Poor console performance and graphics need to be addressed

+
I am disappointed to see the state that the game is in on base ps4. With future patches I'm sure it will improve, but I expected more from CDPR at launch. "Coming when it's ready" well, looks like it wasn't ready. It should have been delayed till March. Blurry, laggy, bugs, pop in, etc. CDPR NEED TO ADDRESS THIS! It's unacceptable. We need confirmation that they are working to fix this version.

To be fair, unless you are running some sort of 2080ti/3080 monster rig, PC performance isn't much better.

My 1080ti is crying tears of blood trying to run this on medium settings at 1440p, and it looks rather ugly.

PC performance is actually pretty decent. I'm running a 1080 myself and getting some pretty decent FPS (60+ most of the time, dips to low 50 in some areas) with almost everything maxed out. Just lower your resolution, the maxed out graphics will more than make up for it. It's not an MP game so 50+ FPS is perfectly fine and looks smooth.

Let's be honest here. The base PS4 is some really old tech at this point and the 1080 is also getting old (as far video game tech goes). Expecting higher resolutions and great performance from 3-4+ years old tech with a brand new game is just unrealistic.

The graphics on the base PS4 are not good - I opened up Witcher 3 to compare, and it's apparent what a regression this is from their former masterpiece. Sharing the same disappointment a lot of CD project red fans are expressing. Not just disappointment on a half-baked product (riddled with bugs) that took 8 years to develop, but also towards CD project red's diceptivness on portraying what was supposed to be the best game of this generation console.

I have it on Ps4 Pro and it looks like crap. I mean I didn't expected anything truly marvelous from last gen, but what we got it's pure sh.. And now I'm stuck on Love Like Fire and can't make any progress because of the glitch... Thanks CDPR... Bravo.

PC performance is actually pretty decent. I'm running a 1080 myself and getting some pretty decent FPS (60+ most of the time, dips to low 50 in some areas) with almost everything maxed out. Just lower your resolution, the maxed out graphics will more than make up for it. It's not an MP game so 50+ FPS is perfectly fine and looks smooth.

Let's be honest here. The base PS4 is some really old tech at this point and the 1080 is also getting old (as far video game tech goes). Expecting higher resolutions and great performance from 3-4+ years old tech with a brand new game is just unrealistic.

Interesting. What resolution are you playing at?

At 1440p, I've had to turn nearly everything to medium/low and I still get huge spikes.

I have it on Ps4 Pro and it looks like crap. I mean I didn't expected anything truly marvelous from last gen, but what we got it's pure sh.. And now I'm stuck on Love Like Fire and can't make any progress because of the glitch... Thanks CDPR... Bravo.
I have it on PS4 Pro too and I found that, if I turned off HDR in the Video menu the colours in the game looked a lot more vibrant and......colourful than with it turned on. Also I found that doing this improved the performance.

The graphics on the base PS4 are not good - I opened up Witcher 3 to compare, and it's apparent what a regression this is from their former masterpiece. Sharing the same disappointment a lot of CD project red fans are expressing. Not just disappointment on a half-baked product (riddled with bugs) that took 8 years to develop, but also towards CD project red's diceptivness on portraying what was supposed to be the best game of this generation console.

You are comparing the current Witcher 3 to Cyberpunk. The current Witcher 3 has had many many years of bug fixes, improvements, and updates. The original release version of Witcher 3 was also a buggy mess of a game (Horse flying through the air, NPCs getting stuch, Dialog not playing, Monsters not spawning) that had horrible fps at launch.

People tend to forget that the current version of The Witcher 3 has had a lot of changes, refinements, and improvements over the years.

The thing is the game was announced in 2012 it was surposed to be made for the current consoles but it looks noting like a triple a game should for example ghost of tsushima even on base ps4 it looks good even at launch the game was clearly not ready and was only realeased on ps4 because they knew they could make money at launch.

Thay isn't really a fair comparison. Wicher 3 is a 3rd person game, and broken up into multiple open world areas. Fallout 4 would be a better comparison. For the record, i was playing FO4 right before I got CP, and that game still plays like crap

Top Bottom