(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

+

(Poll) What's your contructive opinion on Ciri's design?

• It's perfect! (Leave it as it is)

Votes: 168 32.7%
  • It's great! ( some minor tweaks could be made)

Votes: 226 44.1%
  • It's Okay. ( Would like some adjustment)

Votes: 91 17.7%
  • It's bad. (Needs some major changes)

Votes: 21 4.1%
  • It's terrible! (needs to be completely redesigned)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters
Oddly, no one seemed to give a shit that Nick Fury was black in the Marvel movies. But then again, he was also Samuel L. Jackson. Pretty sure even the KKK likes Samuel L. Jackson.

Actually, Nick Fury from the Ultimate storyline ( I think ) was already modeled after Samuel Jackson, long before the movies were planned :D It's the from-scratch or alternate universe thing you mentioned I guess.

Oddly, no one seemed to give a shit that Nick Fury was black in the Marvel movies. But then again, he was also Samuel L. Jackson. Pretty sure even the KKK likes Samuel L. Jackson.

For how I got it, the problem with Johnny Storm was not that he is black, but more that his sister was white. That point was odd.

But yeah, a bit offtopic, we should talk about Ciri :p
We know for sure that the new (CGI-)Trailer will let us see more of Yennefer. Do you guys think we'll get more of Ciri?

@arkblazer

Yeah she is described that way in the books as well. Though tomboyish, one could see that she has elven blood. It was either Triss or Yennefer that said this, I'm not quite sure.

That's why I always assumed that her facial features would be more.. light than CDPR has showed us, but their version grew on me already. I mean what we've seen so far. :p

It's also evident to Galahad, who immediately takes her for one of the "fair folk" of his world. That's one of the reasons I envisioned her as more wiry than the big broad-shouldered lass we saw, more like shinobi2u's drawings than the trailer.

again, maybe is just me, but i find CDP design very wiry.

I think the transition from the leather corset to the leather pants is a bit too "stiff".

If you make the corset a bit shorter and the end of that "linen fencing shirt" stick out below it,
you could break the symmetry a bit.

Last edited:
I think she should look a bit younger.

How a young woman past 20's who was tortured, lived hardships and mistreatment must look? like a pretty teenager of wealthy life? IMO everything but younger than this Ciri looks.

Aboutthe other opinions about elven features, why? no one who is with her notice those features, why CDPR should do it? The only feature could link her with elven is the stylized body and false appearance of fragility

Last edited:
Hmm...have a quick google around and see all the different pictures of Ciri. There are very slender, tall ones, shorter ones, boyish ones, more elegant styles...etc. The only thing that seems to be in common is her long,straight, ashen hair (though i have seen a couple with wavy hair). Other than that, she differs a fair bit. So unless there's a picture that the author himself drew, someone's appearance based on a description is kinda like making a cake based on saying what it looks like rather than having an actual recipe. This is like the Yennefer thread. I find both threads a little nit-picky-ish.
Though i do agree there are some specifics that CD should stick to, and everyone agrees on, a person's appearance based on description is rather a subjective thing.
Even moreso with races that don't actually exist, such as Elves. To me, i think LOTR. And they were all tall, slender beings in those movies. So if Ciri is meant to be of Elven blood, that's how i imagine her.
One thing though, someone mentioned she's meant to be 20yo? She looks a fair bit older in the trailer to me. I get it that she's been through a lot, but her age doesn't quite match her face.
As far as her hair goes, she seems to have it tied back and up in the trailer, so maybe there will be scenes in which she has it out.

As she is now, i like her. But i'd be more worried about her character and getting that right, rather than how long her hair is, or what shade of blonde. Much like the Yennefer thread. I'd rather CD get both their characters right.

One thing though, someone mentioned she's meant to be 20yo? She looks a fair bit older in the trailer to me. I get it that she's been through a lot, but her age doesn't quite match her face.

Ciri is supposed to be 21-23 years old at the point the Witcher 3 takes place.
The little twist here is that no one can say for certain how old she is because she travelled through time and space.

In essence we're just nitpicking in this thread here, with very few exceptions.
Overall the majority of us is happy with how Ciri turned out, all that is missing is a bit polish.

But you can't please everyone. Until now Ciri was tailored exclusively to each persons imagination.
And when such a character finally becomes reality, it's obvious that it can't match everyones idea
of what this character has to be like~

The whiteish hair is completely lore-friendly too, because in the books it was already stated that
while Ciri had ashblonde hair, it grew more and more white, starting with strands.

So everything is cool here, we just like to discuss it~

How a young woman past 20's who was tortured, lived hardships and mistreatment must look? like a pretty teenager of wealthy life? IMO everything but younger than this Ciri looks.

Aboutthe other opinions about elven features, why? no one who is with her notice those features, why CDPR should do it? The only feature could link her with elven is the stylized body and false appearance of fragility
Facial structure has nothing to do with being rich, being tortured, or having an easy or hard life. facial bones grow and change until the age of 25, and the adipose tissue starts to deteriorate each year that passes by afterwards. Ciri has facial structure of a woman in her late 20s and early 30s. I think Ciri should look less mature and much longer than Yennefer, but they look almost the same age.
But it's all a matter of opinion, and each of our perception of Ciri is different from the next person.

Facial structure has nothing to do with being rich, being tortured, or having an easy or hard life. facial bones grow and change until the age of 25, and the adipose tissue starts to deteriorate each year that passes by afterwards. Ciri has facial structure of a woman in her late 20s and early 30s. I think Ciri should look less mature and much longer than Yennefer, but they look almost the same age.
But it's all a matter of opinion, and each of our perception of Ciri is different from the next person.

Well it's not a mathematic matter, that doesn't happen to everybody in the same way :p I guess the problem is not Ciri's design but Yen's one... too younger for her

Well it's not a mathematic matter, that doesn't happen to everybody in the same way :p I guess the problem is not Ciri's design but Yen's one... too younger for her

I think you hit the nail on the head, wichat.
Yennefer should look more grown up, much like the artworks of JustAnor.

My personal guess is that they weren't done modelling Yennefer, but decided to have her in that trailer anyway.
That's probably why she only had a short scene~

Wouldn't she be more heavily armored if she was on the run from the Wild Hunt? Her outfit just seems...like it belongs in another kind of RPG. Maybe it looks too high fantasy? I don't know how else to describe it.

edit- to clarify I mean Witcher style leather armor, maybe not quite as heavy as what Geralt wears but more protective than what she has now.

Last edited:
Wouldn't she be more heavily armored if she was on the run from the Wild Hunt? Her outfit just seems...like it belongs in another kind of RPG. Maybe it looks too high fantasy? I don't know how else to describe it.
Armour doesn't fit in with Ciri's fighting style. She uses her superior agility and training to avoid getting hit in the first place. Armour would just slow her down, both in travel and in combat.

If I have any complaints, it's that those leather pants are needlessly tight for a warrior, let alone a character we aren't supposed to be sexually attracted to, and that she looks like she's wearing make up and a complex hairstyle while escaping through wilderness. I feel she should have a rougher appearance. She can clean up and pretty herself if she gets to a peaceful setting for awhile, but her trailer appearance doesn't look like she would have the time to care for her looks.

Top Bottom