(POLL) Your favorite female character in The Witcher 2!

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
WardDragon said:
She was supposed to be on Kaedwen's side but after she saw that Kaedwen was winning the battle she summoned fireballs down from the sky and killed thousands of people on both sides just to prevent Henselt from becoming too powerful. The way I see it, she killed her own people which is why I've got no problem with Henselt killing her for it (and she got help from Phillipa and someone else, was it Sile? I can't remember too clearly but in any case I wouldn't object if Henselt had killed them too).

Hum not really like someone said Sabrina is a member of the lodge, so she is loyal to it and not some king that likes a good war.

My take of this is, killing people is wrong even if there are not in your side unless you are doing it to defend your country like Saskia did, even then war is ugly. Helselt is just a guy that likes the killing and the power that comes with it and Sabrina is almost on the same level, so this is why I do not get it.

WardDragon said:
He wasn't judging her for being evil. He was really pissed off that she killed a lot of his soldiers.

And how that makes it better? Roche was not judging him for being evil, he was really pissed off that Helselt killed his team.

guynwah said:
I didn't read that scene the same way: it seemed like the battle was a stalemate, with Kaedwen being unable to drive Aedirn from the field. Sabrina's battlefield nuke job cleared the field, and the Kaedweni reinforcements would have carried the day in a walkover.

Henselt has (or had) definite beliefs about how a war should be fought, and in his eyes, she became a war criminal. I'm sure her destruction of his army's soldiers and morale had much to do with his decision, but it seemed clear to me that he regarded her intervention as a crime, foremost.

I can't remember the exact dialogue, but based on what people said it sounded like the Kaedweni commander Vandergrift killed the Aedirnian commander Seltkirk and sent the Aedirnian forces into disarray. Then after that, Sabrina saw that Vandergrift was winning and she didn't want Kaedwen to become too powerful so she summoned the fireballs to kill both sides, then lied to Henselt claiming it was necessary to win the battle but he didn't believe her so he had her executed. I think the cutscene explaining this was on Roche's path, so I guess it's possible people may have missed it.

Incidentally I checked the Wiki to make sure I got the names right, and I was surprised that Sabrina was the sorceress in the Price of Neutrality from TW1. I completely missed that connection before because I had forgotten her name by the time I played TW2 :p (I know she's in the books as well but that part hasn't come out in English yet so I don't know her original personality)

guynwah said:
The Lodge made its intentions pretty clear. to keep the balance of power, as in Kaedwen should not be able to occupy the Pontar Valley.

Even if Sabrina's spell could have allowed a Kaedweni walkover, it would not be able to occupy it. That was the primary objective of the spell, to create a strategic stalemate, even if it was a Kaedweni Pyrrhic tactical victory.

Exactly :)

guynwah said:
True forgot about her ... Geralt should hire Letho to kill Radovid though . I was alittle shocked by his plan for Anais . Woody Allenish raise your adopted child to be your wife ewww .

I felt the same way when I got to that part in the game. Now I'm reading Blood of Elves and it seems like all the kings are equally as bad (and even a queen) so I just give up on the royalty altogether XD I'm kind of hoping that Saskia ends up taking over the north

guynwah said:
Hum not really like someone said Sabrina is a member of the lodge, so she is loyal to it and not some king that likes a good war.

I still see Sabrina as a traitor. She was in a position of power over the country and instead of doing right by the Kaedweni people she massacred them. She betrayed the people she was supposed to protect.

guynwah said:
My take of this is, killing people is wrong even if there are not in your side unless you are doing it to defend your country like Saskia did, even then war is ugly. Helselt is just a guy that likes the killing and the power that comes with it and Sabrina is almost on the same level, so this is why I do not get it.

I hate both Sabrina and Henselt :p

guynwah said:
And how that makes it better? Roche was not judging him for being evil, he was really pissed off that Helselt killed his team.

I think Henselt is bad for starting the war in the first place. However it's completely normal for him to be angry that his own people got massacred by his adviser and I would be confused if anybody in that position didn't feel the same way. Same for Roche's reaction to losing his people.

In the Witcher world there isn't really any kind of fair court system (especially not by today's standards) so I don't think it's wrong for Roche (or even Henselt in this case) to take the law into his own hands. It fits within the context of what goes on in that universe.

I dont like any of the sorceress, all has a cold heart, all are bitches. Yennefer disappoint me so much at the final of the books.
She made the mistake of carrying Ciri a second time to the lodge
And Triss
always was a coward and is a puppet of Philippa
My favorite is Askia, i like her temperament and gallantry

I voted for Triss because of her wisdom and intelligence.
Saskia was also brave/awesome.

And I don't know why but I liked the Succubus quest.

Wish there was a little more of her in the game oh and a better ending scene too .. but my signature speaks for itself .. Triss!

Snowie79 said:
Wish there was a little more of her in the game oh and a better ending scene too .. but my signature speaks for itself .. Triss!

I think we see plenty enough of Triss in this one. Nudgenudgewinkwinksaynomore

Also, Triss Merigold is an anagram of 'Grimiest lords'. So now we know.

SlateUK said:
I think we see plenty enough of Triss in this one. Nudgenudgewinkwinksaynomore

Also, Triss Merigold is an anagram of 'Grimiest lords'. So now we know.

Not in the Czech versions :p There here name is Triss Ranuncul

Really? I wasn't aware there were regional name variants. That's actually a far lovelier name too.

Thanks to my phone I can double post like a champ apparently.

What other characters have different names in the English translation?

SlateUK said:
Thanks to my phone I can double post like a champ apparently.

What other characters have different names in the English translation?

Well, Jaskier is Polish, Marigold is Czech and Dandelion is everything else I think.
Triss is Ranuncul only in the Czech version and Mousesack is Myšilov (which means mouse hunt in English :D) I dont know about other versions.
Thats why I always laugh when I see the user "merigoldsass" post because Im used to thinking Marigold is Dandelion :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom