Poll: Who Would You Like to See as the Protagonist for "The Witcher 4"?

+

Poll: Who Would You Like to See as the Protagonist for The Witcher 4?

• Total voters

Guest 3847602

Poll results pretty much mirror my sentiments:

Would gladly play:
- Lambert or Eskel sequel
- Vesemir prequel
- sequel with original predefined protagonist

Would still probably play, but not with great enthusiasm:
- Ciri sequel
- Geralt sequel

Not in the least interested in:
- custom-made, blank-slate protagonist

A spinoff game set in the witcher universe (playing as a sorceress or a mercenary) is also fine with me and would go into the first category (right behind Vesemir). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ooodrin;n10864261 said:
- Vesemir prequel
This looks like a job for Vesemir!

Well, it completely depends on the game premise for me; any prequel should have vesemir serve as the main(for purpose of fleshing out universe as a whole before geralt's adventures and setting up the "destiny" story for him and ciri), while if they continue, I believe Eskel should take over(he has his own "child of destiny" which could be used as a story device, he's got a certain "animal magnetism" thing going on as evidenced in the 3rd game, and he's got some real intrigue for him based on how most characters react to him).

Or a whole new witcher AND school based in a far-off country. That is how I'd see something like a new protagonist taking over for old White Wolf...

Previously, my choice was a new pre-defined protagonist, but with character creation having been confirmed in Cyberpunk, I am leaning towards a custom character if that works out well enough in CP2077. Obviously, it is more difficult to implement well, but the increased freedom it gives might very well be worth it. I think even the CEO said recently (at the same conference where the custom protagonist in Cyberpunk was confirmed) that Geralt's character was limiting them in the Witcher series, they could not give the player options that would have been clearly out of character for him.

I think we came to an end with Geralt, even if I love him to pieces and will miss his humour. So either a game about his early life, or a game with Ciri or a brand new character.

To me, I am highly interested in young vesemir and seeing the witchers a few hundred years ago, hell their bases could still be intact and thriving, show the downfall of witchers and the changes on the inside.
Alternatively i'd like to get away from existing characters, a new character, a new location, probably a different witcher school which would have their own base, it could even be set prior to Geralt's time, as the same time as witcher 3, post the series, could be any of them. Some easter eggs could be in the game where you visit areas established in previous games and hear mention of characters we know and things of that sort.

Regardless of what they decide i have faith CDPR will do it right if they return to the series.

There is a way after TW3, that Geralt can be the Protagnoist again, I have some good ideas, why he is leaving Toussaint again for some adverntures...

I trust CDPR to give us a good protagonist, regardless of who they are. That said, I would like to be able to play as a female character. I would still buy the game if I couldn't but given the choice it's my preferred option.

The options of playing as a Sorceress, or a Scoia'tael would also be pretty cool..... but that sort of thing makes me feel like it would be best saved for an MMO.

I’m a super Witcher fan. I’ve played the Witcher 3 so much. I just wanted to give a suggestion as a fan.

The next Witcher game should be a coop-rpg. You can start by choosing a Witcher School which will give you different stats. Then you can create your own Witcher Character, either male or female.(make sure you add a ton of customization, Dragon Age style). From there you can start the the Adventure, with a super cool and interesting story line. Perhaps the setting should be years back before the actual Witcher games. Where witchers were more common, or during their decline. This will give players a sense of what it was to be an actual Witcher from a personal point of view. At some point, play with your friends (4player co-op), and they can help you kill monsters and complete contracts. Each having a different ability. Follow the story and allow your companions to join your adventure. Level up, upgrade your skill points, gather weapons and gear.

Keeping the same Witcher 3 style and formula. The fighting, crafting, movement, and everything is just perfect. A bigger open world, with way more side quests.

-Thank You

I think that idea works better in an MMO setting.

Witchers don't generally work in groups, certainly not teams of 4.

Imo multiplayer/coop in the Witcher games should be left until CDPR decide they want to pursue a Witcher MMORPG. Since to me, the idea of 4 witchers running around together completing contracts is kinda lore-breaking as witchers usually work alone. Not to mention female witchers supposedly don't exist, so how would you explain 4 suddenly existing?

I think that idea works better in an MMO setting.

Witchers don't generally work in groups, certainly not teams of 4.

Imo multiplayer/coop in the Witcher games should be left until CDPR decide they want to pursue a Witcher MMORPG. Since to me, the idea of 4 witchers running around together completing contracts is kinda lore-breaking as witchers usually work alone. Not to mention female witchers supposedly don't exist, so how would you explain 4 suddenly existing?

I'd say Witchers are horny just like all of us but then again the whole 'Witchers are sterile upon creation thing gets you every time.'

But then again a Witcher MMO would be interesting to see but again the whole 'Witchers work alone thing.'

In all honesty I would still like to see a Witcher MMO as I would also like to explore options of being a Scoia'tael and other parts of the Witcher universe.

I would like to see Ciri as protagonist in Witcher 4, it would be awesome!

I loved to play as Ciri in Witcher 3, it felt so good...

To be honest, if ciri would be the main protagonist in witcher 4, i wouldn't purchase it.
That game would have nothing to do with the witcher series, she is not a witcher, and she would be overpowered as hell.

aaaaaaand i dont like her ;)

And also the coop idea would be bad in my opinion.... there are enough games for that type of players. It wouldn't fit..
cdpr should not follow the main stream....

This is true. A Game clalled "The Witcher" should allow you to play a real Witcher and Ciri isn't one.
Plus I don't want (again) an ending which CDPR descides it is lore and give a damn to the player who took the other ending (like the Witcher 2 ending and consequences in TW3): What I mean is, players who descided Ciri to be the empress, or don't coming back wouldn't be satisfied with that.

Top Bottom