyle and it's seems her clothes lack of armor, she is a witcherss! I always imagine Ciri have her hair loose like "Yennefer" or using a hair bandana caused it's match her personality and ideology for being a free woman. A little detail, she covers her scar with her hair . . .

Yeah, I understand perfectly what you mean~

Most of us already mentioned that the hair covering the scar definately should be in.
And I'd also like to see longer hair on Ciri, although I understand that shorter hair is more practical in combat,
and it causes less clipping issues for the developers.

Overall we can be glad that CDPR tackled this hairy issue (*drumroll*) and that we don't
have to deal only with short, static haircuts because of technical limitations - like in DA:I.

It's a nice detail and we'll see how CDPR uses our feedback and works on the characters until release~

Last edited:
Top Bottom