Poll: Your preference about our reputation?

+

Opinions?

• Good idea, hope it will be added

Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Well it has flaws but I'd like to see it in CP2077

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • I have better idea

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Typical good/bad is enough

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Nope, I don't wanna any kind of reputation system

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
Don't understand it as "so there is a bar that shows your morality and people's thoughts changes based on it" my concept is people and CP universe would react to our every action.

Example one: We're acting like coward and showing people we're afraid from them. So every character would try to intimidate us

Example two: We're reckless and overconfident, we would get dangerous tasks instead of rather easy ones

Example three: We try to flirt with everyone, so people may warn us about it "Unlike other girls, I'm not easily fooled by your nice words so don't push your luck"

TL;DR: A reputation system based on not only bad/good but also our gameplay style. What's your opinions?

That's something I'd really like to see even if its just limited to how you do quests, I'd love to see NPCs and even enemies actually react differently to you depending on your choices and actions.

Ive been thinking something like this. I think Fashion score should affect on how NPC's react to us. Your score is low, they lie, be rude, even hostile or aggressive. Your score is high, they are respectful, friendly and might give you even hints or help. Take tons of resources to put multiple "behavior mode" to NPCs though, but it would be fun for players, it would be so fun to play with low score, to see how much you can piss them off etc. But the reward is though, player might play the game twice, with different fashion scores.

I don't know to be honest, since I don't recall a game that had a 'Reputation' System per se to play with .

Mass effect serie had Paragon and Renegade system , but that didn't have much impact globally . It had one on some quest (Like Samara Quest, Tali Quest..etc) . But the peoples didn't change based on Shepard looking scary with red vines on their faces .

Dragon Age 2 had something similar with Rivalery-Friendship . And some companions could turn on you if you screw them over during their personal quest . Again, I don't feel this would be called a 'Reputation' system . Since the keys players npc still act the same no matter what you did or who you lost .

Baldur's Gate has Alignement system . And its been ages, but I don't remember if the npc reacted if you were completely whacko and evil . I do know that some companions would leave (with all the gear lol) if you go against their moral compasse . They may even turn hostile against you .

CDPROJEKT did say something a while ago, that the companions in the game would be based on story . So you can't just click a window and say 'Hey you! you coming with me for the next mission' . Or go 'ahh she remind me of Liara, I'm gonna take her everywhere with meh'' .

But maybe the reputation would have an impact on what kind of quest would pop on the map for you, which get locked away, and how it alter the branching of the story .

because that is important . I don't want a reputation system that just spawn some Thugs to clean and move on, cose 3 quest back I screw with this group of lunatic and now they just keep spawning like a Radiant Boring Quest .

I do want consequences , just not boring kill thugs in an alley and pick up their loot . I would love to see the reputation system have an impact on the story itself . Maybe unlock different cyber , block some you won't have access to anymore .

Unlock new clothes to fit what we did .

I also would like that both Positive and Negative has an impact . And not in the sense , you gotta be Good, you can be bad and own up to the consequences but both path are valide kinda of way .

I expect the game to be a lot of grey like TW3 , so who decides what`s good and bad ?

I have read / heard that there will be consequences for the things you / V does just not right away like TW3 did . So you couldn`t go back and fix something you did X hours ago . After all Mike`s catch cry is " You can`t save the world only yourself ".

Last edited:
I expect the game to be a lot of grey like TW3 , so who decides what`s good and bad ?

I have read / heard that there will be consequences for the things you / V does just not right away like TW3 did . So you couldn`t go back and fix something you did X hours ago . After all Mike`s catch cry is " You can`t save the world only yourself ".
Yeah, I know that . Homewhever, how do you translate that Gray into reputation ?

lol y'know what ? maybe CDPROJEKT would introduce True neutral in the reputation system lol we'll be like kreia all gray middle ground . I know alot of peoples like to play that way (I don't know how they do it, I always end up Goody Goody )

hey thats what walktrought are for lol

I do want consequences , just not boring kill thugs in an alley and pick up their loot . I would love to see the reputation system have an impact on the story itself . Maybe unlock different cyber , block some you won't have access to anymore .

If you read stuff about Trauma Team, thats exactly how they work, they go in, shoot the people, and collect their body parts for other usage and move to another location. Its really a world very rare people think about concequences, imho. I see Cyberpunk as "sociopathic" but maybe thats just me.

"A sociopath is a term used to describe someone who has antisocial personality disorder (ASPD). People with ASPD can't understand others' feelings. They'll often break rules or make impulsive decisions without feeling guilty for the harm they cause. "

That sounds like a nice spin on game series. Theres tons of sociopathic traits to build npcs/story etc.

Last edited:
Everything that helps roleplay is a plus in my book, and I don't want to see Skyrim again where I'm one of the most powerful being ever yet guards still scowl at me.

A reputation system with everyone as an individual would be a nightmare to design and code. But you could, and I'm fairly certain CDPR does, track groups (i.e. gangs/organizations) and a few key individuals (your RipperDoc and potential love interests).

The real questions are: What exactly is tracked? How does reputation standing influence gameplay?

No, It's too gamey mechanic. and It doesn't fit to the design CDPR is aiming for. CDPR doesn't make the game about simple good and evil (you can't define whether your action is good or evil) or faction based one. So it's unnecessary.

No, It's too gamey mechanic. and It doesn't fit to the design CDPR is aiming for. CDPR doesn't make the game about simple good and evil (you can't define whether your action is good or evil) or faction based one. So it's unnecessary.

I don't think it's too gamey to make someone with an overly high body count begins to be considered fearsome for example.

it is if it happens over hours, reputation takes years to build.

You can make a (bad) reputation very fast if you do something big, look at Al-Qaïda: One day strangers to 99,99% of the world, the next day number one public enemy of occidental civilisations.

And anyone killing that much in that few time is exceptional even by Cyberpunk 2020 standard.

Not sure about what I think of this.

Could be interesting -- but only if it didn't make every NPC react in the same way. For example, not everyone should try to intimidate a V who makes themselves seem cowardly.

Some could even react in pretty much the opposite way; recognise the weakness and instead of taking advantage of it, try and take it into account in a more positive way.
This would get really complicated to actually implement, though, I would assume. :D

(The traditional good/bad isn't something I want, and nor do I really expect black-and-white like that from CDPR.)

If groups/NPCs react differently to you based on your rep there would have to be a rating for every group. Gangs, criminals, cops, corps, military, etc. It's tough to set up a system like this without pigeonholing every NPC. Even if you have a certain rep with a group there should be allowances for NPCs to take a dislike to your character regardless of the rep score, as would happen in RL.

Looks like they have answered what they are planning to do already.

"“The more you work on the streets, the more assignments you do, the more contracts you complete, as a merc, you gain a bigger name for yourself,” explains lead quest designer Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz. “This works both for gangs and for the other potential employers that you might get."

"However, building up your street cred as a mercenary also has some drawbacks. Once your name gets out there more, there’s a danger in your reputation getting too big. “This can have a downside sometimes because the more recognizable you are, that actually might be a detriment in some missions. People will recognize you and that's not always a good thing if you want to stay incognito.” "

From: https://www.gameinformer.com/index....t-cred-can-help-or-hurt-you-in-cyberpunk-2077

Sounds pretty fun to me. Especially if your rep gets too high. " When I asked if this would unlock some of the best items and gear in the game, he responded with “probably.” High rep gives you gears?

I think high StreetCred should open some cool bars and clubs, etc. And girls, V comes to town he can only access some cheap-hos, at the later stages of the game, he bang stunners. Im not sure what to think about "gears" though, higher your rep, better gears, so easier game?

Last edited:
Top Bottom